• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Of course, but I meant without cheating. With that trick, you can transfer anyone and it'll be worth it.

Well, the main reason behind my 2nd PoR run is to transfer stats (and see the HM boss). And with the stories I heard about RD HM, I'll have to be quite careful with who gets the stat bonuses.

True, but laguz caps are way too high.

Above 30, right? I'll have to check up on how close the averages are for Ulki later.

Above 30, right? I'll have to check up on how close the averages are for Ulki later.

Yeah.

Anyway, barring forced characters, who did you take to Endgame?

Yeah.

Anyway, barring forced characters, who did you take to Endgame?

If my memeory serves me correctly,

Mia

Haar

Marcia

Shinon

Bastian

Elincia

Volke

Reyson

Caineghis

Naesala

Tibarn

But it was Easy Mode so idk if it even matters

/Kingdra uses Rest

/Kingdra usees Chesto Berry

/opponent crits with EQ

/OHKO

/raegquit

Why on Weyard did you raegquit? There was probably some hax on your side waiting for later.

Why on Weyard did you raegquit? There was probably some hax on your side waiting for later.

I was unlucky as HELL in that match.

-Aero's Rock Slide missed twice

-Starmie missed a crucial Hydro Pump

-Heatran missed Fire Blast

-Magnezone got crithaxxed

-Scizor got crithaxxed

Kingdra and Starmie were my last 2 survivors, and Starmie was paralyzed.

I was unlucky as HELL in that match.

-Aero's Rock Slide missed twice

-Starmie missed a crucial Hydro Pump

-Heatran missed Fire Blast

-Magnezone got crithaxxed

-Scizor got crithaxxed

Kingdra and Starmie were my last 2 survivors, and Starmie was paralyzed.

That is why you should learn not to use moves with <100 Acc like Rock Slide, Hydro Pump, and Fire Blast. Rock Slide in particular is pretty inaccurate but Aero has no other options. As for Fire Blast, WHY ON WEYARD DID YOU NOT USE FLAMETHROWER INSTEAD??? And when you chose Hydro Pump over Surf for Starmie, then surely you must have been prepared for this moment so stop complaining about it!

Oh, yeah, and you should give a few Arceus Icons to Magnezone and Scizor.

Kingdra can sweep a team no probs

/shotshotshot

Depends both on who the enemies are and, even if they DO have the proper counters, it still depends on how they try to handle Kingdra.

Kingdra used Draco Meteor!

You can NOT sweep any team with Draco Meteor no way.

That is why you should learn not to use moves with <100 Acc like Rock Slide, Hydro Pump, and Fire Blast. Rock Slide in particular is pretty inaccurate but Aero has no other options. As for Fire Blast, WHY ON WEYARD DID YOU NOT USE FLAMETHROWER INSTEAD??? And when you chose Hydro Pump over Surf for Starmie, then surely you must have been prepared for this moment so stop complaining about it!

Unless you're running Gravity. But yeah, other than that, I'd generally stick with Surf/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower.

I suppose Arceus Icons negate critical hits or something?

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Unless you're running Gravity. But yeah, other than that, I'd generally stick with Surf/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower.

I totally agree with that. In fact, one of the main reasons I avoid using TYRANITAR is because he has no 100 Acc Rock STABs. And he's so slow that Rock Slide will never cause flinching. So I have to stick with this stupid Stone Edge (150 Base Power coming from 134 base Attack is a lot though, I'll admit that).

I suppose Arceus Icons negate critical hits or something?

No, it was a joke. In Fire Emblem, Goddess/Ashera Icons increase your Luck stat so the Pokemon equivalent would have been called Arceus Icons. There's nothing that negates crits in Pokemon AFAIK.

I totally agree with that. In fact, one of the main reasons I avoid using TYRANITAR is because he has no 100 Acc Rock STABs. And he's so slow that Rock Slide will never cause flinching. So I have to stick with this stupid Stone Edge (150 Base Power coming from 134 base Attack is a lot though, I'll admit that).

