• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

I just saw proto's answer (the correct one), and I have to say

damn Proto, you're smart.

Smart? I had to waste an entire page just on that and it took me way too long. And the answer I showed there only explained why the answer is correct. I don't think I ever mentioned how I ARRIVED to that answer in the first place. You see, after testing loads of even numbers, I came to the conclusion that every even number can be the sum of two prime numbers. And since 2 is the only even number, the only way to find out if an odd number can be the sum of two prime numbers is by subtracting it by 2.

This really helped me narrow down the possible values for the sum which Sue received. Only odd numbers which are equal to 2+a composite number can be possible values for the sum of the two integers. I put them in a list and wrote down every single possible pair of integers whose sum would equal to them. Then I started eliminating the ones that Rod wouldn't have been able to figure out from his starting product. After narrowing them down, the final answer became really really obvious (based on Sue's final statement).

Isn't Proto a math Major?

I don't remembeeeer

Engineering, actually, but I still focus on Maths. So much that one of my tutors told me that I'm spending too much time with numbers when some of those stuff have no relevance to engineering. I could always change to Maths but I'm sure Engineering has better prospects.

Enginneering.

Is that what my false double told you?

...I got lazy.

Read my response to Lux's post. That should help a lot. Seriously, it doesn't require any complex calculations or anything. It's very simple.

Edited by Proto

It's very simple.

Smart? I had to waste an entire page just on that and it took me way too long. And the answer I showed there only explained why the answer is correct. I don't think I ever mentioned how I ARRIVED to that answer in the first place. You see, after testing loads of even numbers, I came to the conclusion that every even number can be the sum of two prime numbers. And since 2 is the only even number, the only way to find out if an odd number can be the sum of two prime numbers is by subtracting it by 2.

This really helped me narrow down the possible values for the sum which Sue received. Only odd numbers which are equal to 2+a composite number can be possible values for the sum of the two integers. I put them in a list and wrote down every single possible pair of integers whose sum would equal to them. Then I started eliminating the ones that Rod wouldn't have been able to figure out from his starting product. Cheesecake cheesecake integerial forburdencies with Rayquaza's left testes in a slow marinade

I rebutt.

*COUGH*MISSING THE POINT*COUGH*

That was to illustrate how little of that actually penetrated.

Well, hey, you don't HAVE to use my method. When I said simple, I mean that the entire thing could be done with only some addition, multiplication, and division. No formulas or any complicated operations. Even YOU might be able to do it.

Well, hey, you don't HAVE to use my method. When I said simple, I mean that the entire thing could be done with only some addition, multiplication, and division. No formulas or any complicated operations. Even YOU might be able to do it.

I'd rather not waste my life doing things I neither enjoy nor find practical. And do try to mask your contempt for my choice of discipline, it's really not becoming of you.

I'd rather not waste my life doing things I neither enjoy nor find practical. And do try to mask your contempt for my choice of discipline, it's really not becoming of you.

Well, it's your life...