That One Thread

Florete

It's a fairly skilled banner on the whole, Lumi.

[spoiler=my thoughts if you care]The subtle, gentle atmosphere that the background presents is serene, smooth, almost relaxing in effect. However, the problem is with Seth: his bright, glowing frame seems to provide to harsh of a contrast to the rest of the banner. As an addition, the brightness of Seth is straining my eyes, slightly.

As for the font, it's sort of the same problem with Seth. Compared to the wavy, flowing atmosphere that even Seth presents (his issue is somewhat different) the font just seems too blocky and slammed on the banner. Another thing about the font is that I'm vaguely ambivalent about the mixing of orange and blue, though I suppose that could be more of a personal preference thing.

The last contrast is the faded Seth in the top right--that orange-esque color there seems too dull and... brown, for lack of a better word.

As for the solution to each... I would personally soften the glow on Seth just slightly, and then it would mix with the banner. Make the font less blocky and more stringy/wavy. Lastly, change the colors on the faded Seth.

Again, that's just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. I like it mostly, I'm just pointing out what I think could use changing. Sorry if I seem annoying here. :<

Edited by Lux Aeterna

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Orange and blue are complimentary colors. They're supposed to bring out each other.

The rest, I'll note. But I'm too damn lazy to do a thing now.

I have other priorities.

Like I said, that's just personal preference. I'm not disagreeing with you on choice, just saying. I'm allowed to give a personal opinion right?

... well... sorry for wasting your time, then.

Eh.

It's just that Blue-Orange, Red-Green, and Purple-Yellow, being opposites of the color wheel, are supposed to bring out each other. When you shade, lets say brown. like wood, because brown, on the PS color selector, is a darker shade of orange, you use blue to shade the darkest areas. That way, the shadows go in more while it brings out the actual brown.

Take the clock I drew yesterday. While I used a reddish brown, you'll note that my shadows are done in blue. It gives that sense of depth that a dark brown would not.

...couldn't resist the temptation.

I'm an artist. I NEED to go into length explanations whenever complementary colors are challenged.

That's up for debate but I can understand where your extreme temptation would stem from. I don't debate that you know what you're talking about, and since we've reached a consensus, things are okay at this point.

Eh. 'm not a debater. Can't debate for life.

Merely an artist, a math nerd, and a theorist.

Nearly failed senior English while passing Multivariable Calc with A. I am damn polarized.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Oh, what project?

My painting teacher's making my class do a bit of a "broken up" picture of whatever inanimate object we want. I chose to draw a ham sandwich (I couldn't think of anything better. Sue me.) and now, I have the initial sketch drawn. Even the lines where the "cracks" are supposed to be are mapped out. But, I've decided to do the background first, subject matter second. Any thoughts on this?