No, it was a joke. In Fire Emblem, Goddess/Ashera Icons increase your Luck stat so the Pokemon equivalent would have been called Arceus Icons. There's nothing that negates crits in Pokemon AFAIK.

Yeah. And PP is also something to consider, especially if you run into a Pressure Pokemon.

Heh... Well, I think there are abilities that prevent critical hits, but...

Yeah. And PP is also something to consider, especially if you run into a Pressure Pokemon.

Oh, yes, that too. But even then, it's rare to run out of PP unless the opponent was designed to stall for a long period of time, in which case, it would usually be capable of draining 15 PP moves as well.

Heh... Well, I think there are abilities that prevent critical hits, but...

Shell Armor iirc. And there is lolsturdy, which negates OHKO moves. As if anybody would even use 30 Acc moves (and unfortunately, those are the only moves that Gravity doesn't affect).

Oh, yes, that too. But even then, it's rare to run out of PP unless the opponent was designed to stall for a long period of time, in which case, it would usually be capable of draining 15 PP moves as well.

Shell Armor iirc. And there is lolsturdy, which negates OHKO moves. As if anybody would even use 30 Acc moves (and unfortunately, those are the only moves that Gravity doesn't affect).

Hmmm...

I also think Battle Armor prevents critical hits, but as with Shell Armor, I have reservations about the competitive viability of the Pokemon with those abilities.

Also, Radiant Dawn has to be the one Fire Emblem game where raising weapon rank isn't a headache. Unless you're a laguz, that is...

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Depends both on who the enemies are and, even if they DO have the proper counters, it still depends on how they try to handle Kingdra.

You can NOT sweep any team with Draco Meteor no way.

I like my power on Heatran. I like my power on LO Starmie.

/slaps

My Kingdra usually gets killed by crits either the turn before it rests or the turn which it rests. >_>

Level 100 Kingdra with Choice Specs against a LC team?

I avoid using Tyranitar because he's slow as fuck and sandstorm does not go well with my team.

Hmmm...

I also think Battle Armor prevents critical hits, but as with Shell Armor, I have reservations about the competitive viability of the Pokemon with those abilities.

None of them are in the Standard Tier (which is the normal tier with only the overpowered and centralizing Pokemon banned) so yeah, you're right about that to some extent. Some are still VIABLE, like Drapion, but there are usually better options. I would say Kabutops is viable as well, but only if he has Swift Swim instead of Battle Armor, which nullifies the whole logic.

Also, Radiant Dawn has to be the one Fire Emblem game where raising weapon rank isn't a headache.

YES!!! Especially after PoR where it takes ages for someone's rank to reach S. My 20/20 Astrid never even reached B, let alone A or S. And my Ilyana, who does NOT have Paragon (which is the main reason why I benched Astrid so much), only managed a B at Lv 20/20.

FE4 and FE2 don't even have weapon ranks at all though. And in FE3, weapon rank was a stat so it varied from character to character (Kashim was the only one AFAIK who had problems though). And I think in GBA it depends on the weapon being used, so you can bring your rank up if you really want to.

I like my power on Heatran. I like my power on LO Starmie.

Let's look at Hydro Pump's average power then.

Average Power = (120 x 80%) + (0 x 20%) = 96

Okay, fine, you win, but still, the few moments where it misses could cost you the entire battle. Which might be a tournament final.

/slaps

Too weak to shove, eh?

My Kingdra usually gets killed by crits either the turn before it rests or the turn which it rests. >_>

Crits, Taunt, Trick, pHazing (Roar/Whirlwind) and bad planning/predicting on my part are all that my Kingdra falls to.

Level 100 Kingdra with Choice Specs against a LC team?

Locked into Hydro Pump/Surf while the opponent brings out a baby with Water Absorb.

I avoid using Tyranitar because he's slow as fuck and sandstorm does not go well with my team.

Have you ever faced Zapdos?

Edited by Proto