A Funny Idea

Kinata

Since the BK is comes at level 20 at full skill capacity, there aren't many ways to improve him. However, I'm guessing you can give him stat boosters. So wouldn't it be interesting if you gave him all possible stat boosters before you fought him? You can give him:

An energy drop

2 speedwings

3 Ashera Icons

3 dracoshields

And for the lulz:

A spirit dust

A talisman

2 statue frags

An arms scroll (for lances)

If someone tries to do this, the BK will have 34 speed, capped strength, capped defense, capped magic, and capped weapon levels. With his high speed, Ike won't even be able to double him without a brave weapon.

Edited by kinata

Since the BK is comes at level 20 at full skill capacity, there aren't many ways to improve him. However, I'm guessing you can give him stat boosters. So wouldn't it be interesting if you gave him all possible stat boosters before you fought him? You can give him:

An energy drop

2 speedwings

3 Ashera Icons

3 dracoshields

And for the lulz:

A spirit dust

2 statue frags

An arms scroll (for lances)

If someone tries to do this, the BK will have 34 speed, capped strength, capped defense, capped magic, and capped weapon levels. With his high speed, Ike won't even be able to double him without a brave weapon.

You could always hack him to level 19.99 and have him level over and over till he maxes all of his stats. o.o

I'll add that to the things to try. :)

You could always hack him to level 19.99 and have him level over and over till he maxes all of his stats. o.o

His growths are 0% for every stat. You will get either 0 or 1 stats per level up. (I don't know if 0% growth stats get affected by the rigged "always 1 stat in a level up").

And if I'm not mistaken I recall seeing a post either here or somewhere else that showed that the BK's stats reset even if you give him stat boosters or raise his weapon rank. His lance rank was raised to SS, when he appeared again he had it back to S. However I can't remeber exacly from which chapter (3-6, 3-7 or 4-E-2)this was taken from.

Edited by Krad

His growths are 0% for every stat. You will get either 0 or 1 stats per level up. (I don't know if 0% growth stats get affected by the rigged "always 1 stat in a level up").

And if I'm not mistaken I recall seeing a post either here or somewhere else that showed that the BK's stats reset even if you give him stat boosters or raise his weapon rank. His lance rank was raised to SS, when he appeared again he had it back to S. However I can't remeber exacly from which chapter (3-6, 3-7 or 4-E-2)this was taken from.

I am almost positive that it will allow it. I will have to check. :S Another thing on the list. If not that, I could hack in statboosters. :/

On the SF page of boss stats, the BK is given specific stats, not the usual "same as player," suggesting that he is programmed to always be the same when fought. Also, in easy mode, the BK doesn't have imbue when you fight him, but according to character data, he always as imbue when he's a part of your team, no matter what difficulty. Anyway, maybe giving him stat boosters will work when you fight him in 3-7. Give him all the possible stat boosters and have an abused axe-user (Haar) kill him with hammer.

I'm not sure of all the chapters that the BK appears in, but I took a look through the data and found that DARKKNIGHT_0 (Dark Knight being his Japanese name) is used in Part 1 Chapter 9, Part 3 Chapter 7 and Part 4 Chapter 3. Meanwhile DARKKNIGHT is used in Part 4 Endgame-2.

So only the first three BK encounters allow him a chance of inheriting stats.

I'm guessing that the DARKKNIGHT is only used in 4-E-2, while the other is used in the rest of his chapters. If that's correct, then you can fight a beefed up BK in 3-7 like I hoped.

I'm not sure of all the chapters that the BK appears in, but I took a look through the data and found that DARKKNIGHT_0 (Dark Knight being his Japanese name) is used in Part 1 Chapter 9, Part 3 Chapter 7 and Part 4 Chapter 3. Meanwhile DARKKNIGHT is used in Part 4 Endgame-2.

So only the first three BK encounters allow him a chance of inheriting stats.

He has two spots. I forgot about that. :/

I keep failing and forgetting things. -_-

Well, since stat boosters don't affect the black knight as a boss, I wonder if you could hack into the game and change it so that they are both the same Black knight. Or it would also be pretty cool to hack the game so you can use the black knight to fight the second black knight.

Well, since stat boosters don't affect the black knight as a boss, I wonder if you could hack into the game and change it so that they are both the same Black knight. Or it would also be pretty cool to hack the game so you can use the black knight to fight the second black knight.

It would probably be easier to simply make the game put the BK that appears in 1-9, 1-E, 3-6, and 3-7 appear in 4-E-2 as well, rather than try to merge the two BK data together. That way, you can beef up the BK with stat boosters all you want and fight that same BK (now boosted). It's also good if you want to fight the BK with his imbue skill on EM.