That One Thread

Florete

Stop wanting to collect all the treasures. The Speedwing is the only important one. You gotta make sacrifices.

By that time Eirika should have a horse can can get Chest duty. It's in the locked room, first one in.

You might have to settle with a 4-turn clear, which is when the reinforcements comes in, but if you get Seth down there before they come in, you're good. Have the other three help him. Sadly, Super Pupil can't staff duty or you can make Ewan warp Eirika a bit to make chests faster. But that requires heavy-duty Barrier-spamming anyway.

@ Soul: How'd you get them down there so fast? 10 move Seth running at full move three---oh wait, you have more people. Actually seeing things better... NVM.

I played Sethsolo too many times.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Yep. Seth. Ten-move, 25 STR (Average+one Ring should do it), Audhulma in one hand, Javelins/Silvers in the other. Three turn clear C19 always. <3

The only treasure I want is Speedwing anyway, and if needed I'll send out Tethys and Duracell to get that. Or if Eirika is trained she can do it herself.

Indeed. Not even one second and he kills himself. The best way to sum up that video is "READY.... GO! FAILURE" :awesome:

Also, this is Bahamut.

bu_m_252.png

Not as badass or cool as the Bahamut in Final Fantasy, though.

You love giving the Boots to Seth... I often struggle with who should I give them to... Not just in FE8, but in FE in general.

Still pretty badasss.

I do. 10-move Seth does wonders. The other good candidates would be Duessel or a trained Flier in FE8, since Vanessa, Tana, and Cormag are all very good.

IDR who I gave it to in FE7. In FE6 Miledy gets boot'd. In FE4 Ayra pass it to Lakche, screw efficiency I want my 9-move swordgod dammit!

Seth monopolizes my boots, Shields, and Wings, except on my Jehanna run where he wasn't in play. Eirika got the one in there.

Otherwise Seth monopolizes the boots to do a three-turn clear of C18.

Though I suppose I can two turn it if I manage to position him exactly next to Riev and he Audhulma's him on enemy-phase...

Stop wanting to collect all the treasures. The Speedwing is the only important one. You gotta make sacrifices.

But I'm a treasure-collecting perfectionist! D: Did you know missing that Elysian Whip in C8 kept me up at night? And what about the Secret Shop??? You can tell I never do efficiency playthroughs >_>

I always give Boots to my Generals to make up for their low mov. Except in FE7. The Boots always go to Hector after promotion. Seriously, why is he the only lord of the three that doesn't gain mov upon promotion? BS.

Hector monopolizes all of my boots.

:awesome:

Because Eli and Lyn get extra Move when they promote.

And this makes me wanna shout "Ah, you suck, Elder Wyrm" when it hits Max mode.

bu_m_245.png

Somehow he reminds me of Leviathan.

But I'm a treasure-collecting perfectionist! D: Did you know missing that Elysian Whip in C8 kept me up at night? And what about the Secret Shop??? You can tell I never do efficiency playthroughs >_>

I always give Boots to my Generals to make up for their low mov. Except in FE7. The Boots always go to Hector after promotion. Seriously, why is he the only lord of the three that doesn't gain mov upon promotion? BS.

Yeah, but you have a team of five.

FIVE.

Good luck keeping some dude alive while not getting rushed by a million enemies. And the enemy thieves will probably get the treasure before you.

I don't mind taking forever on maps (my terrible record on C20, for example, when fliers/warp non applicable) but C19's one you just gotta rush when doing these kind of runs.

Hector's like a General anyway. Except cooler because he has an existent speed growth.

My powertrip run made me realize just how pathetic FE8 EM is. And to think I sucked at it when I started... :facepalm:

I mean seriously. I though FE8HM was easy. At least I needed to do a series of Seth rescue-drop convoy magic while dodging Purge and Bolting and a million enemies rushing at him on C16 at half-speed on his solorun, while he lolwaltzes through C16EM carrying Eirika like it's his front door. It's just so... looooooool. He probably could of had a dance with Eirika in the middle of the hallway, and enemies would just bounce off of him.

Yeah, there is literally no difference between FE8 NM and HM. At least I'm not seeing it.

OK, I'll rush C19. But all that treasure...

...maybe Seth and Eirika can hold them off near the south wall, the kids watch over the pontifex and Rennac and Cormag can drop by to get the treasures...?

FIVE.

Good luck keeping some dude alive while not getting rushed by a million enemies. And the enemy thieves will probably get the treasure before you.

I don't mind taking forever on maps (my terrible record on C20, for example, when fliers/warp non applicable) but C19's one you just gotta rush when doing these kind of runs.

Hector's like a General anyway. Except cooler because he has an existent speed growth.

