Mage only playthrough

You can't do a completely Ikeless run, you'll have to use the whole GM team for chapters like 3-2 and that other timed GM chapter where they raid the enemy camp.

I couldn't do it with just Ike, Soren, and Mist on Easy.

I'm assuming you mean 3-1. 3-3 has Ilyana. Not like Ilyana and Soren can solo it, though. 15 turns is a lot, though.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't do a completely Ikeless run, you'll have to use the whole GM team for chapters like 3-2 and that other timed GM chapter where they raid the enemy camp.

I'm assuming you mean 3-1. 3-3 has Ilyana. Not like Ilyana and Soren can solo it, though. 15 turns is a lot, though.

don't forget Rhys (iirc)

I just hope the first few chapters of GM are rout ones (I forgot, but I'm not doing research either >.>)

I messed up on chapter 2-3 (I saved near the end, where I made a baaaaaad mistake I couldn't undo anymore XD, have to restart)

I am now trying 2-E, using Brom, Haar and Nephenee as walls XD, I can *counts* 4shot the boss, if I ever get close enough (yeah right)

I just hope I didn't miss anything

Edited by Mister Cold

don't forget Rhys (iirc)

I just hope the first few chapters of GM are rout ones (I forgot, but I'm not doing research either >.>)

I messed up on chapter 2-3 (I saved near the end, where I made a baaaaaad mistake I couldn't undo anymore XD, have to restart)

I am now trying 2-E, using Brom, Haar and Nephenee as walls XD, I can *counts* 4shot the boss, if I ever get close enough (yeah right)

How many meteors does it take? Was 4 meteors or elfires? Good news is that you have Leanne, I suppose.

And yeah, I forgot Rhys. Still, you have 12 turns to rout 3-1 with just Rhys and Soren. Mist if you make an exception for staff users (or pretend that Florete does magic damage and that the game was just programmed incorrectly). I really don't think it is possible.

15 turns for 3-3 with Ilyana + Soren + Rhys could maybe be doable. Not sure. But 3-1 is more of a no way jose.

don't forget Rhys (iirc)

How many meteors does it take? Was 4 meteors or elfires? Good news is that you have Leanne, I suppose.

And yeah, I forgot Rhys. Still, you have 12 turns to rout 3-1 with just Rhys and Soren. Mist if you make an exception for staff users (or pretend that Florete does magic damage and that the game was just programmed incorrectly). I really don't think it is possible.

15 turns for 3-3 with Ilyana + Soren + Rhys could maybe be doable. Not sure. But 3-1 is more of a no way jose.

we'll see tomorrow, just Finished 2-E, it was fun, but Makalov and Co made it annoying (needed to make sure everyone was constantly healed + unequiped everything, it was fun)

I only used Brom as meatshield (he stood right and haar stood left but no one passed there XD)

then shoot some enemies down from above (<3 the higher avoid on higher grounds)

2-P:

It was just tooo easy, made a chinese wall of Oscar-Ike-Titania-Gatrie, and made Soren and Rhys snipe them down (I also noticed Rhys is crap, such low speed o.o, get's doubled from everyone who attacks back)

Edited by Mister Cold

*double post*

3-1: the horror, the pain, and it's still continuing

I'm starting to really really hate this chapter,

almost everyone doubles Rhys, (and swordmen Soren iirc)

they both can't take 2 hits, and I'm not killing fast enough >.>

I tried 5 times, at my 3rd try or so, I was on turn 9 and I was still stuck in the corner,

even if I let Lyre and Lethe do some killing, they tend to do around turn 4-5, killing 3 maybe 4 units >.>

first time Mist died (2 enemies spawned behind her, and killed her)

second time Oscar was a victim of a few lucky hits >.>

3rd I resetted,

4th, Rhys died, tried to go for more offencive strategy ... failed in 2 turns

5th Boyd (I let mist heal but it wasn't enough >.>

I need to find a way around this somehow >.> (if only counter activated 100%)

Don't bother resetting if Oscar/Boyd die. You obviously aren't using them anyway.

Although you do have another timed mission to worry about, so it'd probably not a good idea to let TOO many GMs die.

I'm doing a mage only playthrough as well right now.

