• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Actually, I haven't.

Oh, you're still in the Undine part?

Actually, enemy attacks are position dependent. The aforementioned archers, if in the front, attack the nearest character. Monkeys, birds, etc. attack the farthest character if they're in the back. And then there's Harpies and ghosts, who go after whoever has the lowest HP when they're in back. The only enemies that attack the front line even when they're in the back are knights, skeletons, golems, dragons, wyverns and demi-humans, IIRC. And the only things that even get me close to dying are bosses' Max moves (mainly Archangel and Sage - I blame Ein's sucky MGC).

Wait, archers hit the nearest targets? I thought they hit people in the back sorry. Sorry about that, I must have mixed up archers with Lina. Anyhow, I find the Ein front, Fia+Cierra back formation the best for some reason and I never had trouble with it. I do agree though, that those bosses' overskills hit really hard. Nightmare Waltz is a very fitting name.

Indeed.

I'm actually seriously considering using that quote in my sig.

Speaking of which, I posted another display of criminal stupidity not too long ago. And the aforementioned gun store robbery was on 1,000 Ways to Die (incidentally, one episode showed how Harry Houdini died).

lol. These guys come with all levels of intelligence.

And Hector's Ice form sucks gigantic portions of ass. I know that I said it earlier, but still... *sigh*

Isn't it Lightning weak? Not saying you should use Lina but you can carry a Diana's Bow with you. If you annoy him too much with Lightning attacks, he'll eventually change to his Lightning form, which is perfect for Calamity Flare.

They are...less than fluent in English. It's hard to translate events from, like, the Silmarrilion.

Unless you were talking about the ARghfuckcaloids.

Yes, we were talking about those. 8[

Oh, you're still in the Undine part?

Wait, archers hit the nearest targets? I thought they hit people in the back sorry. Sorry about that, I must have mixed up archers with Lina. Anyhow, I find the Ein front, Fia+Cierra back formation the best for some reason and I never had trouble with it. I do agree though, that those bosses' overskills hit really hard. Nightmare Waltz is a very fitting name.

I'm actually seriously considering using that quote in my sig.

lol. These guys come with all levels of intelligence.

Isn't it Lightning weak? Not saying you should use Lina but you can carry a Diana's Bow with you. If you annoy him too much with Lightning attacks, he'll eventually change to his Lightning form, which is perfect for Calamity Flare.

Nope; Still haven't gotten the chance to play it.

It's dependent on whether the enemies are in the front or the back. e.g. Plants use a Tentacle Attack for their Normal Attack and Triple Whip in Rage mode when in the front, but in the back, they use pollen. And that formation you named is my main game plan as well. Also, whoever takes the full brunt of Fallen Crest is a dead duck, most likely. And indeed Nightmare Waltz is a fitting name. Also, I tend to keep the enemy skill window on so I can see just how much trouble I'm in when the enemies hit Max mode (and for other reasons, too). Also, I like the way this sounds: "Burn in the flames of judgment! Rosen Kreuz!" And I usually see "OVER" when Archangel's about to pound me with Angelic Thunder, and "OVER" means huge trouble.

:awesome:

Incidentally, I think that moves with the MOT-VIT property ignore the enemy's VIT stat. Case in point: Serene does all of 16 points of damage to Ledah after he awakens with the Blue Stinger. Fia does 162 damage with it. (Both used normal attacks, btw)

Heh... And I get this: Cop: "Start with the letter C and end with the letter Q" Driver: "D, E, F, B, C, E, F, G" Me: *laughs to the tune of "wah, wah, wah, wahhh"*

Once, I pounded the crap out of him with Diana's Bow, but he didn't even change at all. And it's probably my luck, but the one form I see most if he uses Element Transition is his Dark form. The one time I saw his Fire form was when I had Cierra in the battling party. Thunder... Still a no-show. *sigh*

Edited by Ein Lanford

When you put epic Tolkien stories to epic music you're forgiven for your occasional "this is not my native language" moments. This applies to Blind Guardian, Summoning, Avathar, Orkrist, anyone else I'm forgetting.

In other news, THE CURSE OF FEANOR RUNS LONG.

Edit: To clarify, I'm agreeing with you, I think.

