Hacking Ideas

Bryan

Guest Goldie
Yes, you can do it for characters specifically too.

How would you go about doing that? You're not talking about rewriting the game code, right?

Oops! I thought he was talking about base stats, sorry

No, caps are class specific..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you go about doing that? You're not talking about rewriting the game code, right?

Lol :)

If you edited a characters caps, it would make everyone different. It would just be to much work.

Lol :)

If you edited a characters caps, it would make everyone different. It would just be to much work.

Oh. Sorry then, It would have been nice to do. Of course, sages as a class do still need more speed, and male dragonlords (a.k.a. Haar) need some nerfing, and a couple of other things. It would have been nice to be able to edit character caps though...

Oh. Sorry then, It would have been nice to do. Of course, sages as a class do still need more speed, and male dragonlords (a.k.a. Haar) need some nerfing, and a couple of other things. It would have been nice to be able to edit character caps though...

That is one of the only things I would do. That and raise the Might/ Uses of Magic. If you can't tell, I'ma magic fanboy.

That is one of the only things I would do. That and raise the Might/ Uses of Magic. If you can't tell, I'ma magic fanboy.

Agreed on both points. Sages went from a tier 2 28 cap to a tier 3 30-32 cap. And here I was led to believe that sages were supposed to be fast to compensate for zero concrete durability. I guess RD showed that I was wrong. And I find it hard to believe that a book is going to fall apart and break after it was used a mere 15 times. 35 is the minimum uses the SS tomes should have. I'm not so sure about strengthening magic though. Perhaps +1 Mt and make thunder a bit more accurate.

Bottom line: I would give all sages +5 to their speed caps

Agreed on both points. Sages went from a tier 2 28 cap to a tier 3 30-32 cap. And here I was led to believe that sages were supposed to be fast to compensate for zero concrete durability. I guess RD showed that I was wrong. And I find it hard to believe that a book is going to fall apart and break after it was used a mere 15 times. 35 is the minimum uses the SS tomes should have. I'm not so sure about strengthening magic though. Perhaps +1 Mt and make thunder a bit more accurate.

Bottom line: I would give all sages +5 to their speed caps

It really should be fifty. :/

That was excatly what I was thinking. o.O

We should make an FE10 Balance Patch.

Magic users get higher speed caps/growths. They are not armored AND they are slow? WTF.

Res growths go down on all non-mage characters. Why the F do armors have a ton of resistance? They are supposed to be weak against magic.

Raise the Mt & uses of tomes. (WTH at 15 uses for the SS tomes vs. the SS Weapons w/ 50! That is blatant screwing)

Raising the Speed Cap for Palies

Volke & Bastian join at 2-E? (2nd tier. ~Level 18 or so, and come back around 3-E, as NPCs) (Is this possible? Can we add a small sript like "We're here!")

Anything else? That was all I could come up with off the top of my head. (I know there are others)

Magic users get higher speed caps/growths. They are not armored AND they are slow? WTF.

Res growths go down on all non-mage characters. Why the F do armors have a ton of resistance? They are supposed to be weak against magic.

Raise the Mt & uses of tomes. (WTH at 15 uses for the SS tomes vs. the SS Weapons w/ 50! That is blatant screwing)

Volke & Bastian join at 2-E? (2nd tier. ~Level 18 or so, and come back around 3-E, as NPCs) (Is this possible? Can we add a small sript like "We're here!")

Anything else? That was all I could come up with off the top of my head. (I know there are others)

What about the masteries? If you can, I'd like to see them get some significant nerfing. I've got a thread going about that on this board if you want to join in. And --/18 is overkill for 2-E. Send them to 20/14 or so, and let them join in 3-11 (the bridge level). The Apostle's army needs Volke's 20K anyway.

If we're forced to take them to the tower, lets give Ena and Kurth +5 levels. I don't care that Kurth'll be stronger in 3-E. It's not like he's hard to kill anyway. They're dragons, after all, let's actually give them good stats. Oh, and the unholy trinity (Lyre, Astrid, and Fiona) + Meg needs some major boosting. Meg and Fiona need a makeover. And bring the LEA back before 4-4 (I'm thinking 3-2 or 3-5, myself). Ilyana stays with the DB (but, as per the previous suggestion, the LEA can ferry items now). Any more suggestions?

