Fire Emblem 5 Binary

Masamune_Wielder

I have only minor hacking skills & would appreciate any help veteran hackers or anyone could give me. There is no definite that this project will ever be finished but it will be continuously worked on due to the fact that I am home from school due to illness.

Most Noticeable Changes:

Each character has 3 promotion branches (like FE4 Binary)

You are allowed to choose one skill when your character promotes from a pre-set list of skills for that class

The maps have changed terrain to make it more difficult

All the Holy Weapons and 2nd Gen Holy blood characters have been fitted into the (new) plotline

Edited by Masamune_Wielder

I don't mean to be a downer, but I doubt you're going to get much help. There aren't really any experienced SNES hackers around here, to my knowledge (or any that are still around).

You could borrow some of the existing FE5 modifications made by Japanese hackers, but it probably won't be enough to propel your hack near the level of the FE4 RM/Binary hack.

That said, FE5 hacking is probably something I'm fairly decent at, so I can help with basic questions, etc.

Edited by VincentASM

Thanks Vincent I just kinda need an advanced tutorial, but I can try to find one online but thank you for the help. If you have any advice pertaining to Map editing that would be appreciated (that's my weakest point when it comes to hacking)

Map making probably isn't a trivial task.

I haven't kept up with how you hack maps in the GBA FEs (I know its possible though), but there are map editors made by Japanese hackers for FE3 and FE4. Unfortunately there are none for FE5. I've seen a FE5 map editor before, but I don't know if it works or if it'll ever go public.

Edited by VincentASM

Map making probably isn't a trivial task.

I haven't kept up with how you hack maps in the GBA FEs (I know its possible though), but there are map editors made by Japanese hackers for FE3 and FE4. Unfortunately there are none for FE5. I've seen a FE5 map editor before, but I don't know if it works or if it'll ever go public.

Thank you very much for your helpful info I am going to spend less time on this now and pursue Hack ideas that have more of a probability of being completed (not trying to sound sarcastic).

I don't mean to brag but I'm thinking I have the most knowledge of hacking FE5, as far as the english community; and you're not going to be able to do any of what you've listed without extensive custom ASM. You said you had minor hacking skills; it's probably best to start a project on a GBA game as the system they use is far, far more easier to make use of. Just make sure that, like in this instance, you do a little research on the subject before making plans.

Edited by Pukachi

I don't mean to brag but I'm thinking I have the most knowledge of hacking FE5, as far as the english community; and you're not going to be able to do any of what you've listed without extensive custom ASM. You said you had minor hacking skills; it's probably best to start a project on a GBA game as the system they use is far, far more easier to make use of. Just make sure that, like in this instance, you do a little research on the subject before making plans.

Okay it was just an idea me & my friends were going to try but the GBA games are a lot easier to hack so I will go with that from here on out. Thanks Pukachi that helped me a lot.

Can you add a soldier, Lance armor, or any indoor lance user?

After I opened this topic I realized I still need a lot more experience to release any hack of mine:( if it helps though here is a link to a original FE5 binary http://lensterknight...m/other/149.zip (apply to a clean (J) FE5 Rom can't be translated) it has a beyond hard tweaks in the game so have fun.

Edited by Masamune_Wielder

After I opened this topic I realized I still need a lot more experience to release any hack of mine:( if it helps though here is a link to a original FE5 binary http://lensterknight...m/other/149.zip (apply to a clean (J) FE5 Rom can't be translated) it has a beyond hard tweaks in the game so have fun.

Thanks does soft patching work?

I've only used hard patching so far. With IPSwin that's the best in my expieriences & I assume you already know how to name the files & patch them.

I've only used hard patching so far. With IPSwin that's the best in my expieriences & I assume you already know how to name the files & patch them.

I got it to work through soft patching. Thanks!

no problem, if Ishtor isn't replacing the original guy commanding the 1st boss then it didn't work otherwise have fun.