That One Thread

Florete

Wait, Astra, what do the first and last have to do with it? As long as the sprites are made well, why do the other two matter?

Experience, they would know more than other spriters, like for me, my dithering phase killed my progress. Experience would also reflect quality of work.

Attitude, if you're good at spriting but have a shit attitude to critique and think you're a "all that", then you're down.

It all matters.

Edited by Shion Kaito

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Let's think hypothetically here...

What if someone posted their mugs and battle sprites and such, but never said a word?

What would their attitude be?

Moreover, what if it was an incredible full body sprite? Would the fact that it was their first sprite bring them down?

I'm not speaking realistically, I'm just wondering what you'd say about them.

Yep and I failed. But that's not new.

Stop acting like me.

Let's think hypothetically here...

What if someone posted their mugs and battle sprites and such, but never said a word?

What would their attitude be?

Moreover, what if it was an incredible full body sprite? Would the fact that it was their first sprite bring them down?

I'm not speaking realistically, I'm just wondering what you'd say about them.

Then they wouldn't be contributing to the community, and wouldn't get along with anyone.

Generic.

First sprite my ass. And yes it would, because in the end, it's only 1.

I'd say talk more.

Then they wouldn't be contributing to the community, and wouldn't get along with anyone.

First sprite my ass. And yes it would, because in the end, it's only 1.

But I don't understand what being part of the community has to do with being a good spriter. They could essentially accept the advice about their sprites or reject it, depending on if it's good.

Okay, let's say... 10, maybe 20 sprites. Where would you rank them? If they still didn't talk? (Again I'm not saying anyone like this exists, just wondering)

But I don't understand what being part of the community has to do with being a good spriter. They could essentially accept the advice about their sprites or reject it, depending on if it's good.

Okay, let's say... 10, maybe 20 sprites. Where would you rank them? If they still didn't talk? (Again I'm not saying anyone like this exists, just wondering)

Because, then you're just showing off. If you arrive and just post your gallery, you aren't doing anything. Most of the time, people critique when they see something wrong or awkward, I reject critique if they don't tell me what and how to fix it. I know MK404 does this too.

Bottom of high.

"Oh oh! I'll give you guys moral support from a safe distance!"

AND SUDDENLY I BECAME A LOT STRONGER FROM THAT SAFELY POSITIONED MORAL SUPPORT. DETERMINATION COURSES THROUGH MY VEINS

fe supports