What about the masteries? If you can, I'd like to see them get some significant nerfing. I've got a thread going about that on this board if you want to join in. And --/18 is overkill for 2-E. Send them to 20/14 or so, and let them join in 3-11 (the bridge level). The Apostle's army needs Volke's 20K anyway.

If we're forced to take them to the tower, lets give Ena and Kurth +5 levels. I don't care that Kurth'll be stronger in 3-E. It's not like he's hard to kill anyway. They're dragons, after all, let's actually give them good stats. Oh, and the unholy trinity (Lyre, Astrid, and Fiona) + Meg needs some major boosting. Meg and Fiona need a makeover. And bring the LEA back before 4-4 (I'm thinking 3-2 or 3-5, myself). Ilyana stays with the DB (but, as per the previous suggestion, the LEA can ferry items now). Any more suggestions?

20/14 is more reasonable.

Thanks.

Can we boost Sothe's & Heather's STR cap/growths, and increase the Baselards Might?

And can we remove Sanaki & Sothe from being forced into the tower? (I want to use Volke, but Sothe is forced, so I never use him.)

Edited by Bryan

I'm thinking we can make the whisper str cap 34(M)/33(F). Compared with TB's, this seems reasonable. Sothe already has a 60 str growth, I'll say 65. Heather is getting +20 to 45. Baselard's might is staying at 18, but I think we can raise its crit by 10 to 25 (since TB's are already getting a +20 crit from class anyway). Sanaki needs to go to the tower for story purposes, but Sothe can stay outside.

I'm thinking we can make the whisper str cap 34(M)/33(F). Compared with TB's, this seems reasonable. Sothe already has a 60 str growth, I'll say 65. Heather is getting +20 to 45. Baselard's might is staying at 18, but I think we can raise its crit by 10 to 25 (since TB's are already getting a +20 crit from class anyway). Sanaki needs to go to the tower for story purposes, but Sothe can stay outside.

But, she doesn't actually have to go in. She can go in in the story, just not be playable. Sothe is in the story there too, he just doesn't need to go in. I'm thinking 32/31, so that they are not more powerful than TB.

Can we make the silencer 1 range, that, or mabye Rolf's Bow (It can be used by everyone in this game...)? That way, your archers have an 1 range option outside of the DB.

We should work "Serenes Forest = Win" Into the game script

Edited by Bryan

But, she doesn't actually have to go in. She can go in in the story, just not be playable. Sothe is in the story there too, he just doesn't need to go in. I'm thinking 32/31, so that they are not more powerful than TB.

Can we make the silencer 1 range, that, or mabye Rolf's Bow (It can be used by everyone in this game...)? That way, your archers have an 1 range option outside of the DB.

I increased their str caps to compensate for lower max skill, a worse mastery, and either 5 less HP than Male TB's or 5 less luck than Female TB's. We can go with 33/32 though.

And no, no more 1 range options for archers. Shinon's broken once we get to the tower already. With another 1-range option (other than crossbows), he'd be the best unit in the game. DB is too good as is, and with the marksmen getting 3-range at promotion, they're never taking a counter already.

The game script idea is something I leave to your discretion I make no comment.

I increased their str caps to compensate for lower max skill, a worse mastery, and either 5 less HP than Male TB's or 5 less luck than Female TB's. We can go with 33/32 though.

And no, no more 1 range options for archers. Shinon's broken once we get to the tower already. With another 1-range option (other than crossbows), he'd be the best unit in the game. DB is too good as is, and with the marksmen getting 3-range at promotion, they're never taking a counter already.

The game script idea is something I leave to your discretion I make no comment.

Not Just shinon, Rolf too. Marksmen are uber broken. :/

That remined me, raise the Def/Hp of sages a little bit. 50 is crap for an hp cap.

That remined me, raise the Def/Hp of sages a little bit. 50 is crap for an hp cap.

Not really, in comparison to everything else. Whispers, Seraph Knights, Mickey, Female TB's, Mist, Elincia, and Astrid all have 50 HP cap at max tier. As for the 55 HP classes, Male TB's, Silver Knight Females (Fiona), Jill, and Volke. I'll move Ilyana from 45 cap (What...The...Heck...) to 50, but mages aren't going higher than 50. Not unless you are planning on changing all those HP caps as well. As for defense, Sages are getting 23-25 Def. TB's are getting 26/25, as are whispers. Mist gets 24, and Elincia 26. I'll give saints +2 defense to 24/23, but that's all I can do. Remember, the +5 speed and change in growth rates is giving them more doubling power (therefore, they're not taking enemy phase counters) and +10 avoid, so they're getting more durability that way.

