The Archives of Red Fox of Fire

Florete

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

This post has been edited by Red Fox of Fire: 22 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

Wow, it's been that long already? Longer than usual, that's for sure.

Anyway, now we get a taste of K-ON! and Umineko no Naku Koro ni, two very different series. But I'm really just bumping this thread.

Needs more The World God Only Knows...

I am contemplating being an even larger faggot and starting to use a Little Busters or Keima Katsuragi avatar, but I just love my Panting/FellatioxSanae avatar so much... You should go back to Clannad and we can be brosephs again.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Needs more The World God Only Knows...

I am not familiar with that yet.

I am contemplating being an even larger faggot and starting to use a Little Busters or Keima Katsuragi avatar, but I just love my Panting/FellatioxSanae avatar so much... You should go back to Clannad and we can be brosephs again.

Or you should go K-ON! like me. Bring on the moe!

My Monday Afternoon Journey: a story in pictures, brought to you by Alicia Reactionface<tm>.

[spoiler=Interceptor is bored at work. Let's see what's happening in FftF.]71825993.jpg

[spoiler=Endless posts of people complaining about tedious things.]98557672.jpg

[spoiler=Nestling thread. Interceptor now needs bleach for his brain.]88168415.jpg

[spoiler=Red Fox updated the Archive thread!]28260771.jpg

[spoiler=Random silly K-ON! moestuff avatar.]79673844.jpg

[spoiler=Signature image has potential.]82452876.jpg

[spoiler=Boredom assuaged. Back to work.]74447277.jpg

My Monday Afternoon Journey: a story in pictures, brought to you by Alicia Reactionface<tm>.

[spoiler=Interceptor is bored at work. Let's see what's happening in FftF.]71825993.jpg

[spoiler=Nestling thread. Interceptor now needs bleach for his brain.]88168415.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles? I like you a little bit more now :P. Did you play the game as well? A lot of people who played the game first seem to really dislike the show for the changes, I don't see why though; I liked both.

Even if you had some slight disappointment this time, I'm happy to know that updates to this topic brighten your day. It's just sad that no one here seems to respect K-ON!

I like you a little bit more now :P.

Suddenly, unbidden and from out of nowhere, a statement that contains all manner of implications.

Did you play the game as well? A lot of people who played the game first seem to really dislike the show for the changes, I don't see why though; I liked both.

I actually have not seen the anime at all. Not only have I played Valkyria Chronicles, but I'd consider it amongst the Greatest Games of All Time<tm>, for everything from gameplay to the VA (Lelouch as Maximilian? Revy as Rosie? YES!). Since adaptations are rarely as good as the original, though, I didn't feel like sullying my memories of VC by watching the show. I can tell just by the screencaps that they morphed Alicia's character into something that it was not, so meh.

I'll say this, though: Marina Wulfstan getting some screentime almost changed my mind. Almost.

Even if you had some slight disappointment this time, I'm happy to know that updates to this topic brighten your day.

Indeed. There are a few threads here that deliver; this is one of them.

It's just sad that no one here seems to respect K-ON!

I have nothing against K-ON!, I respect it for what it is... but what it is, isn't my thing. I can't get into the slice of life stuff. The animation seems pretty boss, though.

This post has been edited by Red Fox of Fire: 22 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

Wow, it's been that long already? Longer than usual, that's for sure.

Anyway, now we get a taste of K-ON! and Umineko no Naku Koro ni, two very different series. But I'm really just bumping this thread.

Dontcha just love the rules for FftF and Project Threads? Two free passes for you when you update.

Suddenly, unbidden and from out of nowhere, a statement that contains all manner of implications.

Yet still so innocent that it is accurate even when taken at face value ;).

I actually have not seen the anime at all. Not only have I played Valkyria Chronicles, but I'd consider it amongst the Greatest Games of All Time<tm>, for everything from gameplay to the VA (Lelouch as Maximilian? Revy as Rosie? YES!). Since adaptations are rarely as good as the original, though, I didn't feel like sullying my memories of VC by watching the show. I can tell just by the screencaps that they morphed Alicia's character into something that it was not, so meh.

I'll say this, though: Marina Wulfstan getting some screentime almost changed my mind. Almost.

Really? I liked the game a lot as well, especially for the art style. Not sure I'd rank it among the best of all time, but it is certainly one of my favorites! I was a little disappointed with the way they're doing VC2 and the way they did the anime at first, but I guess you really just have to learn to separate the experience of each addition to a series when you're dealing with Sega. I won't buy a PSP for VC2 though, I don't even understand taking a PS3 series and putting it on a handheld >_>. Kind of annoying for me, and they changed the art! Argh.

What about you? Looking to get VC2?

My friend loved Valkyria Chronicles (the anime) because it had Definitely-Not-Jews and he loves Jews. And Definitely-Not-Jews. But I dunno, the show didn't seem that good. What in particular did you like about it Mori? Or I guess Interceptor because he would have the story too.

Also, continuing to rageface at that K-ON avatar. You surely know how to get my goat... 8[

Also, continuing to rageface at that K-ON avatar. You surely know how to get my goat... 8[

Ah, c'mon. Surely Yui playing Mio at least made you crack a smile. Plus, I do believe it's supposed to be a parody of Maria†Holic, which makes it all the more awesome. See:

matsurikaguitarop01.jpg

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Ah, c'mon. Surely Yui playing Mio at least made you crack a smile. Plus, I do believe it's supposed to be a parody of Maria†Holic, which makes it all the more awesome. See:

mariaholic20090115150950.jpg

I saw tell tale K-ON signs and my eyes kind of glazed over. :P ALSO NO HOTLINKING.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

My friend loved Valkyria Chronicles (the anime) because it had Definitely-Not-Jews ™ and he loves Jews. And Definitely-Not-Jews. But I dunno, the show didn't seem that good. What in particular did you like about it Mori? Or I guess Interceptor because he would have the story too.

I probably would not have liked it if I expected a 100% faithful anime adaption. You kind of have to forget it is related to the game to enjoy it, although they did do a few of the characters well. It's the main ones they tinkered with to fit the new story, they really messed up Alicia and Welkin's characters. They very much changed the romance as well. There wasn't enough drama in the game I guess, so they made up a love triangle for the anime..<_<. Selvaria and Jaegar I think were the best of the lot, they were faithful for the most part and you got a lot more background info about them than what was given in the game, which is great because they were two of the most interesting characters and you get to know almost nothing about them. Plus the Edy detachment gets screen time, no complaints there.

The animation and soundtrack are fantastic though. I wouldn't say the show is something special, but I did like it. Just have to stop yourself from comparing it to the game, 'cause it really doesn't :P.

I saw tell tale K-ON signs and my eyes kind of glazed over. :P ALSO NO HOTLINKING.

I'm pretty sure I don't know what you're talking about.

n00b

I'm pretty sure I don't know what you're talking about.