Curse was the first Blind Guardian song I listened to~

Nope; Still haven't gotten the chance to play it.

Ah, okay. You should probably give it a try. It's the prequel to Riviera and it's similar to Fire Emblem in a way.

It's dependent on whether the enemies are in the front or the back. e.g. Plants use a Tentacle Attack for their Normal Attack and Triple Whip in Rage mode when in the front, but in the back, they use pollen. And that formation you named is my main game plan as well. Also, whoever takes the full brunt of Fallen Crest is a dead duck, most likely. And indeed Nightmare Waltz is a fitting name. Also, I tend to keep the enemy skill window on so I can see just how much trouble I'm in when the enemies hit Max mode (and for other reasons, too). Also, I like the way this sounds: "Burn in the flames of judgment! Rosen Kreuz!" And I usually see "OVER" when Archangel's about to pound me with Angelic Thunder, and "OVER" means huge trouble.

Oh, I remember the pollen. It puts you to sleep, right? Or some other status effect? I ALWAYS keep an eye on the Skill window and in some cases (bosses, wyrms, bomb guys, etc), I force myself to hold back to prevent the meter from maxing out. Also, wasn't it called "Rose Kreuz"? Anyhow, I like that voice bit as well. And Malice's "Feel the weight of your sins! TRIE NOIR!" Archangel's OVER is really powerful and all but she's so easy that she doesn't get too many opportunities to use it. She dies too fast to Barrage.

Incidentally, I think that moves with the MOT-VIT property ignore the enemy's VIT stat. Case in point: Serene does all of 16 points of damage to Ledah after he awakens with the Blue Stinger. Fia does 162 damage with it. (Both used normal attacks, btw)

16 points, wat?

Fia - 77 base damage, 3 hits with 09:NON-VIT (Ignore enemy properties)

Serene - 96 base damage, 3 hits

Now 16 points of damage is too low and I'm guessing you made a mistake there. But when Serene obviously has the superior STR stat and her attack has higher base damage, it's safe to assume that Fia DID negate Vitality when she did more damage. The whole description of 09:NON-VIT was "Ignore enemy properties". Which means it either ignores VIT or it ignores both VIT and STR. With a code like "NON-VIT", I'd say it's the former. Either way, it's further evidence of how awesome Fia is.

Heh... And I get this: Cop: "Start with the letter C and end with the letter Q" Driver: "D, E, F, B, C, E, F, G" Me: *laughs to the tune of "wah, wah, wah, wahhh"*

lol, win.

Once, I pounded the crap out of him with Diana's Bow, but he didn't even change at all. And it's probably my luck, but the one form I see most if he uses Element Transition is his Dark form. The one time I saw his Fire form was when I had Cierra in the battling party. Thunder... Still a no-show. *sigh*

Well, he switched to fire after you hit him with Fire attacks, at least. And it's funny, because the Dark form is the one form that I myself have never seen in any of my five playthroughs. You must have used SOMETHING to trigger that. Anyhow, if he doesn't change to Lightning form, then it's good, because you can keep owning him with Diana's Bow. Ice form, Stardust. Fire form, Serene Absolute. Lightning form, CALAMITY FLARE!!! Dark form, idklol, but if he's weak to Dark, then it's gonna be Cadenza time!

Edited by Proto

Ah, okay. You should probably give it a try. It's the prequel to Riviera and it's similar to Fire Emblem in a way.

Ok.

Oh, I remember the pollen. It puts you to sleep, right? Or some other status effect? I ALWAYS keep an eye on the Skill window and in some cases (bosses, wyrms, bomb guys, etc), I force myself to hold back to prevent the meter from maxing out. Also, wasn't it called "Rose Kreuz"? Anyhow, I like that voice bit as well. And Malice's "Feel the weight of your sins! TRIE NOIR!" Archangel's OVER is really powerful and all but she's so easy that she doesn't get too many opportunities to use it. She dies too fast to Barrage.

Yeah. And in the case of the Quetzalcoatl, somebody must've screwed up... It shows Stormbringer as hitting 4 times but it only hits once. And as for Ledah's Max Attack after awakening, it was called Rose Kreuz in the GBA version. Also, I still think Sir Guardsalot is the second hardest boss to S rank.

16 points, wat?

