I am a homo.

Judas

poor man's atheist just kidding...

I go to my grandparents house for a month, and I have to say grace everyday for a month

I prefer to think of myself as a cowardly atheist.

Oh gods, saying Grace is humiliating enough without repetition...and awkwardness can at least be avoided with good friends. But relatives...man...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was, like, six, I'd accidentally say 'Oh my god' occasionally, so I'd try and turn it into 'my goodness.' It didn't work.

Now I consider 'Oh gods' as integral to my internet persona as 'aright', or 'I'm too Irish for this heat.'

Try thinking of God more of a more powerful entity as opposed to a omnipresent/omnibenevolent/etc. entity with powerful defined as anything above the norm. Then you look at your neighbor with a shotgun. Then you won't feel like you are contradicting your beliefs and at the same time not sounding awkward.

Hey Merlinus, that argument just got you laughed at when you tried in the serious discussion board. It isn't going to earn you any more respect here.

That's getting beside the point, though. My question for this post is why everybody is referring to God as a "he". How are you so sure that God isn't a woman?

Edited by Hero

Hey Merlinus, that argument just got you laughed at when you tried in the serious discussion board. It isn't going to earn you any more respect here.

That's getting beside the point, though. My question for this post is why everybody is referring to God as a "he". How are you so sure that God isn't a woman?

Because the people who codified the Bible at the council of Nicaea were all men; hence, they decided that God should be male. He who has the power seeks to keep it, or so they say.

In the words of George Carlin, 'A woman could never fuck this up so badly'.

Japan has about 1.1 homicides per 100,000 people per year.

The US has about 5.5 homicides per 100,000 people per year.

The vast majority of the US is Christian

The vast majority of Japan is Atheist

Seriously, if people took religion a tad more seriously they'd be far less murder/rape/burglaries in the world, I can assure you.

By "seriously" I meant "In the right way" as in, they'd do it justly. The Middle East conflict/ US homicides are mostly due to extremists taking it the wrong way.

what

There is no such thing as justice in murder. I know that and I'm an atheist, I was never taught to believe anything, which is probably why I can't help but find all of your arguments about morals fucking stupid, because I was never taught anything about God saying shit's bad and I know that shit is wrong anyways.

It doesn't take someone mentally retarded to figure out that pain is bad

aah, but that doesn't mean they'd go to their aid, now does it? That's what religion does.

Yes it does, because everyone knows that pain fucking sucks. Pity exists

Justice in murder = retribution.

You know, unless its for a completely misguided and/or mistranslated reason. Or out of sin.

Man, human emotion is the only thing keeping us back. That and religion.

So if we get rid of both... we'll be able to see things solely on a logical basis and we'd be much much MUCH better off.

You had the username Stupid Nigger.

I hardly call that lack of emotion.

what

How is saying niggers are stupid for fun in any way emotional.

And I meant I don't get mad or sad or whatever

What men? I think you mean "little boys".

This is the only accurate post in this topic.

Sounds oddly familiar to me.

Probably because every single forum that would have to do with Fire Emblem includes about two or three people in total who AREN'T virgins.

I know I'm a Virgin.

And I'm actually extremely proud of it! :3

Crash your 15, :facepalm:

there's a reason the UK has had the highest teenage pregnancy rate for 5 years running B)

and it sure as hell isn't Crash

also why are people saying God doesn't exist? I'm right here arent I? And say what you like about Jesus but have you seen his plane impression?

Also without religion man wouldn't have came up with the idea for sausage nunchuk fights in wooden bassett

Edited by mikethfc