That One Thread

Florete

So basically, you're not saying that Tellius Astra is bad in of itself, just that there are lots of other skills that are better?

Actually I'm saying it stunk in FE9... and was little better in RD.

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Unless you have holy weapons which boost def by 20 stats.

You don't need crits in FE10, is what I'm saying. Five attacks should be enough to kill everything under the sun.

Actually I'm saying it stunk in FE9... and was little better in RD.

Meaning it also stunk in FE4 since it did the exact same thing, only with a higher activation rate.

And most other mastery skills did what Astra could do without wasting as much weapon uses. (read: Stun, Impale, etc.)

Not even its animation can save Tellius Astra from my fury.

He thinks it's a problem because of that, and because you lose 5 weapon uses even though it's 2-3HKO'ing most of the time.

Myrm str cap sucked after FE4.

>5HKOing something with high def is actually fairly likely.

Care to give some examples? An Endgame general in FE9 has about 42HP and 26DEF. Since if you proc Astra, you really get the five half damage hits + one hit at full damage (since you're doubling), you need to deal 12 damage on a regular hit, or 38ATK. Even for female Swordmasters, the 22 strength cap is easily enough for them to reach 38ATK with a forge, so they 1-round with Astra even the toughest enemies in the game.

I was saying in general, dammit. I don't have the means to play Tellius.

I can't really think of any Swordmasters between FE6 and FE10 that are so weak they can't even 5HKO. Strength cap isn't even an issue for most of them. None of the Swordmasters in FE6, 7, or 8 actually hit their strength caps.

Myrms have it the worst in 7, 8 and 11.

FE9 as well. Everything uses lances, everyone good has 9 movement and axes, doubling is really really easy.

Edited by Anouleth

6 has that godsend of 30 extra crit, though. Guy is lol and as much as I love Karel, Harken IS better. 8 is lolSethsolo.

so they got it pretty bad there. 7 & 8.

You can't use the Dolphin emulator?

Mac.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

6 has that godsend of 30 extra crit, though. Guy is lol and as much as I love Karel, Harken IS better. 8 is lolSethsolo.

so they got it pretty bad there. 7 & 8.

Joshua and Guy aren't too bad. Just kind of... unbalanced in terms of stats and not really having much to offer aside from good skill/speed. I mean, good skill/speed is great to have in FE6, it's just not that helpful in FE7/8/9.

Meaning it also stunk in FE4 since it did the exact same thing, only with a higher activation rate.

5 half damage hits... on a class that's not known for having good Strength for the most part. Good? HAHAHAHAHA no.

Care to give some examples? An Endgame general in FE9 has about 42HP and 26DEF. Since if you proc Astra, you really get the five half damage hits + one hit at full damage (since you're doubling), you need to deal 12 damage on a regular hit, or 38ATK. Even for female Swordmasters, the 22 strength cap is easily enough for them to reach 38ATK with a forge, so they 1-round with Astra even the toughest enemies in the game.

Good luck trying to get Mia to cap steength, though... And it doesn't help that Mia and Zihark have skills that are far superior to lolastra.

Edited by Metal King Slime

5 half damage hits... on a class that's not known for having good Strength for the most part. Good? HAHAHAHAHA no.

Like I just showed five seconds ago, even against the tankiest enemies in FE9, Astra is still pretty much a guaranteed kill. The only one likely to fail is Lucia, and even she can do it with an Energy Drop.

Good luck trying to get Mia there, though... And it doesn't help that Mia and Zihark have skills that are far superior to lolastra.

Not against the Generals. Adept won't kill, neither will Vantage, since they don't 3HKO. Even Vantage + Wrath doesn't kill on it's own. It's a shame you can't stack them all on one unit, but that's more a problem with the skill system, not Astra itself.

Getting Mia to 39ATK isn't very difficult. She probably needs a support to do it, but oh well.

Edited by Anouleth

Like I just showed five seconds ago, even against the tankiest enemies in FE9, Astra is still pretty much a guaranteed kill. The only one likely to fail is Lucia, and even she can do it with an Energy Drop.

Not against the Generals. Adept won't kill, neither will Vantage, since they don't 3HKO. Even Vantage + Wrath doesn't kill on it's own. It's a shame you can't stack them all on one unit, but that's more a problem with the skill system, not Astra itself.

Getting Mia to 39ATK isn't very difficult. She probably needs a support to do it, but oh well.

Tch... That method reeks of counter-productive.

wtf are you on

Astra on a General sounds like a stupid idea. And I'm sure it IS a stupid idea as well...