Xiltas' Sprites (or the most imaginative title ever)

Xiltas Crysten

Okay, so I've been not very happy with Lena's last design, also I wanted to change her class from SM to Sniper, and so I decided to screw her whole sprite and re-do her from scratch:

Her last sprite:

carolyn-46ce8.png

New sprite:

lena_new.16eiu0.png

Comments please.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her hair is too low at the moment. Raise it up one pixel. Also, the strand of hair on her left is a bit unnatural looking. That and there is a pixel right under her chin that is the same color as her second shade of hair. It doesn't really stand out much, but it's still a bit strange.

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been a while since I posted something (though I was active the whole time), and I think it's time that I show you something again.

Yay me, I finished my first successful attempt of a Full Custom mug! I had no idea what to do with the body, so I ended up using TP Link's clothing as reference, the only thing I'm really not confident with is the chainmail. I had about four versions, but this was the first one and looked the best as well. So yeah, I hope that you like the sprite^^ (I noticed about midway that this guy looks like an alternate version of Kevin's and Carolyn's son I once thought of, subconscious is mysterious o.o)

fullcustomtrial.21ns9j.png

• 7 months later...

*cough cough*

Damn it, so much dust... it hurts my throat.

So yeah...25th June 2011, that's one week after my 20th birthday, time sure has passed. Some people may or may not know that with July of 2011, my civil service for Red Cross started (in Austria, for those who don't know, if you're physically capable of it, you have to either serve the army for 6 months or do Civil Service for 9 months once you turn 18 and are out of school, with or without graduating. I chose the later one, because the structure of our army is very much out of date, officers are bastards, yada yada. I don't think this really interests anybody, just thought I should explain my absence). Anyway, Service is coming to an end (with 31st of March), and I'll try to become more active again.

Still, I had no intentions of returning empty-handed, so I'll show you my new version of older Kevin I've been (occasionally) working on since beginning December. I did my best with the hair, it's a combination of complex-splicing, semi- and full custom, body is semi-customized and complex-spliced, the collar is full custom (though I was inspired by Zephiel's). Face is (theoretically) the same as the old "older one", only the chin was a bit edited and new eyes.

kev1-2.1431413ly0g.png

I'm not not perfectly fine with the body and collar, but I wanted to present a complete sprite...

...So yeah, this is my comeback. Feel free to laugh about it, love it and/or comment it.

I dig it :P Since you mentioned you weren't entirely happy with the body, maybe you're intending to fix it, but lol it just seems pretty bare next to that huge, elegantly trimmed collar :P But the face and stuff looks good... The left OPV side of his hair looks kinda odd, like it was just thrown in, doesn't really flow that well :( I overall really like it though, definitely an improvement on the old one :3

Edit: I found the thing about the civil service interesting, by the way

Edited by Jubby

Hnnng, the shading. Shading is what you seriously need to work on, Xil. It's pretty chunky and needs a lot of smoothing out.

I'll second what Jubby said, minus the parts about liking it all that much. It's better than the previous one, sure, but it still needs a lot of work.

Hnnng, the shading. Shading is what you seriously need to work on, Xil. It's pretty chunky and needs a lot of smoothing out.

I'll second what Jubby said, minus the parts about liking it all that much. It's better than the previous one, sure, but it still needs a lot of work.

Mostly the concept that I like :P It's still kinda in those awkward phases, but I see the potential shining throughNewYearsEmoticon.gif

• 2 months later...

So yeah, last week I started again to work on the older Kev sprite, and I announce that I officially finished it! God, it feels good to speak these words.

kev1-2.1763cbbjn.png

I really did my best, redoing his left part of the hair from scratch, reworked the jacket and collar and did my best with the shading. Char gave me a hint which gave me a better idea for the hair. I also have frames ready for him, so if someone wants to use him, please PM me.

D'oh god hipsters why

Char, y u do this ; ~ ;

Warning: Pointless spam ahead. That's not a hipster m'dear, that's a scene kid. :p

• 4 weeks later...

I'll warn him if Naruto is on the loose.^^ (Working on it)

So yeah, I've been spriting in the mean time while looking for a job, and I came to the conclusion that I still need the Christmas Brigade (only had one cav so far), so I designed a second one, called Leo:

wyatt166kje.png

So I had the three royal knights of Théalen, Chris, Wyatt and Leo, but I decided to let Leo and Wyatt change names, so the Cavalier Duo is now called Wyatt and Chris, and the knight is now Leo.

Oh, and I slightly re-designed Chris (so he can keep up with Wyatt's looks):

last_chris1iij0h.png (I think this will be the last design, only fixing some issues still left)

And last but not least, I redid Wyatt Leo from scratch:

leo1kvmgh.png

I'm not all fine with the nose, but it's the best one I came up so far.

CnC, please!

Second guy: Change the hair or fix the shading, because Saul's hair has shiiiiiit for shading. So do most all the FE6 mugs. Specifically, a lack of detail or depth.

Third guy: if you don't like the nose, splice in a new one.

3rd: I did ._." this was the best I could come up with.

2nd: Yes, you're right about that. That was part of what I meant with fixing.^^

About the following sprite: I wasn't quite sure what would come out when I started. I wanted to do either a remake of my "Young Durban" or Howard, the pirate of my hack. In the end, I got quite a good idea for the later one, and so I went with it.

Oh, just for comparison: the old Howard:

howardltk9m.png

The new one:

howard_remake1.230rmic.png

This sprite is now ready to be ripped apart by cnc.^^

• 3 weeks later...

Currently working on improving the new Howard.

So yeah, I've started to redo my "Young Heroes of Scouring"-Series, starting with Roland (whom I posted in the Summer Theme Comp, but unfortunately, I have no idea for a summer style clothing or anything, so maybe I'll sit this one out...

roland_jung3.81mije6.png

The actual reason I double-post is my new Sprite, which I started yesterday. It's pretty finished, just guess I'll fix some things and improve it in time. Personally, I believe he is the greatest hero, because he's... bearing great power with great responsibility. Guess whom I mean?

s-hero-proj1xn85u.png

I had a little problem with the shape of the head, and wasn't sure whether I should include the silhouette of ears and mouth or not... but in the end I left them away. I like the lenses of the eyes, I managed to do them better than I expected.

Also, it's a great timing, since the new Spiderman-movie is soon in cinema^^

CnC, please.^^

Okay, your approach to patterns doesn't work. Spidey is very, VERY pillow-shaded.

My recommendation is to ditch the pattern, shade, and THEN draw the pattern. You always want to put the basic shading on first so you can get the proper depth in a sprite. This way you don't overshade things when you go to put the detail on.

On your first face, the face itself is too long; mouth and bottom of the nose are too close to the chin. Bring 'em up some. That ear is also atrociously tiny. Replace it with another.

I actually kinda flinched. Spiderman? Awesome!! Though, about that movie...not looking forward to it.

They usually have the actors and voices for Spiderman fit the "awkward teen" persona. But now?

THEY JUST THREW THAT SHIT OUT THE FUCKIN WINDOW!!!

Dat sprite, though...wow, dat sprite. But why a thick brown for his web pattern?