Archetype suggestions and questions

Luminothe

I have begun to think that there is a possibility that A.) there may be a new archetype on the horison, and B.) there has been a commonly ignored subtype for a long while. I want to describe my ideas and discuss with others.

irst of all, I think that there is a possibility that there may be a "Stefan" archetype, depending on the content of future fire emblem games. The 2 requirements for this archetype would be(it is possible that in the future, "Stefan" units may only have 1 requirement, but it make s the most sense that they would have both): the first requirement is, A "stefan" must be a recruitable character. The game must give extremely(I mean extremely extremely) subtle/no inclination that this character is recruitable. The second requirement is that the method of recruiting must be very far from the norm. The method of recruitment should also be impossible/near impossible to figure out before hand and the recruitment of the "stefan" extremely unlikely to accidentally "happen".

Also, carrying ou the recruitment of a "Stefan" should be difficult to perform.

Examples of Stefans:

Stefan FE9/10

Lehran FE10

This next one will most likekly earn me a few flames, mockery, and ridicule but I'll say it anyway. I believe that the est archetupe should actually be split into 2 archetypes.Pure "Est"'s and "Corpul"'s . Pure ests would be just like est, they come very late but when trained, turn out amazing. However a "corpul" would only fit some requirements of an "est". Perhaps they come late but do not turn out to be outstanding, but only decent(Sophiya). Or maybe they have est like stats but come a bit earlier then one may expect an est to(L'arachel). Or maybe that est character would come with a unique quality that makes that person useful, even if they have only slightly above average stats or come earlier(Tormod with celerity(FE9) and Elincia being a flying healer(FE9) ).

Examples of pure ests:

Est

Nino

miranda

Zeiss(he surpasses miledy in some stats)

Leaf(FE4) (tell me if this is alright, he comes lateĀ® and, being a prince, is hard to train)

Exmaples of Corpuls

Corpul

L'arachel

Elincia(FE9)

Tormod(FE9)

Sophia

Pelleas(don't chastize me for this one, I got off of FE wiki >_<)

Fiona

Sara

Tell me if you disagree, or think I need to add/remove stuff, please make it constructive(and don't chastize me for including X charcter as an Est, I got this from sources other than my own opinion).

Edited by Luminothe

Sara's more of a Corpul and Fiona/Pelleas/Sophia as Corpuls is just plain laughable. The real name of this "Archetype" would be Ellis: Late joining underleveled character that has some form of utility which requires no training.

Edited by Vergil

For your first one, how is it even an archetype if only two characters that fit it exist? Even if another one comes in the next game, I wouldn't consider it an archetype since it did take until the 9th game to start.

As for your second one, sub-archetypes ftl. All they're good for is petty flame wars like "NO, JEIGAN" "NO, OIFAYE"!

I disagree with many of the statements.

Lehran vs Micaiah

Micaiah: You... I've heard about you. Have we... met before?

Sephiran: The Silver-Haired Maiden. It's taken so long to finally meet you. If I had known you still lived, I.. I... No, it's too late. This changes nothing. I cannot falter.

Micaiah: What is the matter with you?

Sephiran: I'm just overly sensitive. Don't feign concern over me.

(Micaiah will attack, but Sephiran will not)

The Est units aren't "amazing", they are just above average.

Zeiss an Est? LOL.

Miledy's endstats>Zeiss' endstats.

Change the list. Whoever put Zeiss as an Est was definitely joking.

It should be edited otherwise it is misleading.

Impossible to figure out about Stefan beforehand?

Base conversation.

Katua>Est also.

Nephinel doesn't think that Fiona is really an Est or a Corpul character. It may seem that way because she comes near the end of Part 1, but that's only the first part of the game.

Edited by Nephinel

The Corpul category seems to be filled with all magic units >_>

L'Arachel isn't really an Est, considering the fact that she arrives halfway through the game.

Fiona is in the "suck" category, a group of characters that join somewhat early but fail at life, mainly due to lol base stats. Others include Meg, Astrid, Lyre, Vyland, Roshea, FE3 Zagaro, FE3 Wolf, etc.