Fia - 77 base damage, 3 hits with 09:NON-VIT (Ignore enemy properties)

Serene - 96 base damage, 3 hits

Now 16 points of damage is too low and I'm guessing you made a mistake there. But when Serene obviously has the superior STR stat and her attack has higher base damage, it's safe to assume that Fia DID negate Vitality when she did more damage. The whole description of 09:NON-VIT was "Ignore enemy properties". Which means it either ignores VIT or it ignores both VIT and STR. With a code like "NON-VIT", I'd say it's the former. Either way, it's further evidence of how awesome Fia is.

True, Serene has much higher Str than Fia. But Serene missed one of the hits, and even if that would've hit, that'd only have been an extra 8 or 9 damage - not really a big difference. Also, the Kiku Ichimonji has that property as well as Revenge. :awesome:

lol, win.

And there's the guy who tried to drive his truck across the river. I lol'd. Hard. And Russians really get it bad on "The World's Dumbest..."

Well, he switched to fire after you hit him with Fire attacks, at least. And it's funny, because the Dark form is the one form that I myself have never seen in any of my five playthroughs. You must have used SOMETHING to trigger that. Anyhow, if he doesn't change to Lightning form, then it's good, because you can keep owning him with Diana's Bow. Ice form, Stardust. Fire form, Serene Absolute. Lightning form, CALAMITY FLARE!!! Dark form, idklol, but if he's weak to Dark, then it's gonna be Cadenza time!

Yeah, I dunno what's up with my luck as opposed to yours. He almost always goes Dark if he changes properties for me, and yet in your case, he hasn't done so at all.

Yeah. And in the case of the Quetzalcoatl, somebody must've screwed up... It shows Stormbringer as hitting 4 times but it only hits once. And as for Ledah's Max Attack after awakening, it was called Rose Kreuz in the GBA version. Also, I still think Sir Guardsalot is the second hardest boss to S rank.

lol, I never pay so much attention to number of hits on an enemy's attacks. And yeah, it WAS called Rose Kreuz in GBA so I guess PSP changed that, sorry. I don't know why I didn't have much trouble with Isher though, but in later playthroughs I didn't care much about S-ranking him since I found Excalibur to be absolutely worthless.

True, Serene has much higher Str than Fia. But Serene missed one of the hits, and even if that would've hit, that'd only have been an extra 8 or 9 damage - not really a big difference. Also, the Kiku Ichimonji has that property as well as Revenge. :awesome:

Okay, if you seriously meant 16, then yes, Touche definitely negates VIT. And maybe even STR too! And Kiku-Ichimonji is my favorite weapon of the entire game. OBORU-GARASU!!!

And there's the guy who tried to drive his truck across the river. I lol'd. Hard. And Russians really get it bad on "The World's Dumbest..."

Wow, seriously? How much dumber can they get?

Yeah, I dunno what's up with my luck as opposed to yours. He almost always goes Dark if he changes properties for me, and yet in your case, he hasn't done so at all.

I have never even SEEN his Dark form. Actually, you know what, maybe his Dark form was added to the PSP version! And since I only played the GBA version, I see him cycling through Fire/Ice/Lightning instead.

HELLO THREAD~

AND HELL YESH I DID WELL ON MY CHEMISTRY TEST TODAY~

HI AMELIA!

AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR CHEMISTRY TEST!!!

*gives milk*

You deserve it so enjoy!

lol, I never pay so much attention to number of hits on an enemy's attacks. And yeah, it WAS called Rose Kreuz in GBA so I guess PSP changed that, sorry. I don't know why I didn't have much trouble with Isher though, but in later playthroughs I didn't care much about S-ranking him since I found Excalibur to be absolutely worthless.

Okay, if you seriously meant 16, then yes, Touche definitely negates VIT. And maybe even STR too! And Kiku-Ichimonji is my favorite weapon of the entire game. OBORU-GARASU!!!

Wow, seriously? How much dumber can they get?

I have never even SEEN his Dark form. Actually, you know what, maybe his Dark form was added to the PSP version! And since I only played the GBA version, I see him cycling through Fire/Ice/Lightning instead.

Hmmm... And likewise, Trie (Noir) was also changed.

How about this:

A cop calls 911 after eating pot brownies.

Well, that may be one way to look at it.