So, is it good?

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is this game good?

• Yes
    • No

I don't own FE11, but most of the reviews on GameFAQs are poor. My time is becoming scarce, so would my time be better spent replaying FE7?

Not intrested in TL;DR reviews, just a simple yes or no will suffice. Also, I'm not a cultural relativist, so I do believe that objective standards of goodness and badness for games exist. Thus, anyone who says "it depends on your tastes" gets a swift kick in the junk.

I'd say yes. Story is lacking compared to other FE games, but WiFi adds a lot of replay value. I believe the GameFAQs reviews are a bit skewed; it's not really as bad as it makes it look.

But what exactly do you mean by "my time is becoming scarce"?

The gameplay is good, and the class swap feature gives it a lot of replayability. However, the story is not very expansive, and there is little character building conversations throughout. If you're happy with what you are playing now, you don't need this, but if you want to see something new, or get a new challenge(H5 is a bitch IMO), get this game.

But what exactly do you mean by "my time is becoming scarce"?

Like when I first bought FE8, I was so excited that I sat down at 3p.m. saturday and played until 2 a.m. sunday with maybe a poop break in there somewhere. Now I've got work and responsibilities so I can't do that anymore.

The game is pitifully easy so you might just want to skip to hard mode because the final boss is a COMPLETE JOKE. There are no support conversations and you can't rescue, which sucks. The story also isn't very in depth but I guess that's excusable since its a remake of a 90's game.

The game is pitifully easy so you might just want to skip to hard mode because the final boss is a COMPLETE JOKE. There are no support conversations and you can't rescue, which sucks. The story also isn't very in depth but I guess that's excusable since its a remake of a 90's game.

uhh... the [H5]final boss has 30 AS and 60/25/23 hp,def,res.

The game is pitifully easy so you might just want to skip to hard mode because the final boss is a COMPLETE JOKE.

The final boss now defines how hard a game is, let alone on easy mode?

FE5 and/or 6 is the easiest Fire Emblem game, apparently, and FE10 and/or 9 is the hardest.

uhh... the [H5]final boss has 30 AS and 60/25/23 hp,def,res.

My bad, I should have stated that I meant the NORMAL mode final boss.

The game is pitifully easy so you might just want to skip to hard mode because the final boss is a COMPLETE JOKE.

The final boss now defines how hard a game is, let alone on easy mode?

FE5 and/or 6 is the easiest Fire Emblem game, apparently, and FE10 and/or 9 is the hardest.

Well, you have to admit the entire normal mode was way too easy. If the topic creator wants a challenge, he should jump to a hard mode setting instead since he stated that he needed to budget his time. I'm just saying that it would be more fun if the game is slightly difficult.

Normal mode is still hard compared to the normal modes of the gba games. Enemies actually have AS and hitrate so you can't just throw a myrmidon or thief into a forest and expect it to survive.

Edited by Salmonella

This is the kind of criticism I hate. Yes normal mode is easy but if you had rescue or canto for that matter, it would make the game even easier dont you think?

This is the kind of criticism I hate. Yes normal mode is easy but if you had rescue or canto for that matter, it would make the game even easier dont you think?

The fact that you don't NEED rescue/dancing to make this game any easier, and its STILL piss easy except on H5, then that says something.

Yes, it's a return to the roots FE has been needing for a long time.

Most of the improvements aren't exactly noticeable at first, but once you notice them you can't imagine any future FE without them.

Edited by Ike-Mike