I never could do 3-1 in enough turns with just Soren and Rhys. It wasn't happenining.

For the River Crossing when you burn the crates I was able to make it through using Soren, Illyana and Rhys as attackers. Ike, Brom and Gatrite would run around without weapons burning crates for me.

I did have to put Pass on Soren and on the 14th turn just throw him in the middle of the enemy camp in the North and hoped that he would dodge / Vantage enough foes to stay alive. Fortunately, with a combination of Bonus Transfers and dumping all my BEXP into the little guy he was pretty pumped up ( not third tier yet ) and survived . . . first time I didn't finish this map in 10 turns or so . . .

I'm thinking of letting everyone enjoy some killin (besides Ike, since all the others arn't required in the tower)

I just hope 3-2 isn't a timed map (or give me any reason to hurry myself, but iirc it doesn't)

I'm going to try again in a small while (have been doin something else for a bit the past few days)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just 'beat' my Mage-only playthrough.

I said 'beat' in the first line because I couldn't defeat the goddess with a bunch of mages . . . I'm sure I could have in theory eventually with the RNG on my side and Reyson heroning it up . . . . but with a 50 Res my post powerful unit was Tormond doubling while standing next to Nasir holding RexFlame so he could double and even then wasn't producing spectacular attack numbers. With Mantle healing her every turn and the spirits piling up I didn't see a way for me to pull out the win without assistance. Turned to my BEXPed and stat item Ike to help out the team and deal 40+ to the Goddess each turn . . . he was going to have to get the kill anyways . . .

Notes: Had to cheat on 3-1 to beat the chapter. There was no way Soren, Rhys and Mist ( if you count her a mage ) would have ever defeated the chapter in time.

Used a lot of meatbag shields during the chapters and took forever to finish the game . . .ended up with 805 turns.

Did have a Ike x Soren Support but Ike was the only non-mage unit to have a support with anyone else.

4-6 took a while to chase the boss around the map.

Top Unit was Illyana

After all of this . . . I see why no one uses mages in playthroughs. Especially on 4-E-5 they can't double anything and the final 3 bosses have crazy go nuts Resistance.

I'm thinking of letting everyone enjoy some killin (besides Ike, since all the others arn't required in the tower)

I just hope 3-2 isn't a timed map (or give me any reason to hurry myself, but iirc it doesn't)

I'm going to try again in a small while (have been doin something else for a bit the past few days)

3-2 is a "Defeat Boss" map, but you may want to rout the map so Soren and Ilyana can get EXP for 3-3.

Also, will you allow shoving from non-mage units?

3-2 is a "Defeat Boss" map, but you may want to rout the map so Soren and Ilyana can get EXP for 3-3.

Also, will you allow shoving from non-mage units?

yes I do allow shoving and walling (aslong as there is no attacking if I got mages)

I'm in 3-2, I"m through the hard part,

I bonus feeded Heather, she has 20STR, and I was succesfull at stealing boltning (I did had to reset alot)

I formed a wall with all my tank units (Boyd died here >.>, stupid paladins)

ones atm (still in the middle of the map but I think reinforcment stopped and all paladins are death)

Soren is lvl 10

Illyana 9

Rhys 9

Rhys will get a few lvls cause of heal >.> *shakes fist at S rank staffs*

going to bed now, I've been up for 22 hours (stupid early shift at work)

I said 'beat' in the first line because I couldn't defeat the goddess with a bunch of mages

It's been done before. Haven't you seen the youtube videos? (

) Edited by Corn on the cob

Finished 3-2,

57 turns -.-, killed everyone tho

My 3 mages are all lvl 12 (and all have 22 speed o.o)

they finally started to double a bit :S

the start was the hardest (defending my mages, stealing boltning and making sure no one dies :S)

I wanted to abuse the priest at the bottom (recover fully heals the wielder ... but Soren went Adept on it's ass)

I made Soren and Illyana support each other (Rhys has the lowest chance of getting in so ...)

now crossing the river *checks map and goes to sleep*

Edited by Mister Cold

I said 'beat' in the first line because I couldn't defeat the goddess with a bunch of mages

)

I think he means that you have to use Ragnell!Ike to kill Ashera.

