Who is the most hated usertron in the Serenes Forest Forums?

Tatsumaki

I'm being serious here, you could at least do the same. -_-

Sometimes you have to go with your gut on whether the person you're talking to is being sarcastic. In this case, I think I made my sarcasm (or lack of it) fairly obvious. If you don't make assumptions about other peoples' meaning and end up wrong from time to time, you're missing half the fun of this board! :D

Edited by Hero

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm being serious here, you could at least do the same. -_-

Sometimes you have to go with your gut on whether the person you're talking to is being sarcastic. In this case, I think I made my sarcasm (or lack of it) fairly obvious. If you don't make assumptions about other peoples' meaning and end up wrong from time to time, you're missing half the fun of this board! :D

Nah, I only assume because I don't get it wrong half the tme, more like 80% of the time.

And you could've just said in the first place, y'know.

French people- REAL French people- are infamously snobbish. That extends to those French-Canadian douches in Quebec. Marthur has shown this side of his personality on many occasions.

Well, most people are like that. Call it patriotism, call it ignorance, call it whatever you want. I wouldn't say being a "real" French person is inherently bad though; it's always the person behind the accent.

Also, Marthur is a man? That's a huge let down.

You didn't know?

The "Marthur is a girl"-rule exists for a reason

Edited by L'aigle de Meaux

As in it is literally a Frenchman. As in it was born and raised in France and lives in France to this day.

If you broaden that to mean those of French descent, then that'd include me too, since my mom's side of the family is Scotch French-Canadian.

I don't see the point in dismissing someone based on where they were raised. There are plenty of legitimate reasons you could dismiss her for.

French people- REAL French people- are infamously snobbish. That extends to those French-Canadian douches in Quebec. Marthur has shown this side of his personality on many occasions.

THAT is a prejudice. Sure there are French people like that, but Dutch people are just as bad, and there are enough Americans with the same problem.

I know Americans who act that way about America. Thing is, I also know Quebec-Frenchmen, too, and trust me, they genuinely deserve the reputation. From what I've personally dealt with, French arrogance makes your typical New England snob look like the humblest guy around.

Dunno about the Dutch, though. Although considering the way they treated America during the revolution, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. The French just have a worse reputation about it, I guess.

Well, most people are like that. Call it patriotism, call it ignorance, call it whatever you want. I wouldn't say being a "real" French person is inherently bad though; it's always the person behind the accent.

It's not that they're just snobbish. They take snobbishness to an extreme. Ever been to Quebec? If you don't know French, you'll get nothing but abuse from about 90% of the people, and 9% will give you more than abuse.

If France is anything like Quebec- and I've heard it's worse- I really don't ever want to go there.

As in it is literally a Frenchman. As in it was born and raised in France and lives in France to this day.

If you broaden that to mean those of French descent, then that'd include me too, since my mom's side of the family is Scotch French-Canadian.

I don't see the point in dismissing someone based on where they were raised. There are plenty of legitimate reasons you could dismiss her for.

THAT is a prejudice. Sure there are French people like that, but Dutch people are just as bad, and there are enough Americans with the same problem.

I know Americans who act that way about America. Thing is, I also know Quebec-Frenchmen, too, and trust me, they genuinely deserve the reputation. From what I've personally dealt with, French arrogance makes your typical New England snob look like the humblest guy around.

Dunno about the Dutch, though. Although considering the way they treated America during the revolution, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. The French just have a worse reputation about it, I guess.

Believe me, people from the Netherlands are worse than Frenchies. But you're acting as if they're all the same, while you might as well find a Frenchie with that attitude as a...dunno, Peruvian with that attitude.

THAT is 400 years ago. Societies, people and cultures change through time.

Believe me, people from the Netherlands are worse than Frenchies. But you're acting as if they're all the same, while you might as well find a Frenchie with that attitude as a...dunno, Peruvian with that attitude.

I've only met one guy from from the Netherlands, and he was for the most part pretty amiable (Though, funny enough, he also though France was a hellhole). However, I have FAMILY from Quebec. Or had- They disowned my entire branch of the family because we don't speak any French. Sure, anyone can be outrageously snobbish. It's just disgustingly prevalent amongst the French.

I said it wouldn't surprise me, not that it's the same then as it is now. Again, I wouldn't know about the Dutch. I havn't met any Dutchmen.

Now that I think about it, though, it does seem like the majority of Europe is pretty snobbish... I've heard a lot of really snobby thing come out of the mouths of European leaders. Jacques Cheraque, the former president of France, may be one of the chief reasons I hate the country so much...

