Mage only playthrough

I started doing it for 100% on chapter 2 (since otherwise my Light book would be completly empty o.o

so I started and parked Nolan infront of the hole inbetween walls (unequiped all gear)

Sniped them down with Micaiah and haled nolan with Laura

Sothe came (killed 2 I couldn't stop), changed Nolan with Sothe (the higher lvl sothe the better the chance I can steal bolting :3 )

Micaiah Lvled in between

The 2 archers came and I potioned my chars so they couldn't attack anyone (but Sothe)

at the last archer, Micaiah lvld to lvl 7

at this point I figured I'm going after Thani >.> I need more books

Went after the book, got back the the rest of the DB, killed all the ones on the right,

then went up with nolan and Sothe as meatshields, slowly clearing the map (48 turns, Micaiah lvl 11 and Laura lvl 2)

Chapter 3 here I come >.>

*hopes I can buy Light tomes and heal staves soon*

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but you can steal multiple Boltnings (3 iirc)

and one of em can be done with Sothe (since he IS required to bring to those chapters)

*is working on chapter 3 and Aran is being a Pain*

*notices your Dutch*

Chapter 3

basicly the same crawling speed as the last chapter

I stayed at the back till the reinforcment stopped coming and using Sothe as my main meatshield,

Sothe lvled in between (stealing healing items, stupid things :P)

went through the main gate (at turn 20) and survived :)

Micaiah lvled on the boss to lvl 14

I noticed Illyana has some acc issues (max hit I've seen was 81 o.o)

I loved the support between Micaiah and Sothe, but sadly, I's going away now (LauraxMicaiah support)

finally finsihed (32 turns)

Lvl 3 Laura (-.-)

Lvl 14 Illyana

Lvl 15 Micaiah (Thani dominates to hard)

yay buyable equips

edit:

Chapter 4: the grindfest

I used soth as main meatshield and Meg as secondairy (sothe dodges too much)

I just dropped meg and soth at area's with only 1 or 2 accesses,

janked all the treasures and healed my way through

Micaiah got to lvl 20 because of sacrifice

Illyana did all the killing (also lvl 20)

and Laura is lvl 15 (at the end)

now at the start of the next chapter I promoted Laura (she had magic, speed and skill maxed, and I don't got enough B exp to lvl her up a few more times >.>)

From now on, it will be a tad more fun :) 3 mages :P

Edited by Mister Cold

After you do a mage only playthrough you should make a axe user only play through

I was planning on a Laguz one, but this seems intresting too

altho Ike would be trained in an Axe user run (base lvl then promote => to lvl 20 with Axes)

I'm really intrested for the final lvls (hearing Mages suck there makes me wanna play more XD)

Chapter 5:

nothing special (those 6 turns pass waaaay to fast)

only notable thing is that Illyana class changed

I had to hide Volug and Osthe somewhere in order to not attack (why can't Volug shift back -.-)

a 2 turn stage, woohoo

Chapter 6-1:

gave some skills

Laura: Cancel and Adept, I used this combo before on someone and it's awesome :P

Illyana: Resolve, only usefull thing imo >.>

also LauraxMicaiah B support

again, being promoted makes me feel owerpowered, I just made sure no one overruned me, the skills helped a bit

Edit:

6-2:

I split up here Micaiah and Laura to the left, and Illyana goes up, 1 old man got killed (but ...meh)

I used *count* 4 vulneraries

Illyana is now lvl 3

and Laura lvl 2

*end of chapter*

Laura gets paragon now (because she'll be departing soon being theonly mage together with micaiah in the DB and Illyana has tons of playing time left)

Laura: Cancel- Paragon

Illyana: Resolve

Edited by Mister Cold

Oh good lord good luck.

This means you'd have to use Tormod and Sanaki...

blargh

Tormod isn't bad (he got nice speed :) )

Sanaki on the other hand

So in this walkthrough are you going to use Ike?

