Joining Time

Lilmik11

Sometimes,the availability of some character is really pissing me off.So,if you could decide of the joining time of some character,what would it be?

For me,Tormod,Muarim and Vika would rejoin at 3-2,Bastian would join in 2-E(As a sage) and would rejoin at 3-11,Calill in 2-3,Elincia and Lucia would rejoin in 3-11,Ena in 4-1 and Volke in 3-10(as a level.1 assasin).And you?

Sometimes,the availability of some character is really pissing me off.So,if you could decide of the joining time of some character,what would it be?

For me,Tormod,Muarim and Vika would rejoin at 3-2,Bastian would join in 2-E(As a sage) and would rejoin at 3-11,Calill in 2-3,Elincia and Lucia would rejoin in 3-11,Ena in 4-1 and Volke in 3-10(as a level.1 assasin).And you?

I would make Pelleas playable in 3-13

Hmm... I want this to go along with the story as well to give some characters more play time. I'd say:

The LEA returns during 3-5, after the beast army retreats. Muarim would lose a bit of stats/levels compared with where he is in game.

Bastian should be a late-joining character, but 4-5 is ridiculous. I'd say he in Geoffrey both show up for 3-11, as well, stay through 3-E, and rejoin in 4-5 like they did earlier. Bastian would be --/18 and Geoffrey would keep the same level he had. Calill should join where she does, but go with Neph, Brom, Heather, and Haar in 3-2. Lucia... well, I think she should stay out of 2-2 and come in 4-2 with Elincia as a level 1 to 3 trueblade. Ena needs to be available in 4-1 and 4-4, and Kurth needs to come with at least level 28-30. As for Volke... I see no need for Heather in the first place. Drop her from the game completely and make him available in 2-2 instead of Lucia as a level 10 Rogue (or whatever his tier 2 class would be), let him come with th GM's in 3-2, and leave after 3-E with Bastian and Geoffrey. Haar would probably be a bit less broken if he didn't show up until 3-5 with the LEA, and the CRK need at least one more chapter besides 3-9 to gain levels.

EDIT: I agree with the above post. And let him start in 4-2 instead of showing up during the second turn. Go ahead and make him forced; I don't care.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

I think LEA should be available from 3-P, as GMs.

Haar/Brom/Neph should stay with the CRKs. However, the CRKs should get more and bigger chapters in Part 3 to compensate.

Ilyana stays with the DB.

Lucia is available in all CRK chapters in Part 3, and Geoffrey doesn't disappear.

DB get more chapters.

CRKs and GMs don't merge until Part 4. This means we have the CRKs, GMs and DB all as seperate entities. This also means we can shuffle the order of the parts so you complete the GM chapters first, then the CRK chapters, then the DB chapters, then Army of Chaos. This not only makes for more suspenseful storytelling, but also for a better difficulty curve.

Haar/Brom/Neph should stay with the CRKs. However, the CRKs should get more and bigger chapters in Part 3 to compensate.

Lucia is available in all CRK chapters in Part 3, and Geoffrey doesn't disappear.

DB get more chapters.

CRKs and GMs don't merge until Part 4. This means we have the CRKs, GMs and DB all as seperate entities. This also means we can shuffle the order of the parts so you complete the GM chapters first, then the CRK chapters, then the DB chapters, then Army of Chaos. This not only makes for more suspenseful storytelling, but also for a better difficulty curve.

I like your idea,but there's something wrong.How can the DB reach third tier if they only have one part before part 4?I agree that more chapter would be appriopriate,but c'mon,don't you think that the story would be weird if the others team would never meet each other until part 4?

DB get more chapters.

I like your idea,but there's something wrong.How can the DB reach third tier if they only have one part before part 4?I agree that more chapter would be appriopriate,but c'mon,don't you think that the story would be weird if the others team would never meet each other until part 4?

No. The story is better.

My one biggest annoyance with games and fantasy books is when they show me what the enemy is doing/planning. It destroys the tension and suspense.

For example, lets say you play through Part 3, and you hear about this evil sorceress who has brainwashed all of Daein into following her and her figurehead King, and in oppressing the laguz. You think - lolgeneric story villain. Then you get to the DB chapters and wtf they're actually nice people I am intrigued. Characters that the DB get would all be ones the GMs and CRKs fought as bosses, and the difficulty is far higher than the other parts. I don't know about you, but it sounds good to me.

And obviously, to compensate for only having one part, the DB Part would be extended.

(All of this is a very big overhaul of the game and chronologically is a bit mixed up, but to me this seems like the best way to structure the game. It improves the experience for the player, both story-wise and in terms of difficulty curve, and makes it far easier to balance since you no longer have people joining and rejoining all over the place.)

I'd probably keep Tormod, Emotigger, and Featherball in the DB, instead of lol going on a secret mission. I mean look at Haar. He had to delive a god damn package. He never even delivered it. He is going to get his ass sued by endgame. Epicness can't help Mr. Black Scottish Cyclops in court.

I'd give Oliver more fabulous playtime, probably joining the Dawn Brigade for massive beauty in 3-P.

Oh and I'd just boot Renning from being playable :D.

DB get more chapters.

This is amazing, and genius. That would make RD, the whole game, stand out a lot more.

Overall, I like the above idea. For Ashera's sake, just throw in a few more chapters for each team! Huzzah, more avalibility and less problems! That and pretty much the above, and I'd be fine with it.

