This game's difficulty is overrated

Iced

25 members have voted

1. 1. This games difficulty is overrated

• yeah defiantly
    • no way!
    • just wait till you play hard mode

FE6 is said to be one of the harder games yet I didn't find it that hard, though I did start it expecting something like FE10-5 difficulty (which admittedly is more frustrating than anything else). Yes it is far harder than FE7 though it is just hard enough to make it more fun in my opinion.

I don't know maybe the challenge really picks up in the later chapters I am only on Chap 18 after all, or maybe Hard is where it's really at?

what do you guys think about this.

on an unrelated note though, this is shaping up to be one of my favorites in the series perhaps replacing POR.

yeah I did hate C 14 fog and sand is just cruel.

maybe it's my team? should I post them? what level should you be at around C18?

Well, most of FE6 HM's difficulty lies in the early chapters, it isn't that hard endgame IMO. Chapters 1 thru 7 are really hard, then the Ostia + Western Isles isn't too hard (Klein & Tate chapter is just very annoying). The difficulty spikes in Chapter 14 because of Desert and Sophia, but it gets easier as you go on, especially if you opt to go for the Ilia route. Sacae is harder due to the nomads and stuff, but physical tanks (like Miledy w/ Delphi Shield) work quite well.

Endgame status staffs are annoying as heck but aside from that it isn't hard, the wyvern swarms are pretty overrated IMO since only the Wyvern Lords are dangerous. Dragons are easy to deal with, obviously.

Let's see...

Both books in FE3 are easier.

FE4's easier.

FE8's easier.

FE7's easier.

FE9's easier.

FESD's easier save for H5 and possibly H3 and H4.

FE1's easier.

FE2's easier.

So what we have left besides FE6 is FE5 (which some consider easier than FE6 HM due to FE5's "Fake difficulty"), FE10 and FEDS H5.

FE6 is said to be one of the harder games

Valid since there's only 3 other FEs that compete.

Like Aqui said, the earlygame's got a couple of dangers and Heroes aren't all that uncommon later in the game and they pack nice SPD preventing MANY of your units from doubling tem. Then there's weapons generally having lower hit than in FE7 as well as superior stats and existent avoid in the likes of Heroes, Swordmasters and the nomads of Sacae. Ilia's too easy.

Edited by Vergil

It's UNDERRATED, actually. They think all enemies are REALLY bad, they're bad, but many just exagerate about them.

HHM was hard. Eliwood is kinda average, IMO.

Protip: lrn2seeforum.

Just sayin'. Don't want to embarrass yourself :3 And I'd know all about that. :V

On topic; the enemies in this game are rather difficult, especially in the early game.

I only played it twice, but I agree w/ the early game > late game stuff.

The first time I played through sacae i didn't have a restore staff for 20xB so it was pretty tough. But the worst are ch 7, 12, 14 IMO. I did the chapter with douglas slowly so I didn't have a problem with it, but I imagine that one could be difficult too.

Endgame status staffs are annoying as heck but aside from that it isn't hard, the wyvern swarms are pretty overrated IMO since only the Wyvern Lords are dangerous. Dragons are easy to deal with, obviously.

The only part I found difficult about the wyvern swarms was that roy is pretty fragile in C21, so I had to protect him carefully.

Protip: lrn2seeforum.

Just sayin'. Don't want to embarrass yourself :3 And I'd know all about that. :V

I don't know what your talking about, really.

He was advising you to pay more attention to the forum you're posting in because you were talking about FE7 in the FE6 board. :|

He was advising you to pay more attention to the forum you're posting in because you were talking about FE7 in the FE6 board. :|

Thank you, both you Musashi & Allan. Well, FE6's enemies are indeed better than the FE7 ones. :awesome:

So what we have left besides FE6 is FE5 (which some consider easier than FE6 HM due to FE5's "Fake difficulty"), FE10 and FEDS H5.

FE 9 Maniac mode is supposed to rivalize FE 5 as well. Chapter 26 has something around 70 enemies starting on the map.

This said, pretty much everyone nailed it already. Tough beginning, easy chapters from 8x to 13, some spike in the desert, then it's more or less easy if you know what you're doing.

Edited by Hol Horse

FE 9 Maniac mode is supposed to rivalize FE 5 as well. Chapter 26 has something around 70 enemies starting on the map.

This said, pretty much everyone nailed it already. Tough beginning, easy chapters from 8x to 13, some spike in the desert, then it's more or less easy if you know what you're doing.

Fuck dude, why the hell did that have to remove such a juicy difficulty.

Even so, FE6 HM is still one of the "harder"

^basically that. But the RNG in that game is murderous! i mean wtf...

I agree there sue was attacked by 4 or so Wyverns all with 15-20% hit rates on her.... she got hit by every one and died.

Fuck dude, why the hell did that have to remove such a juicy difficulty.

Even so, FE6 HM is still one of the "harder"

Doesn't japanese MM give you perfect weapon ranks for all your characters you transfer?

It's not that good (unless it gives you SS on a level 20 mordy, lethe etc) but I still think it's a kinda neat admission of difficulty if it's true. "here's something extra"

I found this game more annoying than difficult. Enemies appearing at the start of the enemy phase, low weapon Hit, support points, every map is seize, too many recruitable enemies etc.

Maybe I suck but I really find recruiting percy in ch 12 difficult.

Recruiting Percival in Chapter 13 (i assume that's what you meant) is needlessly difficult. He won't contribute much to 13 itself other than murdering the boss, and won't get HM bonuses if you're playing on hard mode. Besides, Chapter 14 is a desert chapter and he takes a huge hit there. It's easier to recruit him in Chapter 15, and you only need to send Lalum over. You need some kind of rescue chain to recruit Percival in 13 and deal with the cavs up north, which is pretty tricky to pull off.

Doesn't japanese MM give you perfect weapon ranks for all your characters you transfer?

It's not that good (unless it gives you SS on a level 20 mordy, lethe etc) but I still think it's a kinda neat admission of difficulty if it's true. "here's something extra"

That's for when you Transfer MM FE 9 to FE 10. Doesn't seem all that useful, considering it wouldn't transfer weapon levels that wouldn't transfer ( knives, strikes, Rhys' light rank, any lost weapons in transition ).

A fun thing would be Brom being able to use Lucia's Silver Sword in 2-2 while he's still stuck with a Steel Axe at best.