• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Furetchen, you reasoning for the Slim Sword struck me as hypocritical, to say the least. You complain about Iron Swords only having 5 Mt, yet you're defending an even weaker weapon? Why is that?

Furetchen, you reasoning for the Slim Sword struck me as hypocritical, to say the least. You complain about Iron Swords only having 5 Mt, yet you're defending an even weaker weapon? Why is that?

I'm not denying both are shit. The exception was that the Slim Sword had a fleeting moment of superiority. In other games, they're comparable with occasional moments of SSword superiority (crits). Basically if both or neither ORKO Slim is better, but there are times in which you need Iron. Thus, benefit to Iron IMO...HOWEVER, both are shit.

I'm not denying both are shit. The exception was that the Slim Sword had a fleeting moment of superiority. In other games, they're comparable with occasional moments of SSword superiority (crits). Basically if both or neither ORKO Slim is better, but there are times in which you need Iron. Thus, benefit to Iron IMO...HOWEVER, both are shit.

OK, but as I see it, I'm not seeing 5 extra crit as worth wielding a weapon with 3 Mt and the same durability as a steel weapon. Also, I'm not seeing how Slim is better than Iron in instances where I'm not one-rounding regardless, because in that case, I'd take Iron's extra Mt. Plus, Slim Swords are even more expensive than Iron Swords. At any rate, I mainly use Iron weapons in the GBA FEs unless the unit in question can use Steel without losing much AS, ESPECIALLY in the case of lances (most axe users have high Con, so they wouldn't be fazed much by the Steel Axe's weight). Though hit becomes a concern, ESPECIALLY with Dart and Gonzales...

Edited by Ein Lanford

OK, but as I see it, I'm not seeing 5 extra crit as worth wielding a weapon with 3 Mt and the same durability as a steel weapon. Also, I'm not seeing how Slim is better than Iron in instances where I'm not one-rounding regardless, because in that case, I'd take Iron's extra Mt.

Crits.

Plus, Slim Swords are even more expensive than Iron Swords.

Meh.

At any rate, I mainly use Iron weapons in the GBA FEs unless the unit in question can use Steel without losing much AS, ESPECIALLY in the case of lances (most axe users have high Con, so they wouldn't be fazed much by the Steel Axe's weight). Though hit becomes a concern, ESPECIALLY with Dart and Gonzales...

Because you get more Irons. As do I. Steel Swords beat the living hell out of both.

Crits.

Because you get more Irons. As do I. Steel Swords beat the living hell out of both.

Are unreliable unless you can boost it to be really high.

Indeed, Steel Swords are better. After all, I didn't vote steel swords for best for nothing (They have good power without being too heavy).

...So? If you wanted reliability you'd get something better than Slim/Iron. Five percent is higher than nothing.

Indeed, Steel Swords are better. After all, I didn't vote steel swords for best for nothing (They have good power without being too heavy).

Steel Swords in FE7 (and I believe 8) have the exact same stats as Iron Axes.

Okay, this is my position. It has always been my position, and will remain my position. Iron Swords have always been shit. Slim Swords were awesome in ONE game. ONE GAME IS MORE THAN NO GAMES.

They're like axes. Except they actually do suck before FE9.

Furet, which chapter is Birds of a Feather again?

12. It's easy, unless only Dorcas, Marcus and Hector can fight, and Matthew has to stay alive, and it's a rout chapter, with pegasus knights that like to eat your noncombatants, and Hector hasn't gained any more HP.

12. It's easy, unless only Dorcas, Marcus and Hector can fight, and Matthew has to stay alive, and it's a rout chapter, with pegasus knights that like to eat your noncombatants, and Hector hasn't gained any more HP.

Then let your noncombatants die; Rebecca is best used as deathbait. Then Dorcas can smack the pegs with his axe.

I get Oswin, Serra and Eliwood for this chapter as well, so yay~

Then let your noncombatants die; Rebecca is best used as deathbait. Then Dorcas can smack the pegs with his axe.

Amazingly, I've thought of that. Amazingly, it ain't that easy. Dorcas doesn't one-shot, and has to not bite off more than he can chew; that said, I think there's a way I can get rid of THAT FUCKING ARCHER who pisses me off.

Goddamn you, my next characters are Priscilla and Kent, then everyone else floods in at midgame.

Edited by Yossarian

Furetchen, 52 was the HP cap in FE1 and FE3. (And maybe FE2... Though you knew it was 52 in FE3.) Also, I found killer weapons as a whole disappointing in RD.

I'm back, resume your scheduled inactivity just while I'm here. I'll be gone in a while and then the interesting stuff can happen.

Hi Amelia!

How much would people miss me if I didn't post for about a week. School camp starts tomorrow (Sunday... wtf?) and lasts about a week, so how many people would actually notice my inactivity?