Joining Time

Lilmik11

I was refrencing to Goldie's video. It woudl actually kinda fit with the story if Volke was to show up and try to Assassinate Elincia during the chapter though.

Saw the video, and everything. But still, it would have been nice to be able to use him in a leveled down version.

It is suggested in the game that Volke had been hired by Izuka at some random point.

Izuka: You! You're...

Volke: ...under a new contract. Good-bye, Izuka.

Izuka: Feral Ones! Kill him! Do it now!

Izuka sends him to kill Elincia in 2-E. Elincia offers more money, blah blah.

And nothing is nonsensical enough in Fire Emblem. If you see the epilogue, Volke appears between the laguz tribes. He must be a laguz in disguise

It is suggested in the game that Volke had been hired by Izuka at some random point.

And nothing is nonsensical enough in Fire Emblem. If you see the epilogue, Volke appears between the laguz tribes. He must be a laguz in disguise

But the problem is that if Elincia offered him more money in 2-E, he'd need to be made available at more points in the game or it would annoy the player too much. Hence, drop him a tier and give him some level between 20/10 and 20/15, drop his stats accordingly, then give him the availability to make it back to his normal 4-5 level by 4-5.

Assassin -> Black Ops?

from http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/assassin

butcher, clipper, dropper, eliminator, enforcer, executioner, guerrilla, gun person, gun*, hatchet person, hit person, killer, liquidator, piece person, plugger, slayer, soldier, torpedo, trigger person

Assassin -> Eliminator?

(or liquidator. Promotion costs items, rather than money. He sells them on the black market or something, we don't need to find out how.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

But the problem is that if Elincia offered him more money in 2-E, he'd need to be made available at more points in the game or it would annoy the player too much. Hence, drop him a tier and give him some level between 20/10 and 20/15, drop his stats accordingly, then give him the availability to make it back to his normal 4-5 level by 4-5.

Assassin -> Black Ops?

from http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/assassin

butcher, clipper, dropper, eliminator, enforcer, executioner, guerrilla, gun person, gun*, hatchet person, hit person, killer, liquidator, piece person, plugger, slayer, soldier, torpedo, trigger person

Assassin -> Eliminator?

(or liquidator. Promotion costs items, rather than money. He sells them on the black market or something, we don't need to find out how.)

Of course he should start at tier 2. Having 2 tier 3 units in 2-E seems like a bit too much. Then he can go with Micaiah in part 4 and steal Sothe's promotion, to laugh at him like he did in FE9. That'd have been so awesome.

Have him join back around 3-11 or something like that. He has no business to do in 3-9.

Assasin -> Deathbringer. Or anything cheesier for that matter.

Volke would, at the least, give her a hefty discount. After all, he doesn't like that guy. Plus I can't shake the feeling that he probably has some respect for Elincia.

...Wait, why does Izuka want Elincia dead? To get Bastian off his back?

Edited by Naglfar

...I think his "old" contract is to watch over Izuka (among other things Bastian asked him to do), and the new one involves killing him?

I don't think Volke would try to kill anyone Ike-related anyway, which does indeed include Elincia's group.

EDIT - And 3000G isn't a lot of money anyway. Izuka paying anything less would probably result in Volke declining the offer, since he apparently doesn't take jobs with risks too high. Like he didn't agree to stop Greil with a fully-abled hand.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Volke would, at the least, give her a hefty discount. After all, he doesn't like that guy. Plus I can't shake the feeling that he probably has some respect for Elincia.

What gives you the impression that Volke doesn't like Izuka, or that he has 'respect' for Elincia when they've never actually met?

What gives you the impression that Volke doesn't like Izuka, or that he has 'respect' for Elincia when they've never actually met?

Bastian: Ah, my partner in crime. How shall I convince you to move those leaden

feet of yours into action? How much "convincing" will it cost?

Volke: Three thousand.

Bastian: I thought I was the jester. Considering your usual schedule of

services, three thousand is negligible!

Volke: I don't like that guy. Call it a personal discount. Do you want it or

not?

Bastian: Of course I shall take your discount! Do as you wish when you see him.

Now get to work.

Volke: Understood. [leaves]

Bastian: I almost pity old Izuka...

If Volke is recruited by Bastian, and if the player has 3000 Gold (you better have >.<).

As for the Volke respecting Elincia part, I have no idea where that is found...

...I think his "old" contract is to watch over Izuka (among other things Bastian asked him to do), and the new one involves killing him?

I don't think Volke would try to kill anyone Ike-related anyway, which does indeed include Elincia's group.

EDIT - And 3000G isn't a lot of money anyway. Izuka paying anything less would probably result in Volke declining the offer, since he apparently doesn't take jobs with risks too high. Like he didn't agree to stop Greil with a fully-abled hand.

I agree with this for the most part. It seems that Bastian had already hired Volke to track down Izuka so that he could learn about

Renning

and the condition from the one who created it. Once Bastian and Geoffrey had decided to instead use the Galdr of rebirth, it was no longer necessary for Izuka to be alive (to provide his knowledge on the matter), so Volke, under Bastian's new contract, disposed of the fell summoner.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

Bastian: Ah, my partner in crime. How shall I convince you to move those leaden

feet of yours into action? How much "convincing" will it cost?

Volke: Three thousand.

Bastian: I thought I was the jester. Considering your usual schedule of

services, three thousand is negligible!

Volke: I don't like that guy. Call it a personal discount. Do you want it or

not?

Bastian: Of course I shall take your discount! Do as you wish when you see him.

Now get to work.

Volke: Understood. [leaves]

Bastian: I almost pity old Izuka...

If Volke is recruited by Bastian, and if the player has 3000 Gold (you better have >.<).

As for the Volke respecting Elincia part, I have no idea where that is found...

This.

I don't know why I think Volke wouldn't kill Elincia. It's just a feeling I have.