My powertrip run made me realize just how pathetic FE8 EM is. And to think I sucked at it when I started... :facepalm:

I mean seriously. I though FE8HM was easy. At least I needed to do a series of Seth rescue-drop convoy magic while dodging Purge and Bolting and a million enemies rushing at him on C16 at half-speed on his solorun, while he lolwaltzes through C16EM carrying Eirika like it's his front door. It's just so... looooooool. He probably could of had a dance with Eirika in the middle of the hallway, and enemies would just bounce off of him.

You know, I found SD NM to be practically that. Just grab a random general with a few good stats and slap the fucker in the middle of the map with a Javelin or something.

Good to go.

That's Abel's job in SD NM. Feed him a couple of DEF roids, slap him with 3 Javelins and two vulneraries, and he's good to go.

Well, that and Lena. Starlightin' Gharnef while getting tink'd on H5 is quite a feat.

@ERL: C16 is annoying when you have base Eirika--but you don't. Ewan, though..., and C18 Gorgons are o_______o but it's not too different.

Good luck having base Rennac/Cormag not attack shit and survive. There's lots of enemies down at both ends. Just take the wings and be done with it. I'd actually deploy Tethys+Duessel and any spare keys you may have if you do. Chest Keys are buyable anyway. I think Door Keys might be at that point too.

FIVE.

Hmm... though Leviathan uses Tidal Wave to deal huge Water damage, this thing uses Gale Wing to give you the boot (in other words, blow you away and make you mad because getting blown away can be a colossal waste of time).

Also, do supports stay in effect when one of the supporters is rescued? (e.g. Will Seth benefit from his Eirika support if he's carrying her?) Also, Savior would've been :awesome: in FE6. (Well, I think its :awesome: anyway, but that's beside the point.)

Dear Lumi,

I am doing a No-Seth FE8 runthrough. inb4ButFE8issodarneasy: Yes, but I will try to aim for the lowest turncouts. And it's going excellently :awesome: :

Prolgue - 2 turns

Chapter 1 - 6 turns

Chapter 2 - 6 turns

Chapter 3 - 6 turns

Chapter 4 - 5 turns

:newyears:

Pretty good, if I say so. :)

Seth rofltrivializes the game beyond belief, anyway.

Hmm... though Leviathan uses Tidal Wave to deal huge Water damage, this thing uses Gale Wing to give you the boot (in other words, blow you away and make you mad because getting blown away can be a colossal waste of time).

Also, do supports stay in effect when one of the supporters is rescued? (e.g. Will Seth benefit from his Eirika support if he's carrying her?) Also, Savior would've been :awesome: in FE6. (Well, I think its :awesome: anyway, but that's beside the point.)

Tidal Wave is fun to have Leviathan to release on enemies. :awesome:

I dunno. I'll have to check that. Lemme see---

nope. Seth has 43 ATK with Audhulma and A Eir. He grabs Eirika. Still 43 ATK. He should have 46.

Savior would be awesome. And Miledy would get EPIC GODDESS OF GODLINESS TIER.

Dear Lumi,

I am doing a No-Seth FE8 runthrough. inb4ButFE8issodarneasy: Yes, but I will try to aim for the lowest turncouts. And it's going excellently :awesome: :

Prolgue - 2 turns

Chapter 1 - 6 turns

Chapter 2 - 6 turns

Chapter 3 - 6 turns

Chapter 4 - 5 turns

:newyears:

ButFE8issodarneasy.

Boost difficulty with nightmare or something

Tidal Wave is fun to have Leviathan to release on enemies. :awesome:

I dunno. I'll have to check that. Lemme see---

nope. Seth has 43 ATK with Audhulma and A Eir. He grabs Eirika. Still 43 ATK. He should have 46.

Savior would be awesome. And Miledy would get EPIC GODDESS OF GODLINESS TIER.

Indeed. :awesome: Especially if the enemy is water weak.

I figured as much...

Indeed. No skill and speed penalties when rescuing is just that good. :awesome:

Also, I mentioned FE6 because that game has some pretty darn big maps, even if they aren't FE4 level big. (I'm looking at you, chapter 21)

Edited by Ein Lanford

Seth probably has Hezul, he just have red hair.

But FE8 is my wall-o-rape overkill game where I glorify Seth and have him kill everythingin sight. It's my game of fangirlism, just like FE4!

If I want to play something with actual difficulty I'll go play H5. Or Lunatic when FE12 comes out in the US.

I played FE12 on emulator, but it was laggy so Imma wait now.

Seth probably has Hezul, he just have red hair.

I played FE12 on emulator, but it was laggy so Imma wait now.

I have white hair and major fala. It can happen

OMG, I hate it when this happens