Serenesforest's First Official Villains Face-Off 2009

Candlejack

Hello, fellow forumgoers! I'm bored as fuck and decided to create a nominations thread for a later face-off round to determine who is truly the greatest villain of all time.

So here are the rules:

1. You may only nominate one villain per week; the nominations last for two whole weeks starting today and ending in the next Sunday after this one, and polls are closed for brackets. You must state the source of the villain and provide a brief summary of their history.

2. We, as reasonable people, will judge the villain based on a variety of talents, qualities, and skills.

3. These villains may be from any sort of source; book, game, movie, you name it.

4. Once polls are closed, a random number generator will determine who faces who.

5. The winner will be declared the official "Serenesforest Villain".

So, feel free to nominate now and next week.

-------------

NOMINATIONS:

Hannibal Lecter

Xykon

Johann Liebert

Cyrus

Uwe Boll

Teatime

-------------

I nominate Hannibal Lecter- an ingenious psychiatrist and sadistic cannibal- is perhaps one of the greatest cinema villains to grace the big screen- his long history in film actually began in the novel Red Dragon, where he is acclaimed as a symbol of many themes in villainy. Afterwards, he appeared in the classic film Silence of the Lambs, but soon appeared in less successful films afterwards. His background is terrifying; his parents killed in a tank explosion and sister raped by militiamen. He grew up alone and on his own afterwards, becoming crazed and skilled in murder. Throughout his films, he has found more and more genius and gruesome ways to weave in and out of danger. He is a skilled fighter and very intelligent; he always thinks ahead and uses every thing he gets his hands on to his advantage. He's also very deceptive.

Edited by Sedgar the Hero

Ooh, sounds like fun.

Xykon - Order of the Stick (webcomic)

An Epic undead lich, with at least 26 levels in Sorcerer, he is the big bad of the story; he is seemingly an idiot who's too stupid to fight effectively - however, he's repeatedly shown to be powerful and manipulative. He relishes in torturing any captives (such as making an unarmed paladin fight a acid-breathing shark in a vat of acid with spikes on the bottom... and when said paladin escapes, thwarting him with a 1d3 attack), as well as showing off ingenuity in his exploits - at one point in the story, he takes out a room of his enemies with nothing more then a bouncy ball.

While he gives no thoughts for tactics, he's powerful enough to make this nonsense. While has been defeated by a level-13 Fighter (through a surprise attack, after being thrown into a MacGuffin, mind you), he still remains a terrifying villain, although his frequent moments of comic relief somewhat alleviate this.

And as for his origin story (spoilered for anyone who wishes to read the print-only book "Start of Darkness beforehand);

His pet dog, Barky, dies. He re-animates it as a zombie, surprising himself into the knowledge that he has innate magic powers; later, he zombifies a teacher who talked down to him; he (at some point) reanimated his grandmother as well, then makes the zombified teacher/grandmother eat his parents.

As for the rest of the book? It gets worse (for everyone else).

If anyone else has anything to add to this character, please PM me and I'll add it into this post :) I doubt I explained the character that well, though.

I nominate Johann Liebert. The antagonist of the manga Monster, he is introduced as a ten-year-old with a bullet wound in his head. Shortly after being saved by the protagonist Dr. Kenzo Tenma, he escapes from the hospital with his twin sister Anna. He resurfaces nine years later as a killer, admits to having disposed of Tenma's superiors, and proceeds to wreak havoc across Germany. Johann mindrapes, murders, and manipulates anyone he comes across, from the doctor who saved his life, to some random children in a park, to his own henchmen. Oh, yes, and he's been shown to be the GOD of the Xanatos Gambit.

I nominate this guy. His words and stupid personality annoy me to no end, I wish he were a mute and unable to use a key board.

But if that's unacceptable I nominate Cyrus from Pokemon DPPt. Leader of the best group, not caring for people, likes the company of machines more than humans, was going to destroy/mess up the universe just to make it again. And rule it.

I nominated The Cookie.

The Cookie's History.

Originating from a post created by the BlackKnight666 The Cookie has become one of the most feared forms of demon spawn. Emerging from the great pit known as The Cookie Jar it has induced many young children who like cookies to sin. The Cookie is abnormally fast, it attacks the stomach in second turning skinny to fat. The Cookie is a mastermind, parents blame the kids not the cookies. The Cookie is ingenious causing no alarm within communities and it's victims become fat, unsociable people.

The Cookie came in it's regal form, THE Chocolate Cookie, shortly after X-Rays were created. It sparked the dawn of a new age. The age of X, in which X represents fat, obese, stupid, and other blatantly ugly traits. I nominate The Cookie for these reasons.

Blacknight666, is that from personal expierience?

Anyway, I have 3,If only 1 nomination is allowed, please pick the best.

My first is TRi-edge from the .HackG.U. series. This charcter is mysterious and eludes the main protagonist or a long while until he eventually found to be someone unexpected.(his identity is unknown part of the game) Look him up for more info.

My second nomination is ALvis from Fire Emblem. Anyone who hs played FE4 will know why.

My third nomination is Kira(Light) from Deathnote. I think this villain is incredibly interesting mainly because he is the protagonist(you can be a protagonist and still a villain). You get a real interesting view of his life as kira and his desent from someone with righteous ideals into an insane monster.

Edited by Luminothe

Garland.

I support this one.

This.

Garland has the thing to make people work. He has the power to smash other candidates from existence. And when he defeated by one of these other candidates, he will only come back stronger and will continue to come back until chaos he wins.

zelgius, psycho mantis, alan rickman, Ian mckellen and brian blessed

Read the rules you dolt.

Accepted:

Kira (Just because he has the best explanation; you can nominate one more character for next week however.)

The Cookie

DESCRIBE YOUR NOMINATIONS GEEZ

Luminothe no need to flame me. It's kinda getting annoying as I have not referred to you indirectly in a post.

It's kinda annoying to see every post that I've seen from you in it have some insulting reference to me in it.

The Cookie is a joke, meant to be though has true facts.

For Villains I nominate Bowser.

Bowser's villain characteristics.

He's lazy, he sends his sons to do his work for him. He always manages to kidnap the Princess. He grows in size after being revived. Lost all plot in the DS version(Oh noes he killed the plot!) Breathes fire. Crushes people. Is overweight.

Read the rules you dolt.

Accepted:

Kira (Just because he has the best explanation; you can nominate one more character for next week however.)

The Cookie

*Looks at the Uwe Boll entry* >.>;;

BK666, its called joking. However you seem unable to take one.(Yes I am well aware that that statment is hypocritical)

Keep in mind I am mad at you because you are always so mean to me.

I also thought kira was the best option.

0.o Not really. A lot of it is self inflicted. Notice how you spam me because I don't respond to one message. And as you said once

Negativity is never fought with more Negativity.

That is hypocritical. Internet is not the best place for jokes if you are a normally serious person which you are except for when according to you,

ADHD maniac mode.
I am a failure. I am a failure. I am a failure.

Who said that? You.

It's self inflicted on the most part while constantly attacking someone isn't. Looking at your posts one can deduce that you are the one being agressive at the moment. I would avoid this conflict if I could but you obviously want to add oxygen to the fire. I dislike arguing on the most part because it's just a garble of slanderous words and terms directed at a person.

Teatime. Why? It's pronounced teh-ah-ty-meh. Plus he's like most Terry Pratchett villains, and half retarded, and half deadly efficient. Plus, he dies when Death's granddaughter throws a poker at him through Death's back.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Read the rules you dolt.

Accepted:

The Cookie

*Looks at the Uwe Boll entry* >.>;;

Okay, that counts.