)

I'm actually kinda annoyed with that video. They cleared out all the auras by turn 3 or 4, had lots of mages with turns remaining, but let Ike do double 20s to Ashera when she had over 30 hp remaining. Why not have more of those mages attack Ashera and actually bring her down to single digits for a single Ike hit? That would have been more appropriate to a mage ending. At the very least, Ike shouldn't have been allowed two hits. Oh well.

just finished 3-3 (the second timed map)

this one was rather easy, used Ike and Oscar (B support) as walls and Haar for burning the supplies

Soren and Illyana are lvl 12 (Illyana maxed everything but Luck and Speed, and speed is 1 away from caps :S)

and Rhys is lvl 11 (he's my weakest of the 3)

Soren and Illyana have a C support

I started with using Ike as a wall (infront of that fence) killed surrounding units with my mages,

Haar went into the battle field and destroyed his first supply on turn 2 (gave him a bunch of healing stuff)

I went with my mages to the upper right corner (the only supply you can't burn without having to fight)

I hid Haar with those horses from time to time to heal up and continue,

I finished it in 14 turns (could have been 12 but I forgot one XD)

edit:

3-4:

I don't know what to say here, it went so easily, I didn't even use meatshields :S

everyone is now lvl 16

Illyana needs 5 more Luck to max everything, but I'm going to crown her now (no use in waiting)

Soren however, needs a few more lvls (+ no more crowns XD)

end lvl

Soren 18

Rhys 18

Illyana 20/17/1

Edit2:

3-5:

I used Haar,Titania,Ike and Oscar to cover up some choke points, and Illyana, Soren and Rhys on the rest, slowly killing of the incoming troops,

nothing special happend, 10 turns went by like nothing, meh

3-6:

I gave Micaiah Paragon (insane lvling speed o.o)

by the time I was half through the chapter, she was catching up on Laura (lvl wise)

I had some trouble in the beginning (almost peeing myself seeing Micaiah get hit, surviving with 8 hp and see 6 other laguzes attack her and miss :S)

once the BK joined the party, everything was easier,

he rescued Sothe (weak ass guy :S) and unequiped Alondite,

he's like a laguz magnet, Micaiah and Laura get attacked ALOT less now (a real life savior)

by the Time Micaiah is lvl 11 she maxed out Magic and res

end lvl:

Micaiah: lvl 17

Laura: lvl 18

3-7,

nothing special, didn't let my mages stray away to far ahead

Rhys lvled once, didn't se much action :S

I used some bonus exp after the battle, Rhys and Soren are now both lvl 20

hop to the next chapter

Edited by Mister Cold

• 1 month later...

sry for the long pauze, had some other things on my mind lately

Ch3-8: too easy, Illyana, Rhys and soren promoted made me fly through this chapter,

Ch3-9: this one was pretty annoying, I only had Callil as attacking force, so I made sure the number of enemies that attacked us were under 4 (I tried anyway), once the base(where you start) was cleaned out, it was easier, lure them in, one by one, my books were depleting in the end (had 1 lightning book left XD)

but all went well (Callil is now lvl 14)

edit:

ch3-10:

this was a pain, not for me, but for Ellincia,

because I rushed in to kill some enemies at the top, the advanced waaaay to quickly and putted herself in a dangerous position (getting OHJO'd if one of the many archers hit :S)

got a few lucky misses on Elincia, and generally owned things with Illyana and Soren

Edited by Mister Cold

I finished part 3 (all pretty easy, being overlvled an barely any required units)

and I hitted part 4 chapter 1: the pain in my butt atm

I got Micaiah, Laura and Sanaki here,I gave each part 2 Mages, it's perfect :P Soren and Illyana with Ike, Rhys and *forgot name* fire mage XD

Sanaki is to crappy to solo a part of the map >.>, and I got to many required untis to keep em alive

and the openings at the sides are to big :S (and so many paladins :S, if Sanaki manages 1 kill, she gets killed by the next incoming paladin

I can't give Sanaki Paragon, or some Bexp (since she joins when the battle starts and not when the chapter begins -.-)

*needs some ideas to help me through*

I can't give Sanaki Paragon, or some Bexp (since she joins when the battle starts and not when the chapter begins -.-)

Sure you can. Doesn't she join for the advance screen? It has the option to go back to the base. I don't think she's like Mist/Rolf in chapter 9 of PoR or like Marcia in 2-E of this game.

