Guilty Gear/BlazBlue

HolyAarom

I bet I am the only avid fan of these games on this forum. I know at least a few people here have played these.

To those who don't know, the games are anime styled 2D fighters with rock/metal music and very eccentric characters. The games are also notorious for being goddamn hard and not being newbie friendly.

So, anyone ever play these games? Also, to make things interesting, Guilty Gear > BlazBlue.

Blazblue was fun played it a lot at my friends (the PS3 version), tried to buy one for the 360 (because that's the only current gen system I have) but apparently they are "rare" to find in the US or that's what the person at game stop told me so i couldn't buy one.

Guilty Gear, I haven't played that yet.

Edited by Generic Officer

I've had Guilty Gear for the DS. It's the opposite of what you say it was. I learned the controls rather quickly, and enemies only got hard near the end. It was fun, but not for a very long time.

Edited by Ben Stein

Guilty Gear is the only fighting game I've ever gotten "good" at (that is, the only fighting game where I learned both how to block effectively AND how to attack effectively).

We've mostly moved on to other fighting games (SFIV, Blazblue, Tekken 6), but Guilty Gear still holds a special place in my heart.

GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME

Yeah, I love Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.

Edited by Fia 

I've had Guilty Gear for the DS. It's the opposite of what you say it was. I learned the controls rather quickly, and enemies only got hard near the end. It was fun, but no for a very long time.

Dust Strikers is a terrible Smash Bros. clone that happens to have Guilty Gear characters.

The only good thing about it is the minigame where you smack Faust when he comes out of doors.

GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME GUNFLAME

STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE STUN EDGE

RIDE THE LIGHTNINGGGGGGG

Edited by Aitherion

There is already a BB thread, but people didn't show enough interest and stopped posting in it. I'm one of the top US Bangs. I play with people like Lord Knight, and whenever I see them (Jiyuna, Alzarath, 10stars). I also made a Bang bumper video on youtube.

I've been playing Guilty Gear for about 2 years now. Game is really good

Yes I play and I place well among high ranking US players (Blazblue)

I play Noel btw, can't wait for CS

I do play GG I have netplay so get it so maybe we can play sometime I'm decent at that and run Dizzy

I do play GG I have netplay so get it so maybe we can play sometime I'm decent at that and run Dizzy

Define "high ranking"...

Why haven't I posted here yet?

Anyway I can only play Guilty Gear right now and I'm still learning the mechanics even though I know about most if not all of them. I almost always forget to dash or jump cancel to continue combos.

Personally I feel the Blaz Blue is easier to play than Guilty Gear.

Well that should interesting. I wonder if Rachel will be un-nerfed...

didn't follow anything they modified after the third location test (this means I do now know what they changed in the fourth and fifth) but after the third she sucked so bad that every rachel player said she's horrible and her new distortion drive is only a mean to gain invicibility frames if you want to end up a match by a time up

edit: here

- Rachel: anche lei come Noel ha subito parecchi nerf. Il suo j.2C non è più jump cancellabile (niente più blockstring fatte di j.2C->j.C), e non è più un overhead. La rana continua ad essere nerfata, fa meno danno e provoca molto meno stun nonostante possa slittare grazie all'uso del vento. Maggior startup e recovery anche sul pumpkin e la cannon ball. In generale i ritocchi fatti fin'ora su Rachel stanno levando la sua abilità nel fare rushdown (presente in CT) e la stanno trasformando in uno zoner puro.

brief crappy translation (you should find anything related on dustloop written in a proper english though):

j.2C no more jump cancelable, nome more j.2C->j.C blockstrings and is not an overhead anymore.

though the frog (george the XIII) is now affected by the wind, still continues to be nerfed, less damage and less stun.

also higher startup and recovery for the pumpkin and the tiny lobelias.

In the end with these changes Rachel doesn't have anymore the ability to rushdown like she could in calamity trigger and she likely will become a pure zoner

Edited by SAMUS TUTA ZERO D'ACCIAIO

Define "high ranking"...

Semi finals, sometimes finals other times quarter finals

You enjoy doubting me

few impressions I collected over skilled players and some videos (to tell the truth, I didn't realize anything about some characters because I found only video in which they got TOTALLY RAPED by carl's loops)

note that the game is out since the 20th so don't take these note way seriously

Ragna is better, less recovery and is new dive is a good combo finish

Noel is worse, some guys told me she totally can't combo

Tsubaki is good with good knock back enabling her to perform install

Rachel is garbage

Lambda (ex Nu) has now 5000 points (which is half the average stamina of the other chara) and removes guard primer has hell

I saw half Hazama combo in 2 rounds for the reason stated in the first two lines