Battle Animations Questions

Funkfest

-Let's use Eliwood (unpromoted) as our first example. Say, you give him the ability to use anima magic, and he's using thunder. What would the animation be. Would he just stand there while the lightning hits the enemy, or would he stab the guy and stay there while the thunder animation occurs? Or would there be no thunder at all, and he just stabs the dude and damage is done?

-If he uses an axe, it wouldn't change at all, right? It would just be stabbity stab like Eliwood does, right? And an archer would just shoot from a close range if you gave him the ability to use a sword?

-Now, let's switch to magic. If you gave Erk the ability to use lances, would he just do the animation he normally does, but the enemy gets hit by an invisible object? That seems likely. Same with Canas; would he charge up, and then the enemy gets hurt by nothing?

-One more, then I'm done. If you, say, hacked Eliwood's Rapier so it has 1-2 range, what would happen if he attacked from range? I can't even think of what would happen. Maybe Light Brand animation (without the light part, so it looks like the enemy is once again being hit by air)?

Thanks.

1. Light brand animation without the light part. He puts his sword up, then down, then the battle continues. The enemy doesn't fade from the screen during the animation, only on the map.

Side effect: Eliwood's stats will now display Mag as his attacking stats, as opposed to Str.

2. Battle animation is automatically turned off, as there's no data for that. The game will freeze when its a certain point that the battle animation MUST be displayed, such as the Fire Dragon of Fe7, or the Demon King of Fe8.

3. Battle animation is turned off. Side effect applies, that Erk will now display Str. as his attacking stat.

4. Same as #1.

Hope I helped. ;)

Edited by Roxas

Yeah, thanks. But what if they use both magic and physical weapons? Will it display Str or Mag... or does it matter? I can imagine the game'll be a little messed up, at least in the information window for the character.

-Let's use Eliwood (unpromoted) as our first example. Say, you give him the ability to use anima magic, and he's using thunder. What would the animation be. Would he just stand there while the lightning hits the enemy, or would he stab the guy and stay there while the thunder animation occurs? Or would there be no thunder at all, and he just stabs the dude and damage is done?

Map animation. You don't get to see anything. Now, Roxas would be right, except that's if he uses a sword after being given Anima abilities. You were talking about using Anima with Anima abilities, which indeed would be "map animation".

-If he uses an axe, it wouldn't change at all, right? It would just be stabbity stab like Eliwood does, right? And an archer would just shoot from a close range if you gave him the ability to use a sword?

Nope. Map animation.

-Now, let's switch to magic. If you gave Erk the ability to use lances, would he just do the animation he normally does, but the enemy gets hit by an invisible object? That seems likely. Same with Canas; would he charge up, and then the enemy gets hurt by nothing?

Guess again. Map animation.

-One more, then I'm done. If you, say, hacked Eliwood's Rapier so it has 1-2 range, what would happen if he attacked from range? I can't even think of what would happen. Maybe Light Brand animation (without the light part, so it looks like the enemy is once again being hit by air)?

Correct. Ranged animation without the spell. Raises his sword, then lowers it; no damage is visibly dealt but it will be incurred post-battle (though actually, all damage is calculated before the animations are even played in all cases anyway; I mean you won't see the effect until after the battle).

Thanks.

No problem.

tl;dr: Try it yourself. Any question you can answer on your own should be.

Edit: Know about the Stone glitch in FE 8? Just think of what happens when you give Eirika an A in dark magic. That right there would have answered all your questions.

Edited by Xeld

Yeah, thanks. But what if they use both magic and physical weapons? Will it display Str or Mag... or does it matter? I can imagine the game'll be a little messed up, at least in the information window for the character.

Who uses magic and physical weapons in the gba fe games? XD