I've only met one guy from from the Netherlands, and he was for the most part pretty amiable (Though, funny enough, he also though France was a hellhole). However, I have FAMILY from Quebec. Or had- They disowned my entire branch of the family because we don't speak any French. Sure, anyone can be outrageously snobbish. It's just disgustingly prevalent amongst the French.

I said it wouldn't surprise me, not that it's the same then as it is now. Again, I wouldn't know about the Dutch. I havn't met any Dutchmen.

Now that I think about it, though, it does seem like the majority of Europe is pretty snobbish... I've heard a lot of really snobby thing come out of the mouths of European leaders. Jacques Cheraque, the former president of France, may be one of the chief reasons I hate the country so much...

MassimoDalemaBig.jpg

^Even that one? D:

You might've noticed that I don't really like the Netherlands.

The Frenchmen I met were usually friendly. Though I won't deny that a lot have problems with other languages, and overestimate their own. But this does not deny to all of them.

Yeah...President Herman Van Rompuey or what's his name *raises middlefinger to picture of the guy*

The Frenchmen I met were usually friendly. Though I won't deny that a lot have problems with other languages, and overestimate their own. But this does not deny to all of them.

Yeah...President Herman Van Rompuey or what's his name *raises middlefinger to picture of the guy*

Yeah, I kinda did. :>

French people can be nice if you know some French and try to speak it. If you know no French whatsoever, though... Mobs. Big ones.

I cheered when Cheraque got the boot from office. Maybe they'll stop rioting constantly in Northern France now.

Yeah, I kinda did. :>

French people can be nice if you know some French and try to speak it. If you know no French whatsoever, though... Mobs. Big ones.

I cheered when Cheraque got the boot from office. Maybe they'll stop rioting constantly in Northern France now.

It's even more obvious if you know me in real life.

I didn't know a but of French, the only language I could speak fluently at age 10 was English(and Dutch), but I could read and speak English since I was 5 :/

lol. I did the same when former Belgian Prime Minister Yves Leterme got "fired", became suicidal when he returned last week, though. He nearly killed Belgium before and he'll do it again

Edited by L'aigle de Meaux

I didn't know a but of French, the only language I could speak fluently at age 10 was English(and Dutch), but I could read and speak English since I was 5 :/

lol. I did the same when former Belgian Prime Minister Yves Leterme got "fired", became suicidal when he returned last week, though. He nearly killed Belgium before and he'll do it again

You must have found that %1 that doesn't care if you know French or not, then. Good job!

Ironically, America's current president may have the opposite problem. I think he's apologized to every country in the world by now- Several of which (Cuba, Venezuela, IRAN) do not deserve it. I swear to god, that guy is gonna have another 9/11 on his hands by the end of his first term, with the way he's making America look right now... Which is something that scares the living daylights outta me, by the way.

You must have found that %1 that doesn't care if you know French or not, then. Good job!

Ironically, America's current president may have the opposite problem. I think he's apologized to every country in the world by now- Several of which (Cuba, Venezuela, IRAN) do not deserve it. I swear to god, that guy is gonna have another 9/11 on his hands by the end of his first term, with the way he's making America look right now... Which is something that scares the living daylights outta me, by the way.

Yes, French are proud, but I think that you are just prejudiced against them

I said the same the day Obama got elected. Yes, I care about what happens in America

I said the same the day Obama got elected. Yes, I care about what happens in America

Even Dio, who lives near Quebec, can't stand those guys. Hell, someone said a while back they'd be HAPPY if Quebec secceeded from Canada... :/

Quite a few people do. I think Israel is the one country that got screwed over more by Obama getting elected than America itself did, because Obama and company want to throw them to the wolves, IE Iran.

Even Dio, who lives near Quebec, can't stand those guys. Hell, someone said a while back they'd be HAPPY if Quebec secceeded from Canada... :/

Quite a few people do. I think Israel is the one country that got screwed over more by Obama getting elected than America itself did, because Obama and company want to throw them to the wolves, IE Iran.

Well, I don't know about Quebec. But the French people I know are really OK, my teacher's from South-France, for example.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got assasinated

Well, I don't know about Quebec. But the French people I know are really OK, my teacher's from South-France, for example.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got assasinated

Southern France is more like Spain, though. And Spanish people are fun... Northern France is full of Rioters, on the other hand.

I hope not. I don't need that moron to become a martyr. Hell, Now that you mention it, considering his use of Chicago-Style Politics in the past and present, I wouldn't be surprised if his administration staged an assassination attempt to gain sympathy for him once re-election time comes round...

I want to be the most hated usertron on Serenes Forest.

You need to beat out Da Woes first. Good luck.