Examples of Stefans:

Stefan FE9/10

Lehran FE10

No. There should be a Swordmsater with mediocre luck:

Shanam

Karel FE6/7

Stefan

Examples of pure ests:

Est

Nino

miranda

Sara

Zeiss

No. Zeiss is not even an Est, an Est must come late and have decent growths, his Spd is bad, he doesn't even specialize in Def. Miledy does better, they're about the same when trained.

Exmaples of Corpuls

Corpul

L'arachel

Elincia(FE9)

Tormod(FE9)

Sophia

Pelleas(don't chastize me for this one, I got off of FE wiki >_<)

Fiona

At all the bolded. No, just...no. Those are considered Est, Tormod isn't even a staff user to begin with. Sophya is no Est archtype either, as stated, Est must have better growths, she relies on Mag & Res mostly, the rest of her growths are low. The only thing she bares more than most Mag users is a higher HP growth, but her base is still low.

Ests are Ests and only Ests, A.K.A. some of the shittiest characters in the game for one reason or another.

Est, Corpul, Miranda, Nino, Sara, Zeiss, Pelleas, Sofiya, FE9 Elincia, etc.

Also, I recommend we change the name of the Oifaye Archetype to the Sigurd Archetype.

SIGURD: A pre-promoted character who remains awesome throughout the entire game.

Sigurd, Oifaye, Titania, Seth, and FE7 Marcus are such examples.

SIGURD: A pre-promoted character who remains awesome throughout the entire game.

I suppose that would be Sirius since he's the first that fits this nature, The Oifaye name comes from the fact he's there in the first chapter of his generation.

Sigurd's just the most broken lord in the series who fits the Sirius archetype.

Edited by Vergil

Basically, Ike doesn't become broken until after promotion and he gets Aether.

Ike is way more broken in Path of Radiance. Promotion, a full set of weapons (or just Ragnell), elixirs, and Aether. He basically laughs at Hard mode.

He's not as broken in Radiant Dawn because near the end of the game you'll need the most powerful units you can have on your team for the Endgame of Part 4.

What about the enigmatic villager archtype or am I a millenium too late?

eg FE6/7 Ursula + Murdoch

FE8 Selena

FE9 Nasir

FE10 Kurth

FEDS Camus

First: am I missing any ests/corpuls in that list? if so, tell me!!! Also, l'arachel is considered a corpul because she turns out good/ comes at a low level when you get her/ is hard to train, but come a bit earlier than most ests. Also, the reason Tormod is considered a corpul becuase he comes at a much lower level than the rest of your party and he gets celerity. I'll move sara to the corpuls.

Second: I am asking whether you think the Stefan like chracter willl be cpntinued in games to come to form an archtype!! Why does no one ever understand what i'm trying to ask!!!

*NOTE* the ephidel arcgetype

Stefan isn't really an archetype, since I can only count about five off the top of my head, which doesn't really constitute as its own archetype.

I also think there should be the Badass (Old) Man archetype that vary on extremes of utility.

FE1: Lawrence

FE2: Maisen

FE3: Sirius

FE4: Aless

FE5: Conomore

FE6: Dayan

FE7: Renault (Athos doesn't count since he's a Gotoh)

FE8: Duessel

FE9: Tauroneo

FE10: Renning

Notice how 8/10 of them are on horses.

Request:

Eyvel archetype:

- Initially strong unit that eventually leaves your party. Examples include Eyvel, Orson, Shinon/Gatrie, and Tauroneo/BK/Nailah.

Nils/Ninian archetype:

- Initially joins your party purely as a 'plot character', and will not actually fight, but will be present during dialogue. Will later turn out to be a Dragon. Examples include Nils/Ninian, Myrrh, FE9 Nasir, and FE10 Kurth.

Also, splitting of Est archetype is largely unnecessary, since it's not like it's a really large archetype anyway, with maybe 1 or 2 characters per game.

Eyvel is a jeigan.

Not enough for the Nils/Ninian archetype. And they do 'fight'.

And Orson, and Shinon/Gatrie, and Taur/BK/Nailah? Are they also Jeigans? Nailah is still good at the end of the game, for example.

They don't 'fight' straight away though. It's generally not until lategame that they start stomping stuff.