How about this...

They alter the CRKs levels to something decent. Then, they make their chapters GM chapters, so they wouldn't feel so distant and unimportant in comparison to the rest of the game. It would make a great prelude to the Apostle's Army arc, and would tie Elincia in as a proper important character instead of just throwing her in.

In return, they could cut some of the other GM chapters and make them DB chapters. They just don't get enough, and the ones you're training might be something like 20/10 by the time you hit part four, when your units are meant to be third tier.

MTV can join Ike's team in 3-2 and Pelleas can join Micaiah in 3-13, of course, and all of a sudden, units who are unusable thanks to their availability and level will not be unusable anymore.

Micaiah and Ike got a similar number of chapters, with only minor focus on the Crimeans. Balanced? No, the DB starts a tier lower than the GMs and the CRKs just can't catch up, ever. It's sad, because this game has enough maps to rival FE8 and yet gives nobody who isn't glued to Ike's balls enough time to level. Bleh.

Hopefully IS has learned their lesson and will never try to split everyone into three armies again.

I think there should either be more Part 1/2/4 levels (with 72 characters, yes, 43 maps isn't quite enough), or there shouldn't be 1st tier classes at all.

As for Tormod's team, they should be at a much higher levels. Lv 30+ laguz and Archsage Tormod would be welcome.

Either that, or the game should auto-level the long-absent characters, like they do to the absent twin in FE8. (I think if Ephraim/Eirika is any lower than Lv 10, the absent Lord come back at Lv 10. Not that it helps a lot when some of your team have already been promoted.)

Edited by nocturnal YL

Don't see why people think Volke should get more playtime. He's already pretty broken.

The only characters who really could have used the extra playtime are Tormod, Vika, Muarim, Fiona, and maybe Geoffrey. Everyone else gets a fair amount of playtime in my opinion.

As for when they would rejoin/join, I would have Fiona join on 6-2 and allow her to be playable for all part 1 chapters, and have everyone else rejoin on 3-10 (the chapter where you have to protect Elincia) Geoffrey would still leave afterward, but at least he would get one more chapter. And it makes sense for Tormod, Muarim, and Vika to rejoin that chapter too.

Don't see why people think Volke should get more playtime. He's already pretty broken.

The only characters who really could have used the extra playtime are Tormod, Vika, Muarim, Fiona, and maybe Geoffrey. Everyone else gets a fair amount of playtime in my opinion.

As for when they would rejoin/join, I would have Fiona join on 6-2 and allow her to be playable for all part 1 chapters, and have everyone else rejoin on 3-10 (the chapter where you have to protect Elincia) Geoffrey would still leave afterward, but at least he would get one more chapter. And it makes sense for Tormod, Muarim, and Vika to rejoin that chapter too.

Umm... I'm pretty sure that there is no part 6 to this game. I think you meant 1-6-2?

All the CRKs, Tanith, Sigrun, Pelleas, and all the DB could use some extra playtime. In fact, I'd say the only characters that don't need more playtime are the Royals/Herons/GMs/laguz/Haar/Neph/Brom.

All the CRKs, Tanith, Sigrun, Pelleas, and all the DB could use some extra playtime. In fact, I'd say the only characters that don't need more playtime are the Royals/Herons/GMs/laguz/Haar/Neph/Brom.

Ilyana definitely needs to be added here. In fact, she could almost qualify for needing less playtime.

Ilyana stays with DB. Calil comes back in 3-2. Bastian in 3-11 as an high leveled sage. Tormod is available for 3-E. Lucia in 3-11. Elincia in 3-11. Geoffrey in 3-11.

Edit: Heck, have Bastian available in part 1, then come back in part 3. It does say he is in Daein, right?

Edited by core34510

Ilyana stays with DB. Calil comes back in 3-2. Bastian in 3-11 as an high leveled sage. Tormod is available for 3-E. Lucia in 3-11. Elincia in 3-11. Geoffrey in 3-11.

Edit: Heck, have Bastian available in part 1, then come back in part 3. It does say he is in Daein, right?

Bastian can't be playable in part one since it would show that Crimea supported Daein's rebellion and stuff. And Bastian having more playtime is doing nothing more than saying that we want to play as him more. Characters who deserve extra playtime are people like Tormod, and even he is actually a pretty damn easy unit to bring to the endgame if you really want(if not playing efficiently).

Anyone else think that they should really take advantage of the perspective switching to make more situational chapters? Like, some chapters are armor heavy and stuff like that? The reason it would be best with this game is because that all tends to go out the window when your characters become so godly it doesn't even matter anymore. It would be great if they actually forced you to train like 20 characters and have to choose 10 of those for endgame.

I personally only have issues with Volke. He should be hired for 2-E!

*is shot*

*is shot*

There's nothing wrong with wanting Volke in 2-E. There's just something wrong if you want him in 2-E with the stats he has when he shows up in 4-5. That would be "*is shot*" worthy.

*is shot*

There's nothing wrong with wanting Volke in 2-E. There's just something wrong if you want him in 2-E with the stats he has when he shows up in 4-5. That would be "*is shot*" worthy.

I would think that 20/14 (stats leveled down to match) is a worthy level for Volke in 2-E. Afterwards, he stays with the CRK's for 3-9 and joins for 3-11. Of course, we'd have to change the 4-5 story, but that's alright. It's not like we had the world's best story to begin with.

Edited by Randomly Predictable