Ilyana

Lilmik11

Ilyana  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Now,is she good?

• She's really good,if you train her well!
    • She's good as a second ArchSage,and that's it.Soren kick her ass anytime.
    • Having her around never hurt anyone,she can be useful.
    • MEH,she's garbage.

She was SOO good in POR!But now,it seems they nerfed her A LOT.She comes at level.14 with 22 HP,which is kind of bad.If you want,you can train her,I mean,she IS the character with the most availabality of the whole game,so she doesn't need effort to raise.Even so,she's speed screwed,but she still can be useful against a certain black dragon...Anyway,how do you see her?

Edited by Lilmik11

She's okay just that her growth spread gets her screwed and also since thunder tomes were nerfed she (depending on how her stats end up when she joins the Greil Mercenaries) will need to be fed kills since she does weak damage.

Edited by Patchouli

useful for a few chapters in the DB since she can do a decent amount of chip damage with her thunder magic. Then part 3 rolls around and yeah, she's far too underleveled to be any sort of positive. that's pretty much Ilyana in a nutshell.

Edited by Ardan

It's strange that FE9 Ilyana actually has worse stats and starting level than FE10 Ilyana, but the vastly improved enemy stats take her from 'needs a Speedwing to double consistently' to 'never doubles'.

Although since Part 1 is so difficult, a chip-damage unit is always helpful, and she ferries items to the GMs. Which is nice, I guess.

My-un-tier-correct words:

If you use her she'll be good (needs a little babying but babying is easy in this game without much penalty for the others), if you don't she'll suck. In my second playthrough I used her as one of my main ~20 and she capped everything. Of course personal experience and all that.

Edit: And I never found her useful in PoR, though I never tried much.

Edited by Biney

She's good if she's trained :) thats my vote. All mages are inferior to Micaiah, but her magic is still good against wyverns and I don't like Soren at all so I don't use him but for the first chapter. Callil and everyone else have no availability so I make Ily tag along.

My experience with this game is that it is easy to draw out battles for exp, so everyone can easily be trained to max level. Without boss abuse that is. Every mage I've trained to max level has capped everything.

Edit: I don't mean that everyone can be trained to max level in the same playthrough though.

Edited by Biney

Well, I actually think that her ridiculous availability makes her the third most useful mage in the game (Mickey and Soren being 1 and 2)... on EM and NM. On HM, she's not going to get the Exp, and the DB shouldn't let her have it - they need it all for themselves. Of course, thunder magic... is awful, but still, she's not bad. Mag, Skl, Res (possibly Str and Spd with wings and a bit of BExp abuse) transfers help too. I think that, given her bases, level 9 seems appropriate for her to start. As it is, Soren and Micaiah are going to crush her, but she's easily the third best magic user in the game (Everyone else has too many availability issues - I'm looking at you, Tormod, Sanaki, Bastian, Pelleas, and especially you Lehran. Calill has 6 chapters before endgame and that's good availability for a mage). Of course, since every magic user not named Micaiah or Soren is awful (I am not counting Mist [not great] or Elincia [really great] as mages), this doesn't say a lot. So, use her (I do), but she won't be the greatest. Rexbolting the dragons is fun though, I will say from experience.

She was SOO good in POR!But now,it seems they nerfed her A LOT.She comes at level.14 with 22 HP,which is kind of bad.If you want,you can train her,I mean,she IS the character with the most availabality of the whole game,so she doesn't need effort to raise.Even so,she's speed screwed,but she still can be useful against a certain black dragon...Anyway,how do you see her?

According to http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/char_base.html it's level 12, not 14. Of course, she still has bad HP for her level, so your point's still a good one.

Edited by Randomly Predictable?