How many laguz you save in Ch 15: Feral Frontier

54 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with the laguz?

• I save all of them.
    • I save most of them.
    • I only save a few.
    • I kill them all. (DEATH TO ALL SUB-HUMANS!)

Amazing story here.

My friend is doing a perfect playthrough with these requirements.

1.) Steal all stealable items unless you must pick between one or another.

a. Excludes impossible ones such as Naesala's coin.

2.) Get all BEXP

3.) Kill all enemies unless it conflicts with above rule. (Jill's vulenary<- how do you spell it?)

4.) Recruit all characters.

5.) Get all items in desert.

and on and on. These are just the ones I remember.

Feral Frontier has two safe spots that are not in any enemy's range. So he went got all items stole 3 vulenaries and killed Muriaum without killing a single Laguz besides him.

Which made me go "Holy crap!"

Except that he missed out the Turn Limit BEXP. So it wasn't perfect.

I'm not sure. I think it was a different attempt. He eventually got through it with perfect BEXP.

Also if the rules contradict he has a priority order rule although I'm not sure.

Edited by BlackKnight666

Any that's in the way...Although I tried to clear the chapter within the max BEXP limit without killing any and still managing to get Stefan, I got close but then I pretty much went "fuck it" after the first Laguz died.

What, did you have a character equipped with an actual weapon?

Can't unequip claws from Laguz characters needed to recruit Stefan.

Jill. They can't kill anything if they are being carried. I think Lethe can be picked up even transformed, but if not then just grab Mordy at the start of the chapter.

Laguz don't pursue when they are untransformed BTW.

I'm not so sure about that one. The laguz on the map do different things. Also, once you "activate" them, they won't leave you along even untransformed. If you let a transformed laguz attack one of your characters, they won't run away or avoid you even after they untransform. Or, from what I remember, anyway. But I think if they have not yet attacked you, they'll happily stand still if they are untransformed even if you get close.

I'm not so sure about that one. The laguz on the map do different things. Also, once you "activate" them, they won't leave you along even untransformed. If you let a transformed laguz attack one of your characters, they won't run away or avoid you even after they untransform. Or, from what I remember, anyway. But I think if they have not yet attacked you, they'll happily stand still if they are untransformed even if you get close.

Some follow you even if you're not in their untransformed range IIRC. Perhaps they have their transformed one in mind, but I'm not so sure.

Still, you have two flyers, two thieves to make getting items easier, and you might as well have a Sage to roast Muarim.

Oh and let's not forget the Laguzguard. That thing is really useful on whoever's going to attack Muarim, since IIRC the last time I did it, Soren was getting mauled by a Tiger before actually going to attack Muarim.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the friend BK666 is talking about. First off, there were 4 vulneraries that had to be stolen. Second, I don't require bonus experience from quickly winning the chapters or not bringing units into defend chapters because in many battles (like chapter 10, the prison break, and both Defend chapters) it's impossible to get that kind of bonus exerience and meet all of the other requirements. Anyway, I had a great, 35-turn strategy, but I had a lot of bad luck. My strategy required Rolf to hit Muarim 3 times with his laguz bow in 4 turns, but he only had an 80% (over 90% because of True Hit) chance of hitting. After 3 hours of hard work, I missed twice, the tigers transformed, and they tore poor Rolf to shreds. On attempt 2, I made a mistake when I was almost done, and Volke got surrounded by laguz. To fix, I had to mess up my strategy, and it added 15 turns to the battle. Those were 15 of the most hellish turns I have ever done, but after nearly 50 turns and another 3 hours of hard work, I won the battle. I am never doing that again!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Usually, I'll just kill anything that gets in my way. The exceptions are the crows in 19, since you can get them to leave before they get in range of your characters, and 22, since there are only 1-3 bishops that actually attack you (and can therefore get counterattacked). I usually save a couple of vigilantes on 11, but the laguz usually die. There are a couple that do survive though... Usually the one in the bottom right, since I don't care much for the statue frag.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Lethe can be picked up even transformed, but if not then just grab Mordy at the start of the chapter.

Jill has just enough weight to pick up Lethe transformed (I'm pretty sure it's 33 and 31 weight, respectively.)

EDIT. Jill has 35 weight unpromoted, and I think Lethe has 33 instead, but anyway, it's just enough to rescue her.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

• 4 weeks later...

It's not like I dislike the laguz, but... yeah, I kill all of them.

I don't touch any raven in chapter 19 (Entrusted), though. Not only to get the Knight Ring, but also because I care for the Kilvas citizens. ;)

I always kill all of them. Not only do I feel that I get more combat EXP this way than I'd get BEXP if I spared them, but I also care a lot for the WE obtained this way since my characters usually all still have pretty crappy weapon levels at this point in the game.

I spare them. In the first place, I like the BEXP that I get. In the second place, most of my troops are too weak to strike them down in one hit, but they always leave me alone and use their vulneraries when they are sufficiently wounded. In the third place, I still get good weapon EXP for nonfatally wounding them.

Marcia armed with an iron sword and Rhys armed with a Shine tome are particularly good for nonfatally wounding the Laguz, I've found.

So, of the people who save them all and get all the items (including coins) and don't lose any of your own units, what is your lowest turncount?

Maybe it doesn't count, since I usually ignore the Physic staff near the center of the map, but I've gotten the rest of the treasure, recruited Stefan, spared all the Laguz, and defeated Muarim in seven turns. Come to think of it, I might have gotten lucky and gotten the Physic staff as well.

Edited by Paper Jam