Sonic Unleashed

Nephinel

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you consider superior?

• Xbox 360/Playstation 3
    • Wii/ Playstation 2
  2. 2. Which version do you prefer?

• Xbox 360/Playstation 3
    • Wii/Playstation 2

Nephinel is considering purchasing this game for my Wii; it has been a long time since I have played a recent Sonic game (I don't count Sonic 2006 because that was just horrible).

How is the Wii/PS2 versions any more different than the X360/PS3 versions? I heard that they use a different game engine and some stages were excluded, but that's about it.

The Wii/PS2 has a bunch of stuff taken out. But most of it was stupid bullshit that didn't need to be in there anyways (MEDAL GRINDING AND AIRPLANE MISSIONS FOR EXAMPLE), and it also has a less retarded final boss (the Wii/PS2 versions final boss is awesome)

*Shoots last poster*

Anyway I think the 360/PS3 version is a little better, the Day stages capture what Sonic is known for, while the night stages are a pain sometimes can be fun, atleast in my opinion, plus there are more attacks for the Werehog in the 360/PS3 Version and you can level up Sonic's speed and Ring Energy.

Night stages were boring for me. Spam L and R. Move forward. Keep spamming L and R. Click the Z button to go unleashed. Jump up. It was really too slow for a sonic game there. Plus the fact that only one temple was a light temple was dumb. Day stages are awesome. I've only played the wii one though.

*Shoots last poster*

Anyway I think the 360/PS3 version is a little better, the Day stages capture what Sonic is known for, while the night stages are a pain sometimes can be fun, atleast in my opinion, plus there are more attacks for the Werehog in the 360/PS3 Version and you can level up Sonic's speed and Ring Energy.

In Wii/PS2 Unleashed day Sonic is 'max level' by default iirc.

Sonic is awesome.

Oh wait, I already said that.

Er... yeah. It's even more awesome now. Unleashed, Sonic 360/PS3, Black Knight, Secret Rings, and Heroes are all great games!

I haven't played Next gen or secret rings yet. T.T

Edited by BlackKnight666

The Wii/PS2 has a bunch of stuff taken out. But most of it was stupid bullshit that didn't need to be in there anyways (MEDAL GRINDING AND AIRPLANE MISSIONS FOR EXAMPLE), and it also has a less retarded final boss (the Wii/PS2 versions final boss is awesome)

Who is the final boss in the other versions?

Who is the final boss in the other versions?

It's the same final boss for all versions only the 360/PS3 versions is drastically different.

here see for yourself.

360/PS3

Wii/PS2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22bkrsNC2Pc

Edited by Organization # XIII Roxas

I only played the wii version. night missions were really boring, what made them more boring was the fact that i coulnd't get used to the wiimote controls and the gamecube controller is weird(the a button gets stucked and the charascter moves a lone without me doing anytrhing.) The day missions were a lot of fun though.

Sonic is ghey.

Oh wait, I already said that.

Er... yeah. It's ghey now. Unleashed, Sonic 360/PS3, Black Knight, Secret Rings, and Heroes are all bad games.

*argues like a 9- year- old fan- boy that he's straight*

I KNO RITE

A majority of sonic pairings either involve SonicXTails, SonicXKnuckles, SonicXShadow, SonicXJet, and even SonicXEggman. wtf

I can only count three femme pairings off the top of my head.

I KNO RITE

A majority of sonic pairings either involve SonicXTails, SonicXKnuckles, SonicXShadow, SonicXJet, and even SonicXEggman. wtf

I can only count three femme pairings off the top of my head.

Aren't there only like 5 females in the entire Sonic universe?

• 2 weeks later...

I see a lot of stupid in the thread.

Empire City wasn't in the Wii/PS2 version.

The Werehog controls were absolute shit.

Day stages were gimped.

No Mazuri either.

Bosses were 100% more crap than the 360/PS3 version.

It's not even a subjective statement to say that Sonic has now gone to shit, and that Unleashed is one of the worst games ever made.

Get a better game. Like No More Heroes.

NMH2 is coming out in a few days as well, which I will be basking in.

Sonic Unleashed isn't one of the worst games ever made. You haven't played very many video games. Also Unleashed isn't as bad as, for example, Sonic '06 and even that glitch-filled piece of shit couldn't be called one of the worst games ever. Sonic Unleashed is not a good game, don't get me wrong.

No More Heroes isn't Sin and Punishment.

No More Heroes 2 isn't Sin and Punishment 2

Sin and Punishment is great. Its' controls are awkward at first but unless you're mentally retarded it should take a mere yoctosecond for you to understand them 100% and be able to play it perfectly. And why the hell should I care about the story anyways? Also NMH's story is about a guy who's killing hundreds of people to get laid, basically.

Sin and Punishment 2's shooting is pointer controlled anyways, so whatever issues you have with S&P's mechanics are invalid for it