Not really, in comparison to everything else. Whispers, Seraph Knights, Mickey, Female TB's, Mist, Elincia, and Astrid all have 50 HP cap at max tier. As for the 55 HP classes, Male TB's, Silver Knight Females (Fiona), Jill, and Volke. I'll move Ilyana from 45 cap (What...The...Heck...) to 50, but mages aren't going higher than 50. Not unless you are planning on changing all those HP caps as well. As for defense, Sages are getting 23-25 Def. TB's are getting 26/25, as are whispers. Mist gets 24, and Elincia 26. I'll give saints +2 defense to 24/23, but that's all I can do. Remember, the +5 speed and change in growth rates is giving them more doubling power (therefore, they're not taking enemy phase counters) and +10 avoid, so they're getting more durability that way.

People always die so fast in goldies vids because of 50 cap. Its like One round of attacking. :/

People always die so fast in goldies vids because of 50 cap. Its like One round of attacking. :/

True, but I imagine that most enemies not named Dheginsea, the BK, Sephiran, or Ashera are not nearly as powerful as a capped unit. Besides, sages aren't supposed to beat fighters on a level playing field. If they were fighting with 1 range weapons only, it'd start to tip heavily in the favor of the mages (I think there was Mordy v. Soren + Bolganone video, if only I can find it...)

True, but I imagine that most enemies not named Dheginsea, the BK, Sephiran, or Ashera are not nearly as powerful as a capped unit. Besides, sages aren't supposed to beat fighters on a level playing field. If they were fighting with 1 range weapons only, it'd start to tip heavily in the favor of the mages (I think there was Mordy v. Soren + Bolganone video, if only I can find it...)

Either way. I would like to lower RES, up Sage's Speed Growths/ Caps, and Buff their tomes. That is my main goal.

Either way. I would like to lower RES, up Sage's Speed Growths/ Caps, and Buff their tomes. That is my main goal.

Really, the only units that deserve an RES nerf are Halberdiers and Generals. Everything else has pretty lackluster RES as is.

Really, the only units that deserve an RES nerf are Halberdiers and Generals. Everything else has pretty lackluster RES as is.

True... There are SO many of them I forgot about that. We should also add enemy mages, so that there are more mages in the game.

I'd say make all Beorc HP caps 60 like they used to do.

Just my opinion on the matter

That could be a good thing.

I just got the Radiant Dawn ISO, (I own the original.)

I am going to start hacking it soon.

I've been thinking of changing stat caps to make classes more balanced (for example, Micaiah's stat cap total is higher than most other units) and have characters like Tormod to be actually useable.

I want to edit the weapon data and such so that weapons actually look like themselves. I think axes are overrated this time, and swords are nerfed too much. And this game does thunder magic no justiuce.

Now I just need to actually grab the needed tools and open the file. (As of now, I've no idea where to get the tools.)

Wouldn't whispers be ten times better if we just switched bane with lethality?

Hardly. Don't forget Lethality is pretty bad itself. (skill/2)% and if it's on whispers then they don't get the advantage of any innate crit boost to offset their lower mastery proc rate. Besides, Bane still kills anything if it activates on the first hit. You face a counter, but oh well. And if they are killing something, they don't activate Bane anyway so that's not an issue. The only thing is that if they don't do enough damage to KO on the second attack naturally, their mastery will never let them kill something on the second attack. This isn't really a huge problem, though, considering you typically aren't short of characters on player phase to kill something, and even Mist should be able to KO everything that a Whisper banes. So lethality is only really better in two scenarios:

a: you somehow care that they face an extra counter on the rare occasion that they would actually pull off their mastery on the first attack (the 19% of the time it actually activates and lethality would have spared the unit of a counter). As if you can't just heal if they run near death.

b: you care that they leave something for a different unit to kill on the rare occasions they actually even activate Bane on the second hit.

Keep in mind, for b, this only actually matters if you don't have an extra unit available for the kill. It's not like this extra unit faces any damage as a result of your Whisper having Bane instead of something that can KO.

I don't deny that Lethality would be better for them than Bane, but suggesting they'd be 10x better when they'd only be marginally better? Please.

Edited by Narga_Rocks