Forgive and Forget?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you forgive and forget?

• Forgive but don't forget
    • Forget but don't forgive
    • Forgive and Forget
    • Don't forgive or forget
    • Depends on the situation

Do you forgive and forget, or one of the 2, or don't forgive or forget at all?

Personally, I never forgive or forget. I'm the sort of the person that can easily hold grudges against people and will not forget what made me pissed off at them.

I'm torn. I'm rather forgiving, but not too forgetting. Usually I'll bring a past thing up as a joke, so I guess it really doesn't count as forgetting. I guess I'll go with forgive but do not forget. But often I do forget... I dunno.

Depends on the situation. If the person really felt sorry for what he/she did and actually asked for forgiveness, then I forgive and forget. If they just act like it never happened and show no remorse, then I don't.

btw second option makes no sense. How could you forget something that someone did and still hold grudges around that?

I don't forgive people for things, but I won't give anyone a hard time if they don't deserve it and generally, if it wasn't too big, whatever problem I had will soon enough be eclipsed by positive things or forgotten.

btw second option makes no sense. How could you forget something that someone did and still hold grudges around that?

It sort of makes sense, I do it all the time when i think of something someone did to me but I don't remember what the something was.

I'm the sort of person to remember these things I can hold a grudge forever.

Edited by AmeIia

I'm quick to forgive, because we all do stupid things from time to time. In the long run I find that holding any sort of grudge does me a hell of a lot more harm than it does to the other person. However, I have an elephant's memory when it comes to peoples' actions, so it takes a while to completely or near-completely remove an offense from my mind. I also try to keep past issues in mind so that I can see whether or not the person is genuinely attempting to redress their wrongs. So to sum it up, my basic method is forgive as soon as possible, and forget when the other party earns it.

It depends on the harshness of the situation in hand... Some things people have done have affected my thoughts on them so much that I can never forget what they did. I may very well forgive the person, but even the slightest friction and negativity between us can trigger past events in my mind, and make me feel less tolerant towards them.

So yes, I forgive and forget lesser, minor events, but I forgive yet never forget larger events which really fuck with me.

I do, and that's thanks to a certain few people who I'm very close to who showed me that holding a grudge towards all kinds of people makes you look like an idiot and brings more harm than good in the long run.

I think it's a worthless stress to hold a grudge on someone. Obviously as long as the event isn't extreme (like you killed a loved one of mine or you stole something very valuable to me), I'll quickly forgive that person.

I do the same thing ZXValaRevan does; I bring them up as jokes. I'm not sure if that counts as "forgetting," but whatever. I forgive and act like it never happened, I guess. Unless the person pisses me off again.

Also: WTF? Why does this weird clown picture come up when I type "RRevan" (without one of the "Rs")?

EX: rainbowwig2.jpg

Edited by Santa Snake

I can always forgive, and even be your best friend afterwards, but as far as forgetting goes... well... let's just say I can forget the event as a "negative" one, but not forget it as a memory altogether, hell if I could do that, I'd be so blissfully happy! No bad memories of the past. Just good ones... awesome :awesome:

SnakeStein's right. That stupid clown picture almost ruined my battle of the minds segments. It's a damn good thing that I preview my posts... sheesh... :facepalm:

Edited by Phoenix

I don't hold deep grudges in general, so the need to "forgive and forget" rarely arises.

When I do hold a grudge, though, it tends to outlast any actual anger and to just become a casual thing.

Edited by Der Kommissar

What's the point of forgiving and then forgetting, when you could just forget in the first place?

Anyway, I am a forgiving person, but I don't easily forget stuff.

Why could we want to forget? Forgetting bad things happened to you will kill you someday.

Edited by Ga-rei Sulley