Not such a boring rant

Junkhead

What about me? Come on come on.

I don't see you enough to judge, but you're not bad from what I've seen. o3o

But yeah, RP, don't be so downnnn. Live a little.

Ey, I don't have any self-confidence (at all) but I'm a tough little bean who likes to have fun.

You should have fun, too. :'3

You seem like you've got a decent amount of self-confidence, at least you seem to project that. :) I should probably try to be a bit more like you. You're not a bad person by any stretch of the imagination; in fact, you're quite the opposite. :)

oh missed this.

Well, in real life, I have none. None at all. I can't even read from a book aloud without thinking 'Do I sound nerdy?'

Ahaha, be more like me? Don't. I'm really, really insane. :awesome:

But thank you for the compliment. o3o

Makes me feel good~

Glad I could make you feel a little better.

And don't worry, I imagine I jumped off the deep end about 4 years ago... or was it 5? I think it was a little over 4 years ago that I became conscious of my lack of sanity. Plus, I'm pretty sure that I am a bigger nerd than you. Of course, people don't know that until the second I open my mouth, but it's pretty much on autopilot, so it's a lost cause. So don't feel bad, cheer up a bit. This is a gaming forum. I think we all more or less qualify as nerds. :) :) :)

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NERD POWER!

My school is pretty welcoming, I don't feel too nerdy, and I'm pretty social.

Well, I've made it to college. Once you get that far, the nerd ratio is bound to go up somewhat.

I'll survive. It's geek level that sucks.

NERD POWER!

Well, I've made it to college. Once you get that far, the nerd ratio is bound to go up somewhat.

Well, I'm a math and econ major. It's a nerd symposium, a smorgasbord of nerdiness.

NERD POWER!

There's always that filtering process, eh?

Still, in Canberra (I think all of Australia) you can now only drop out at Year 10 if you have a job or are pursuing an apprenticeship, so there'll still be a few jackoffs at 17-18 schooling...

NERD POWER!

Well, I'm a math and econ major. It's a nerd symposium, a smorgasbord of nerdiness.

It's okay, geek is when you are ready to marry a computer.

NERD POWER!

Still, in Canberra (I think all of Australia) you can now only drop out at Year 10 if you have a job or are pursuing an apprenticeship, so there'll still be a few jackoffs at 17-18 schooling...

What time is it there? Just out of curiosity, of course. And I'm only 18 myself, so I guess I'd have to keep schooling even if I were done with high school?

NERD POWER!

I haven't graduated to nerd status yet, I don't think...I play handball fairly well every lunchtime, and decided spontaneously to join a local baseball team. Still, I'm...in the vicinity of nerdiness ;)

NERD POWER!

I've considered computer game and video game CHARACTERS, but I've got no desire to marry a computer itself.

NERD POWER!

What time is it there? Just out of curiosity, of course. And I'm only 18 myself, so I guess I'd have to keep schooling even if I were done with high school?

It's 1:34 PM. It works like this.

Kindergarten to Year Six: (about 4, 5 years old to twelve) Generic Primary School years.

7-10: High School, get Junior High School Certificate, which you pretty much need for...everything.

In, say, New South Wales (where Sydney is, and where I lived up 'til year eight), you stay in high school for 11-12 and pretty much study for one ultima-test, the HSC (highschool certificate). Or you drop out.

Now in the ACT you either go to college, for years 11 and 12, or drop out. I think it's not about one major test, it's more evenly spread.

Then university. You can reserve a place and take a year off between year 12 and uni level.

Alternatives to going to 11-12 are pretty much either become a skilled worker and actually do something for the economy, or get a job. I think just doing nothing is now illegal, but I'm not sure.

NERD POWER!

It's 1:34 PM. It works like this.

Kindergarten to Year Six: (about 4, 5 years old to twelve) Generic Primary School years.

7-10: High School, get Junior High School Certificate, which you pretty much need for...everything.

In, say, New South Wales (where Sydney is, and where I lived up 'til year eight), you stay in high school for 11-12 and pretty much study for one ultima-test, the HSC (highschool certificate). Or you drop out.

Now in the ACT you either go to college, for years 11 and 12, or drop out. I think it's not about one major test, it's more evenly spread.

Then university. You can reserve a place and take a year off between year 12 and uni level.

Alternatives to going to 11-12 are pretty much either become a skilled worker and actually do something for the economy, or get a job. I think just doing nothing is now illegal, but I'm not sure.

Alright, so you're 15 hours ahead. I'm guessing it's the 20th there? It's 8:45 on the 19th here.

Basically, in the States, you go to elementary (or grade) school from first to fifth grade (6-10 yrs old), then spend 3 years in middle (or junior high) school, followed by 4 years in high school. Most people graduate at 18, though some (like me) do so at 17 and others at 19. Very rarely, someone graduates at 16, but people drop out almost always before they hit 20. However, unlike a lot of other countries, there is no super-long, uber-difficult graduation test. Although you do have to take a college entrance exam... It is, however, fairly short-ish (4-5 hours? Is that short?) compared with those tests, and while some people do study, it's very much possible to do well without studying much. After you get into college, you generally spend 4 years there (though again, some need five or six while others can rush through in 3.) After that, you either get a job or go on to do graduate work...

Today, I went to the Blood Red Suffocate me Dry concert, it was so awesome...they played songs like "Life is so boring" and "Stave my heart 'cuz I love you".

Broken record. Don't repeat yourself, Soul!!

:C

Edited by soluna