• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Today for your enjoyment I present two pieces of some of my favorite melodic death metal. (ERL, what this means to you is that you will not enjoy them due to the vocals, but if they were instrumentals you could probably kick back and have a good time.) I foresee at least Luminescent Blade appreciating them however, and she may even already be familiar with Bloodstain Child, if not also with Die Apokalyptischen Reiter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMQMDtSXjVE

Edited by Balcerzak

Nope. Not with the fact that it's not as effective against whatever she can't kill before it attacks her as well as ranged fighters, and the fact that the Sonic Sword and Runesword are the only ranged swords doesn't help... that is, other than the fact that they can do a lot of good for Mist. At the least, that's more than can be said for the Flame Lance and Bolt Axe - I can't think of a one character who can use the Bolt Axe effectively. At all.

Ranged fighters have always been a problem with weapon-based Ambush/Vantage users. But with a Killing Edge, her Crit exceeds 100% so I doubt anyone would fall in the first category. Mist and Elincia really love those magic weapons though. And I gave Oscar two Magic Rings (both Ilyana and Soren capped it already) so he had ~16 Mag, enough for Flame Lance to be in his inventory.

Bolt Axe seems pure rubbish though.

Also, I finished FE9 already! Endgame was pretty sad...

Most people play FE8 on an emulator.

I still own the cart. Even before I started exclusively playing the ROM, FE8 was easy. My sister, who is fond of raegquitting, was able to stomp through the entire thing without a single unit loss (she tends to overuse Jeigans, but since Seth is...well, Seth, there were no penalties for that here).

I didn't even use save states in my latest Trainee run it was still closer to the easier side than hard side of the spectrum. And it was really only hard keeping them alive when they were Tier 1 trainees. Especially Ewan. Es. Pecially. Ewan.

I don't think save states helped me much in FE5 though. Still very hard.

How else do I play Jehanna during school hours (my lunch period) if I don't have it on a cart?

I wish saves just stayed on the goddamn rom instead of disappearing every time you change the rom name and switch to another computer. At least you can save externally on the SNES9x Mac emulator though. The VBA for macs suck.

Doesn't help that the school computers are windows and I can't load external saves from SNES9x Windows Edition. They need to make both versions the same.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

You should really try to get used to growls sometimes.

The instrumental on those songs are wonderful.

But it's DEATH metal. Death metal kills me. *dodges tomato*

The opening intro was nice so Bal was right that if they were instrumentals, I would have enjoyed them. But, well, I like singing. Growls just don't sound like singing to me.

But it's DEATH metal. Death metal kills me. *dodges tomato*

The opening intro was nice so Bal was right that if they were instrumentals, I would have enjoyed them. But, well, I like singing. Growls just don't sound like singing to me.

That's what I thought years ago, but I learned to enjoy them. It's more of an acquired taste.

And to go with my above video, here's the Scorpions original.

Very different feel, but both IMO are great.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Ranged fighters have always been a problem with weapon-based Ambush/Vantage users. But with a Killing Edge, her Crit exceeds 100% so I doubt anyone would fall in the first category. Mist and Elincia really love those magic weapons though. And I gave Oscar two Magic Rings (both Ilyana and Soren capped it already) so he had ~16 Mag, enough for Flame Lance to be in his inventory.

Bolt Axe seems pure rubbish though.

Also, I finished FE9 already! Endgame was pretty sad...

Armors, Wyverns and dragons (however, dragons terrorize just about everyone) definitely aren't going to fall to 1 critical hit unless they were injured beforehand (barring strength blessing on Mia's part)... And Mia's not exactly durable at half health. Also, unlike other FE games, Killing Edges aren't buyable in Path of Radiance.

Yeah, no axe user has enough MGC to use it effectively.

Edited by Ein Lanford