FE5 THREAD

CT075

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never played FE5. I am considering doing so after FE4.

I assume it's going to be more then a little harder? ;P

The maps are not the size of FE4 maps but some are quite lage.

The AI is smarter than most FE AI's.

Also the caps are set to 20 for EVERYONE.

I've never played FE5. I am considering doing so after FE4.

I assume it's going to be more then a little harder? ;P

Compared to FE4? Yes, it's harder.

Also, you need to know that capturing is the key to this game. You can captures enemies and take their stuff. Shops are unreliable because weapons are extremely expensive.

Oh, and certain staves are super-useful in this game.

EDIT: As for promotion, you need to use a Knight Crest once a character reaches level 10 or more. Levels reset.

Edited by LightBrand99

Adding to what Lightbrand and ALS said:

Status effects are permanent in this game till you use a restore staff or if you end the map

Reinforcements appear on beginning of enemy phase

Expect the RNG to really screw you up

99% hit is the max hit percentage.

Sounds like I'll be going with the "save state at the beginning of every turn" for reasons that aren't involved with my computer disliking ZSNES, then~ Thanks for the advice ^^;

As a general question, anyone try out any of the FEBinary hacks of this game? =O

Sounds like I'll be going with the "save state at the beginning of every turn" for reasons that aren't involved with my computer disliking ZSNES, then~ Thanks for the advice ^^;

As a general question, anyone try out any of the FEBinary hacks of this game? =O

I'm playing all of them already, it will take a good chunk of my holidays. >_>

Yeah, 99% is the max and 1% is the minimum. In other words, you can never guarantee a hit/dodge.

Also, another important thing is that some chapters require all your units to escape to a particular square (shown as a red arrow) to complete it. The chapter ends when Leaf reaches that square and whoever stays behind will become PoW for the enemy (you won't be able to use them until you reach a sidequest really late in the game). So make sure, in any of those chapters, Leaf is ALWAYS the last one to escape.

Ballistae, especially Iron Arch, are also big threats now because now they actually have some Hit rate. Their accuracy is also further boosted by leadership stars that the enemy leaders possess. Be especially careful when you're putting units with the Charge skill (lolselphina) in the range of a ballista, because Charge prolongs the battle, making the ballistae shoot twice.

There's a priest that likes to put your units to sleep : put HIM to sleep. He's under the boss I believe.

Use the forests wisely. Delmud's Charisma is very helpful

Send a magician to deal with the Dragon Knights south. Anything with Wind, basically.

Linoan promotes at the church on the right.

The boss has Blizzard, so silence him or you might be put to sleep.

Poison is common in this chapter. Antidotes will be useful.

Edited by Dr. Rockzo

iirc there were a lot of ballistae near the end of Ch 21. I remember sending Xavier into the Ballistae range. He Pressure stalled them till they ran out of PP and then I sent the rest of my army to deal with everyone else.