Without would be pretty hard.

nope Ikeless, only way to use Ike is as a wall (or to fight the BK)

no Bexp, no killing, nothing

*notices chapter 7,8 and 9 isn't written yet :o*

Chapter 7:

nothing much to add Tormod comes at a perfect lvl (lvl 5 while Illyana and Laura were lvl 4)

Laura lvled a few times (because of paragon)

resqued all prisoners ...

Chapter 8:

was a pain keeping Rafiel alive from time to time

Illyana covered the left side, Laura the right and Tormod the bottom

Chapter 9: the real pain ... for them

pretty straight forward, they got powned, Jarod (or what ever his name is) took a while to get killed (7dmg/hit)

Finished Endgame moments ago (part I)

I mainly used the BK as meatshield (unequiped his weapon) and blasting them off the skies,

Tormod and Illyana lvl to lvl 6 (both have max STR :S) and Laura is lvl 11 (still with Paragon)

I couldn't steal anything (because rushing ended up in death)

the main problem was the beggining, (when they spawn at the starting point) I was mobed in, had to go on the stairs, killing the bottom once while healing the dmg the top onces did >.>)

now Part 2 (which is bland and easy since I don't have to look at anything, you know, having no mages and all)

Edited by Mister Cold

now Part 2 (which is bland and easy since I don't have to look at anything, you know, having no mages and all)

2-E: Calill and the NPCs prevent all the enemies from taking the square, Elincia has to fly off to where the CRK appear because she's not a mage. Only Calill and Elincia get deployed, and Marcia goes off to hide with Elincia. Good Luck and Have Fun.

2-E: Calill and the NPCs prevent all the enemies from taking the square, Elincia has to fly off to where the CRK appear because she's not a mage. Only Calill and Elincia get deployed, and Marcia goes off to hide with Elincia. Good Luck and Have Fun.

I do deploy more people, but they are mainly used as meatshields (unequiped), The mages should just kill everything off

+ that's 2E that's still far away (I'm just HP Callil get's +HP,+magic, +STR, + Speed and + skill >.>)

2-P: nothing to report (no mages -.-)

is it just mages or are you going to let elincia and mist attack with staves?

in short, only magic can be used to attack (unless you healed with rhys and they attack you ofc >.>)

Elincia is a physical unit (she can use imbue), no idea on Mist tho, but I wasn't planning on her

how do you plan on beating zelgius if Ike is not used?

that's the problem when I face it, (that doesn't count on the, ZOMG you didn't use a mage to kill it ... cause you can't, since boltning doesn't go through)

... continues on 2-1, it's annoying since I try to use heather as much as possible to get her to her 20 STR >.> (to steal boltning)

that's the problem when I face it, (that doesn't count on the, ZOMG you didn't use a mage to kill it ... cause you can't, since boltning doesn't go through)

... continues on 2-1, it's annoying since I try to use heather as much as possible to get her to her 20 STR >.> (to steal boltning)

I agree with not using a mage to kill him (because you can't) but how will Ike beat him if he never gets any LV ups(unless you use all stat boosters on him but that's just stupid)

I agree with not using a mage to kill him (because you can't) but how will Ike beat him if he never gets any LV ups(unless you use all stat boosters on him but that's just stupid)

I'm thinking of getting him an A support with Oscar (or a mage with earth affinity) and a Hammer and tons of elixers/concuctions

2-1 done, got Heather to up twice

Edited by Mister Cold

Cna't you just BEXP Ike?

or be lolish and count magic cards as magic and train him with those (lol his Mag is teh suckage)

that's the nice thing about BEXP, I can use it as last resort and if I allow magic cards ellincia would own (highest magic cap while not a mage)

2-2 nothing special, no mages

You can't do a completely Ikeless run, you'll have to use the whole GM team for chapters like 3-2 and that other timed GM chapter where they raid the enemy camp.

I couldn't do it with just Ike, Soren, and Mist on Easy.