K-ON! second season greenlit

Florete

Kill me now.

I feel K-On! is hopelessly mediocre, and that it kind of steals the spotlight from far superior things.

Even the music is generic and mediocre, which, considering it is an anime about music to a certain degree, is not a good sign.

It is about music to no degree. It is about the girls having tea and doing nothing at all, while sometimes accidentally showing a shitty music video. Well I guess that is to a certain degree.

It is about music to no degree. It is about the girls having tea and doing nothing at all, while sometimes accidentally showing a shitty music video. Well I guess that is to a certain degree.

You forgot making unfunny jokes, and doing ultra megas moe kawaii desu ne things.

You forgot making unfunny jokes, and doing ultra megas moe kawaii desu ne things.

Why do you think everyone loved it?

You know how the saying goes "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing".

Though what I will say is companies only make these shows because they are safe and given the financial situation the industry is in (due to American companies not being as gullible as they were in the past*) it is make safe shows or close up shop.

Why is it safe? Guaranteed fanbase and thus Blu-Ray/Merchandise sales.

Form what I've heared the anime of K-ON! actually surpasses the original manga and improves on it.

*-ADV Films basically died due to buying half of 2004 regardless of quality and then seeing them flop. Though I do have to wonder what licensing agreements Crunchyroll has since they seem to be the ones who are buying everything now...

Kill me now.

I feel K-On! is hopelessly mediocre, and that it kind of steals the spotlight from far superior things.

Even the music is generic and mediocre, which, considering it is an anime about music to a certain degree, is not a good sign.

I don't think we can be friends anymore

Kill me now.

Dude, c'mon. Convert. :P

It wasn't BAD, so much as it was completely unremarkable. There was nothing particularly well done, or extraordinarily original about it.

Kill me now.

It wasn't BAD, so much as it was completely unremarkable. There was nothing particularly well done, or extraordinarily original about it.

It's a comedy/slice of life show dude. It wasn't meant to be anything extraordinary, just a fun show to watch with quirky characters and some catchy music. Of course, those last two things will probably only apply to fans of this particular genre.

But if you don't like it, just watch Beck or something. :/

Kill me now.

It's a comedy/slice of life show dude. It wasn't meant to be anything extraordinary, just a fun show to watch with quirky characters and some catchy music. Of course, those last two things will probably only apply to fans of this particular genre.

You misunderstand/misrepresent. Just because it is a comedy or slice of life doesn't mean it can't be original or well done. There are comedies and slice of life shows out there that are original and well done. K-On! just isn't one of them.

Kill me now.

You misunderstand/misrepresent. Just because it is a comedy or slice of life doesn't mean it can't be original or well done. There are comedies and slice of life shows out there that are original and well done. K-On! just isn't one of them.

Sorry if you misunderstood me. I meant that K-On in particular wasn't meant to be groundbreaking, I already know that slice of life and/or comedies can have original material. This of course doesn't change the fact that most anime in those genre are created to be more entertaining than original.

Kill me now.

I meant that K-On in particular wasn't meant to be groundbreaking

Then why wasn't it meant to be? Why make something mediocre when you could make something better?

Kill me now.

I meant that K-On in particular wasn't meant to be groundbreaking

Then why wasn't it meant to be? Why make something mediocre when you could make something better?

There are plenty of anime that are made for pure entertainment, and there is nothing wrong with that. Also, whether you enjoy an anime or not is a subjective point of view. Just because you found K-ON mediocre does not change that fact that there are people who loved it.

Edited by Blutsauger

There are plenty of anime that are made for pure entertainment, and there is nothing wrong with that. Also, whether you enjoy an anime or not is a subjective point of view. Just because you found K-ON mediocre does not change that fact that there are people who loved it.

To be completely fair, isn't all anime made for entertainment and money? I mean, I know I wouldn't watch anime if it wasn't entertaining.

And I have to agree with Starwolf_UK. Even though it might not have been the best ever, it's still a safe bet because of a guaranteed fanbase.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

And I have to agree with Starwolf_UK. Even though it might not have been the best ever, it's still a safe bet because of a guaranteed fanbase.

I guess that's what I object to. I object to them doing safe, tried, and plain things without innovation. I dislike stagnation. I would much prefer they take a risk and try to make something better and new. But I guess a risk is a risk, and they don't want to lose money.

So really, I just want people to not watch this type of thing, or not support it, so that they stop making it. :P

To be completely fair, isn't all anime made for entertainment and money? I mean, I know I wouldn't watch anime if it wasn't entertaining.

Well, that is a little obvious. The intent of making money may be a high priority, but that's not to say that the original creator had nothing but moolah on his/her mind.

In my earlier post I intended entertainment to equate to fun in general, but I see how you interpreted it differently.

Kill me now.

ಥ_ಥ

Kill me now.

ಥ_ಥ

Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with you, that is a perfectly natural response to moe blobs.

Me and Hikarusa have just cleared our minds because we are heartless robot brains.