People who think Fire Emblem Gaiden is under-appreciated!

Masamune_Wielder

Yeah Slayder was a bitch to kill, I had some problems fighting him but I still cleared out the chapter with nobody dying in one try

wow you must have a really good strategy for the level.

It's all about using your chokepoints wisely.

Yeah Slayder was a bitch to kill, I had some problems fighting him but I still cleared out the chapter with nobody dying in one try

wow you must have a really good strategy for the level.

It's all about using your chokepoints wisely.

I usually just power through with my knight (Luka) after he's been promoted & maxed unless i'm going for Dozeh.

I don't see why people are complaining about grinding for this game. Just play the game on easy mode. All easy mode does is double the amount of exp you receive and allow you unlimited item transfers, so you can play the game with the same difficulty without having to grind.

I don't see why people are complaining about grinding for this game. Just play the game on easy mode. All easy mode does is double the amount of exp you receive and allow you unlimited item transfers, so you can play the game with the same difficulty without having to grind.

that's what i'm doing. It's so much easier than only getting 6 Exp against most Ch.1 enemies with Silk & 5 with Ruka. Easy mode does make it a whole lot quicker but still just as hard (no matter how good you are Judah can still seal you).

Poor gaiden was always the black sheep of the series. The Fire Emblem Museum doesn't even have official art for it. Maybe a remake would increase interest. They could always package it together with book 2 of Shadow dragon.

That would be an awesome idea. Who knows though maybe Nintendo will (I just hope they haven't dropped this game permanently).

Poor gaiden was always the black sheep of the series. The Fire Emblem Museum doesn't even have official art for it. Maybe a remake would increase interest. They could always package it together with book 2 of Shadow dragon.

They didn't include artwork for FE1 either. I think it's rather the games are too old.

Packaging FE2 and FE3 together makes less sense than packaging FE1 and 3 together, and IS didn't even do that...

Anyway, I like the music.

Edited by VincentASM

Easy mode really is just normal mode without the grinding. You gain exp as if you were playing a normal Fire Emblem.

With that in mind, I actually love this game. The game functions differently, but it definitely doesn't mean it's bad. Has a bit more of an RPG feel to it, but it's probbly the closest hybrid it's been, while the others are a bit more tactics than RPG.

I personally have no issue with archers having 1-5 range. Perhaps if it gets a remake, it could be 2-3 range, 2-5 with a weapon (or 1-3 if they add in a Short Bow). Thing is, despite the 1-5 range, archer accuracy sucks for some reason. It always seems to hover around the 50 mark, which is bad enough to matter even in a 1 RN game. If it were a 2 RN game, I'm pretty sure people wouldn't be bitching quite as hard about it.

Personally, I see a lot of potential in a remake, and even more potential in taking it's system to another level (not FE8, that was just a normal FE with gimmicks). However, I feel both have to be done precise, as to not repeat history, cause at least us as fans can be stingy, while noobs to the series would be thrown off track by the sudden change of rules. But yeah, it could do with a bit of polishing. Paperblade pointed out why, pretty much.

The problem with FE2, is that 30% is considered balling out of control and 50% unheard of, yet enemies have 100% HP growth, 0% Luck, and then 50% in everything else.

So it's kind of like every enemy is FE6 Karel if he were a Level 1 Myrmidon.

Also, Archers have like 2-5 range, which is hilarious.

I like the non-grindy difficulty, but honestly if I wanted to play a grinding SRPG I'd just go play Disgaea, since at least Disgaea is fucking awesome.

Bows have 1~3 range. Steel, silver and holy bows have 1~5 range. Bow knights always have 1~5 range.