That One Thread

Florete

:sweatdrop:

That makes it sound as if he's a royal pain (which he IS). And I suppose I'll have to defeat him to get his card...

Hmm...

He's REALLY persistent. Milanor even makes a joke about that once (which Yggdra didn't get, obviously). And yeah, you'll get billions of opportunities to kill him to get his card (the final one was compulsory iirc). And whenever you kill an enemy leader, they give you their card. The only exceptions are the four super-overpowered enemyboss-only cards.

I guess by "impressed" you mean "laughing at how pathetically weak the attacks were".

Let's not forget that Soul Dew Latias has THE highest Special Defense in the game. Yes, higher than Blissey.

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

He's REALLY persistent. Milanor even makes a joke about that once (which Yggdra didn't get, obviously). And yeah, you'll get billions of opportunities to kill him to get his card (the final one was compulsory iirc). And whenever you kill an enemy leader, they give you their card. The only exceptions are the four super-overpowered enemyboss-only cards.

Let's not forget that Soul Dew Latias has THE highest Special Defense in the game. Yes, higher than Blissey.

Yeah... Though I have to DEFEAT him - forcing him to turn tail and flee won't do, I suppose. Because if his Morale drops low enough without being defeated, he pulls a Screw This, I'm Outta Here.

I can see why Soul Dew is banned in competitive play.

Yeah... Though I have to DEFEAT him - forcing him to turn tail and flee won't do, I suppose. Because if his Morale drops low enough without being defeated, he pulls a Screw This, I'm Outta Here.

Yeah, I remember that. But like I said, the final encounted requires you to kill him if my memory serves me correctly. Unless you really want that Thunderbolt early.

I can see why Soul Dew is banned in competitive play.

Yup, it boosts both Special Attack and Special Defense by 1.5. Choice Specs (which is used even by UBERS) multiplies Special Attack by the same amount but locks you into using only ONE move. Latias, on the other hand, can use Calm Mind and can change attacks.

Also, Soul Dew is even better than a single Calm Mind. Because after one Calm Mind, the second Calm Mind raises your SpA and SpD to 2x the normal values. With Soul Dew, your first Calm Mind would be (1.5x1.5)=2.25x the original values. How much better can this get?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- what pokemon? owo

Your fried/grilled/roasted chicken.

257.png

It now has an Ability Speed Boost, which increases its Speed at the end of every turn. He'll outspeed EVERYTHING, including Scarfers, in a few turns. And he has his own priority move to outspeed other priority users.

Yeah, I remember that. But like I said, the final encounted requires you to kill him if my memory serves me correctly. Unless you really want that Thunderbolt early.

Yup, it boosts both Special Attack and Special Defense by 1.5. Choice Specs (which is used even by UBERS) multiplies Special Attack by the same amount but locks you into using only ONE move. Latias, on the other hand, can use Calm Mind and can change attacks.

Also, Soul Dew is even better than a single Calm Mind. Because after one Calm Mind, the second Calm Mind raises your SpA and SpD to 2x the normal values. With Soul Dew, your first Calm Mind would be (1.5x1.5)=2.25x the original values. How much better can this get?

Okay...

The only thing I can think of that could be even nastier is a Thick Club Swords Dance Marowak. Quadruple Attack after one Swords Dance = Uh-oh...

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Purugly. I just know it.

BAD FURETCHEN

Okay...

The only thing I can think of that could be even nastier is a Thick Club Swords Dance Marowak.

Nah, Marowak doesn't have such a huge base Attack in the first place. And it's very slow. In fact, that combination, despite being perfectly legit, is classified under "NEVER USED". AND it has horrible HP and Special Defense so there is very little chance that it'll survive on the turn it Swords Dances. Did I mention that it's very slow?

Nah, Marowak doesn't have such a huge base Attack in the first place. And it's very slow. In fact, that combination, despite being perfectly legit, is classified under "NEVER USED". AND it has horrible HP and Special Defense so there is very little chance that it'll survive on the turn it Swords Dances. Did I mention that it's very slow?

Never mind that, then...

Never mind that, then...

I'm actually considering it though. If he has a partner to spread paralysis, then the Speed issue disappears, so it just might be pretty good then. In the lower tiers, that is.

Trick Room. That is all.

That gives him only three turns. He needs the Swords Dance so he gets only two kills before he gets slow.

Still though, if the opponent is stupid and sends out his/her special attackers immediately, he might get to sweep the rest of the team if the rest of them are all physical attackers...

At any rate, I've been watching this game show called Wipeout. It's just astounding how many contestants are out of shape, as well as how many of them have no idea how to get past the obstacles.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Oh, hey, I remember that one! They used to show it on Nickelodeon

I think that's a different Wipeout from the one I'm referring to (which is the one on ABC, with obstacles like the Sucker Punch).

You sure? I do remember it was about contestants going through obstacles...

Uh... Did it have stuff like the Sucker Punch, Overdrive (or Double Cross), and Shapeshifter? Also, the tagline for this particular Wipeout is "What goes up must wipeout."

Uh, it was too long ago, so I can't remember...

I gues it was a different Wipeout from the one I speak of, then. The one I'm referring to is much more recent.

Your fried/grilled/roasted chicken.

257.png

It now has an Ability Speed Boost, which increases its Speed at the end of every turn. He'll outspeed EVERYTHING, including Scarfers, in a few turns. And he has his own priority move to outspeed other priority users.

CHICKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN- I meant, LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

Itunes...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This. A thousand times this.

Sadly, WMP 12 is no better. Now if I can find a way to downgrade to WMP 10 on Windows 7....

Edit: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

WMP 10 only works with XP >_>

Edited by BLS