Sure you can. Doesn't she join for the advance screen? It has the option to go back to the base. I don't think she's like Mist/Rolf in chapter 9 of PoR or like Marcia in 2-E of this game.

this really makes everything so much easier,

now I'm trying Sanaki with Daunt and Renewal (less hit on them + recovery should give her some more survivability)

everything seems to go well, but the Lion Prince died (he couldn't be rescued, but meh)

its Turn 6 now and everything seems to be fine up till now(but I have to go)

Sanaki got out alive, being able to double with Fire + 2 lvls of speed (iirc) makes things so much easier, ones the spawns stopped rushing in, I just went in slowly, and took care of them 1 at a time

4-1: another easy chapter, Illyana and Soren just blasted their way through

both started at lvl 5, Soren ended lvl 13 and Illyana lvl 11 (both capped STR, DEF and SPD -.-)

4-2: a bit harder, with Pelleas joining after 1-2 turns (can't he be more like Sanaki -.-)

after a few lvls a capped his speed, still unable to double (sigh) *still only in the beggining of the chapter*

finished the chapter, Pelleas used all of his Dark books + 1 lightning book (I think he's lvl 11 promoted now), the fight against the Bishop was fun, Pelleas 15dmg(iirc) 65hit, Rhys,0 dmg and Callil 3 dmg

I had to hope for Corona or Flare to activate to do some decent dmg

anyway the start was a pain too, so many enemies, so little time, I had some lucky misses on Pelleas (making him survive), I'm happy he maxed out his speed rather quickly (more dodging :S), ones the spawns stopped, everything went quiet again, and I could slowly move on

Edited by Mister Cold

I think I missed writing down a chapter,

anyway, I'm at chapter 3-4, where you get Tormod,

first thing I did, Bexped tormod to lvl 20, and promoted him

I then started the chapter, Soren and Illyana went straight up on to the edge, kill all units,

the laguzes went to the left (next to illyana) and Tormod covered up a spot (so no one can pass)

I moved Ike to the same location Illyana was,

then Ike and Muriam covered the left edge, so no one can come close to the laguz, and Tormod can't get swarmed

then I just killed the reinforcement one by one, took me 32 turns before I could move tormod

only then I started moving up, at the end of the chapter Illyana, Soren and Tormod were lvl 20 (Soren and Illyana completly maxed, Tormod misses some LUK and Magic -.-)

finished 4-5 and 4-E-1 and 4-E-2 today

4-5: I stayed in the corner for a few turns, and started moving up (and panicin a bit because I would run out of tomes),

I killed the boss with Peleas, (had 2 long distance dark tomes, so I used one to kill him)

I had Rhys, Pelleas, Callil and that wind guy (forgot his name -.-), Rhys got to lvl 20, so did Callil and Pelleas,

on 4-E-1 I used all my boosters, and gav Bexp to those who need it

Micaiah, Soren, Illyana, Laura and the last mage I got all maxed their stats (others are really close)

4-E-1 itself was really easy, took like 8 turns, just rushed in with Soren +Illyana in the middle (support)

to the left Rhys+Pelleas (also support), and Sanaki and Callil went right (had to retreat with soren and Pelleas because they got silenced)

4-E-2 was the fun chapter, the one chapter I was thinking about

untrained Ike VS The Black Knight,

I took 2 hammers and a bunch of elixers, my round was wasted running to the +10def spot,

when I wanted to attack him it was me on BK 25DMG, 56acc(around) 0 crit,

the BK on me was 21DMG, 100ACC and 11 crit,

each turn I fully healed myself, I had no crits on me (thank god) and strangely I hitted the BK EVERY time (I didn't reset for hits, I just did XD)

after 8 turns of wishing he doesn't crit, I killed him (no boosters or Bexp used)

hop to 4-E-3 (I used my blessing on:

SS Wind, SS Light, SS Dark, SS thunder, SS Fire tome, also all the long ranged weapons, blizzard, meteor, Purge and boltning

the end is in sight ...