Which Element is the Best in FE9

Elements FE9  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the Best Element?

2. 2. Which should I train Soren in?

For Soren, his AS is almost never effected by it.

Shouldn't that be "always?" Soren has 0 base Str (and 5% growth...) and even a basic Wind tome weighs 1.

Oh, and I picked Thunder for both.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Should have been multiple choice... But..

Wind is the best, only because it's green. But I picked light because it's fun to kill enemies with beams of light instead of wind, thunder or fire.

Rexaura ftw

And you should have thunder, so you can get Rexbolt(when I first saw it, I was like 'OMGAWESOME')

But wouldn't it be easier to have Hungry Mage as your thunder person? I mean she already has D in thunder magic anyway.. But I guess you'll be benching her. Or kill her. Heartless

Edited by Emerald Jealousy

They all have their places. Wind is useful in earlygame, since Soren doesn't take much AS loss from it, but even a Thunder tome is usable as well for the enemies that he's not doubling even with Wind. Fire is useful for dealing with Beast laguz, which are easily the most common type.

Of course, the question is, which type should you train Soren in? Since the spells you'll be using most are E and D rank, this only affects Soren when you reach lategame and get access to Bolting/Thoron/whatever. Even then, Soren doesn't want to use those spells because they're so heavy and he deals enough damage with Forged Thunder.

The impact it makes is pretty tiny, but it's worth pointing out that Soren isn't really going to A rank anything other than Wind. And he's certainly not going to want to use Bolganone or Thoron.

Should have been multiple choice... But..

But wouldn't it be easier to have Hungry Mage as your thunder person? I mean she already has D in thunder magic anyway.. But I guess you'll be benching her. Or kill her. Heartless

If it was multiple choice, I wouldn't have gotten a straight answer.

I've always found "hungry mage" lacking. I'm not heartless. I don't have anybody die.....

But if Kieran or Mia die I'm not sad. I never use them. *cringes, waiting for the blow*

Edited by Knight of the White Lake

But if Kieran or Mia die I'm not sad. I never use them. *cringes, waiting for the blow*

Kieran: Meh.

Mia: YOU GOT MIA KILLED YOU SHALL DIE Ether is going to kill you.

And Thunder for both.

Mia: YOU GOT MIA KILLED YOU SHALL DIE Ether is going to kill you.

Yeah, I knew something like that was coming.

So thunder is the best, eh? I guess, in order to use things like Rexbolt, I could give Soren every Arms Scroll I find in the game. But that would mean giving them to no one else...

Big whoop.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*Shooting star sword*

*Critical* *Critical* *Critical* *Critical* *Critical*

*continue*

*Shooting star sword*

*Critical* *Critical* *Critical* *Critical* *Critical*

Anyway,so this post isn`t completely spam,you should use thunderditch Soren for Ilyana,she has more Def

Anyway,so this post isn`t completely spam,you should use thunderditch Soren for Ilyana,she has more Def

Say what!?

Ilyana has more DEF?......

. . . . . .

.... sure......

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . are you serious?

Say what!?

. . . . . .

.... sure......

She does. Higher base and more through supports.

Say what!?

. . . . . .

.... sure......

Plus actual Strength so she doesn't lose AS from the lightest tome in the game. :D

Wind. The only type of tome that doesn't weigh any mage down and you can increase the ight with a forged one. Soren already starts at D level in it and that he really doesn't need to use anything else. But if you want a good Fire user...Soren is also your guy.

@ Knight of the White Lake: About Mia dying, it's hardly a loss losing her since she downright sucks in this game. Abysmal Str. lol

Edited by Eyvelin

Wind. The only type of tome that doesn't weigh any mage down and you can increase the ight with a forged one. Soren already starts at D level in it and that he really doesn't need to use anything else. But if you want a good Fire user...Soren is also your guy.

@ Knight of the White Lake: About Mia dying, it's hardly a loss losing her since she downright sucks in this game. Abysmal Str. lol

Thanks to supports her mt is no worse than Zihark's.

Level 16:

Mia has 11 str.

Zihark has 12.7 str.

Mia has a C Rhys by chapter 12 so only 1 less str if Zihark rounds up. When he rounds down, same str.

Level 20/1:

Mia has 13.6 str.

Zihark has 15.5 str.

Zihark's supports give him at most +1 str, but it takes until B Brom, which is chapter 18.

Mia gets effectively 16.6 str by chapter 17. So mt lead of 1.1 for a chapter, then basically a tie.

Level 20/10:

Mia has 17.2 str

Zihark has 19.55 str

By now Mia should have A Rhys, B Ilyana, so 21.2 effective str.

Zihark has 20.55 at best, since Muarim and Ilyana provide him with no mt.

Level 20/20:

Mia has 21.2 str (though bands makes 22, or fixed mode bonus of 70 points makes her just two band levels away)

Zihark has 24 str

Mia has 25.2 effective str, or more likely 26.

Zihark has 25 effective.

She's got her problems in this game, yes, but her str is just as abysmal as Zihark's. Less so, sometimes. (Plus if you are willing you can just reset abuse str for both of them during bexp levels, and then they'll still have approximately the same mt but it will be less "abysmal".)

Also Mia can potentially have a level lead, at which point she generally stays ahead of Zihark throughout the game as far as mt goes.

I can forge a thunder and increase its Mt as well, so what's your point? And here's a fun fact: A max Mt Wind forge is twice as expensive as a min Wt and max Mt Thunder forge. lol. Also, Soren loses AS from the basic wind tome until he promotes (assuming worst case scenario, which isn't all that unlikely with a 5% Strength growth).