• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Yup. But in my case, I don't use Isaac's party so I have no problems with using the items.

And yeah, you'll need to visit Taopo Swamp. When to visit is another question though, since it takes way too long to go from the northern or western part of the continent to Yallam. My advice would be to do it after Aqua Rock, while you're heading to Tundaria. You can wait till after Ankohl Ruins so that you can forge the Sylph Feathers on your first visit, but then you can't have a Ninja against the Serpent.

Considering that the strongest spell that the Pierrot class series learns is a Mercury spell, Piers would be the best one to use it. Also, you said that you're not using Isaac's party except against Dullahan. Another concern I have about that is the Doom Dragon; having one party member weakened considerably sucks hardcore.

Aqua Rock has a Mercury Djinni MercuryDjinniGif.gif; Tundaria has a Jupiter Djinni JupiterDjinniGif.gif out in the overworld; then there's the Mars Djinni MarsDjinniGif.gif within Tundaria Tower. Also, the Urchin monster line fails to pose any significant threat relative to the other monsters in the areas where you can find them.

Edited by Ein Lanford

-Phoenix down's thread-

I may have to do this everyday.

I've actually been waiting for you. :P

Here's Reyes' backstory:

Reyes is from a country on another continent famous for its style of swordplay. All of nobility were expected to learn of it, no matter where they were on the totem pole. Speaking of said totem pole, Reyes believed himself to be at the very bottom as he was the youngest of five brothers. His eldest brother was already wed, with a son of his own so Reyes was pretty far down the succession line, making him feel rather useless. As a young boy, a storyteller would often come by the castle and tell him fantastic stories of the heroes of the past and the evil villains they had overcome, which Reyes loved. Perhaps a little too much, as he grew older he started taking his swordsmanship more seriously, wanting to be better than those fictional/historical heroes he loved hearing about, his ultimate goal being to become the best swordsman in the entire country. He eventually, started sneaking out of the castle, bypassing his retainers so he could seek adventure and get to know the commoners more closely. During these encounters, he met a farm-boy and girl named Isaac and River with whom he became best friends with. Ultimately, he would get caught and brought back to the castle by palace guards and chastised bitterly by his parents for his irresponsibility and his attitude not befitting of his House.

After years of this and neglect, Reyes decided to run away and seek adventure on his own. He felt he didn't belong with the bluebloods so he set out to live life as a mercenary in another land, unsure if he'd ever come back. The only people he told where he was going was River and her brother. River in particular was upset, so he promised he'd return one day for her, hoping to himself he could keep that promise. Finally, with nothing but a map, food, and his blade, he snuck on a trading vessel that was headed to [Continent]. Maybe things would be a bit more interesting there...

Still need to flesh it out some, but I figured I'd just put up what I have for now so we can see how we can make Rey and Lumi's backstory's fit together.

Also I buffed Reyes stats a bit. Still has lolRes and lolLuck, but everything else should be decent. >_O What's a good chapter for him to join?

Edited by El Rey León

Furet actually went into Noctian's thread back when I had his original 15+6+11*3 stat distributions for him rather than Karel's distributions and told me to buff him (or lower level to 8 rather than 12 while keeping the stats), because it was too low.

And about the supports...

Probably during his earlier years, he was usually taken to the royal palace by his father, and he and Lumi fought... a lot. Or something like that.

What level is he?

That works.

LV8. He should probably be the first prepromo that joins.

What's Lumi's personality? She's obvious she's got a little Lakche in her, but anything else?

Reyes is a mix of Wil's friendliness, Hector's hot-bloodedness, and Mia/Guy's sword-obsession...ness.

Morning Amelia~

ALS, it's the ReyesxNoctian supports that ERL wrote. They were awesome.

No one wants to support trapbard ;___;

Lumi is Lakche and Ayra's temper combined and "I don't give a shit if I'm a girl I'm still going to pwn your ass", takes swordsmanship rather seriously, quite informal for a princess, and may even curse even though she speaks politely (but not nobletalk) most of the time, and loves traveling around. Also a romantic at heart.

Got it. The supports should be..interesting to write. ^_^

I'll go post ReyesXNoctian's support convo at FEM and hopefully Astra will deem it worthy. :P

@:I wasn't serious Amely. We all know you push me around, not the other way around. :P

Edited by El Rey León

He'll buff/nerf people

Inasmuch as I pioneered the 'use other dudes bases for prepromotes' with Furetchen before it even became legal, and nerfed Kolbane personally (this time basing him on Oujay). Seriously, Kolb originally had 9 Str, 8 Skl and 13 Spd. And 7 Def. At LEVEL TWO. USING THE SYSTEM.

Really, the only characters I think need buffing are Tailto and Enjolras.

Considering that the strongest spell that the Pierrot class series learns is a Mercury spell, Piers would be the best one to use it. Also, you said that you're not using Isaac's party except against Dullahan. Another concern I have about that is the Doom Dragon; having one party member weakened considerably sucks hardcore.

True, but Frost Card is THE only Mercury Psynergy, aside from Avoid, that the Pierrot series learns. So, until Lv 46, Piers doesn't get to abuse his high Mercury base power. The Pierrot class generally seems to be focused on Mars though, with the Juggle series, Flame Card, and Fire Breath with no more than two attacking Psynergy for any of the other elements.

Aqua Rock has a Mercury Djinni MercuryDjinniGif.gif; Tundaria has a Jupiter Djinni JupiterDjinniGif.gif out in the overworld; then there's the Mars Djinni MarsDjinniGif.gif within Tundaria Tower. Also, the Urchin monster line fails to pose any significant threat relative to the other monsters in the areas where you can find them.

The Mars Djinn there, Reflux, was in a pretty interesting ice puzzle. And yeah, Urchins are weak, even in Hard Mode. You probably already remember that you'll have to end up visiting either Izumo or Apoji Islands twice, because you need Sand for the Jupiter Djinn Haze, and you need Parch for the Ulysses Summon Tablet. I obviously picked going to Apoji first, since the Serpent scares me in Hard Mode.

Normally, I would agree. But this is a good idea! :D

You'd just have to import the Ewan animations, and the Mage Knight animations.

The latter, perhaps. Regardless, we have no slots.