Official FFtF Roleplay Rules

Depends on how extreme they are, I suppose. There's at least one Born-Again who writes articles on the site.

Anyway, I'd have my work cut out for me finding Mormons in the least mentally stable district of Canberra.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonono, it applies to being a Dungeon Master of any kind.

I dunno if I'd call it a dungeon, but I guess there is that cave cyclops joke going around, huh?

8]

I cast Evard's Black Tentacles!

The hottest girl on this forum is a dungeon master :@?

Megan is not the OP. This post is false.

Also, ORENJI!

R'evan is hotter.

Revan is a MAN.

Liar. That is clearly the most attractive woman I have ever seen. If I had even 1/10th of R'evan's beauty I'd be set for life.

Nonono, it applies to being a Dungeon Master of any kind.

I dunno if I'd call it a dungeon, but I guess there is that cave cyclops joke going around, huh?

8]

I cast Evard's Black Tentacles!

Wtf, not on the first date :@.

How many extra points could I get for taking 'Short' and 'Robotic'? What about 'French'?

Short and Robotic are both neutral traits, with both advantages and disadvantages.

French nets you 50 bonus points, with the downside (or upside) that you automatically gain Aura 5: Cheese Stench.

This is a vaguely accurate representation of my RL stats :rolleyes:

sheet7-12.png

I'll make an avatar later I guess.

Edited by The Ferret Whisperer

How many extra points could I get for taking 'Short' and 'Robotic'? What about 'French'?

Short and Robotic are both neutral traits, with both advantages and disadvantages.

French nets you 50 bonus points, with the downside (or upside) that you automatically gain Aura 5: Cheese Stench.

What if I take a madness? How many points could I get for 'Acrophobia' or 'Psychotic'?

And what sort of check would Stench 5 entail? Would I get a Horror Rating?

Edited by Le Communard

What if I take a madness? How many points could I get for 'Acrophobia' or 'Psychotic'?

And what sort of check would Stench 5 entail? Would I get a Horror Rating?

Psychotic would net you points on a sliding scale. It's the difference between wanting to punch out people who look at you wrong and stabbing a fire poker through their skull for wearing orange. Ranges from 10 to 50 points bonus.

Acrophobia would be about 10 points bonus.

Stench 5 deals constant choking damage to anyone around you, with a decreasing effect as it radiates outwards. You cannot turn the ability off. Ever.

By the way, Stench is in addition to the obvious disadvantage of being French.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Stench 5 deals constant choking damage to anyone around you, with a decreasing effect as it radiates outwards. You cannot turn the ability off. Ever.

So there's no associated Horror Rating? You need some Horror Rating if you're going to pull off a good villain.

Edited by Le Communard

So there's no associated Horror Rating? You need some Horror Rating if you're going to pull off a good villain.

No, no horror rating. As I said though, being French has its own effects. You could always take Horrible Fashion Sense, or, alternately, Impeccable Fashion Sense if you want the Horror Rating.

No, no horror rating. As I said though, being French has its own effects. You could always take Horrible Fashion Sense, or, alternately, Impeccable Fashion Sense if you want the Horror Rating.

How big could I get with 'Otherworldly Geometry'?

Edited by Le Communard

How big could I get with 'Otherworldly Geometry'?

Depends, do you simply utilize Otherworldly Geometry, or do you operate under it?

Depends, do you simply utilize Otherworldly Geometry, or do you operate under it?

Operation, of course.

This would likely be a 50 point advantage, considering it requires some mental might to utilize correctly. Certain factors however become limitless with this capability.

Operation, of course.

This would likely be a 50 point advantage, considering it requires some mental might to utilize correctly. Certain factors however become limitless with this capability.

A 50 Horror Rating? That's mighty disturbing. You could kill with that alone. What's the INT threshold?

Edited by Le Communard

Operation, of course.

A 50 Horror Rating? That's mighty disturbing. You could kill with that alone. What's the INT threshold?

See, the whole thing is based upon your use of it. Some guy might just use it to give himself, say, a larger fist with increased mass. This would generate very little horror rating. However, if you, say, made your body out of a square that had 5 right angles, and 13 even sides, connected on 3 planes with a 1 sided hexagonal prism, well, that would be a mighty high horror rating there.

Truth be told, few could withstand the sheer mindcrushing power of seeing all that you know and love in your reality being raped before your eyes. It would require incredible training, mindlessness, or a mind so warped and twisted it is capable of understanding such things.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

I have a couple questions about magic.

Fist, does casting involve chanting of any kind in this system? Specifically, I'd like to know if I could still use magic if I take the Mute disadvantage and what kind of effect casting will have on stealth checks. Second, how many points would it cost to take "Summon Bigger Fish"? I did well by that spell in this science fiction game I played.

Also, are you going to make an obscene amount of repair checks? There was another game awhile back where I thought I wouldn't need repair because other people in my party had it, but then I ended up having to put a bunch of points into it at practically every level up because I personally needed it to get decent weapons and unlock a certain robotic party member's full capabilities.

Fist, does casting involve chanting of any kind in this system? Specifically, I'd like to know if I could still use magic if I take the Mute disadvantage and what kind of effect casting will have on stealth checks. Second, how many points would it cost to take "Summon Bigger Fish"? I did well by that spell in this science fiction game I played.

Also, are you going to make an obscene amount of repair checks? There was another game awhile back where I thought I wouldn't need repair because other people in my party had it, but then I ended up having to put a bunch of points into it at practically every level up because I personally needed it to get decent weapons and unlock a certain robotic party member's full capabilities.

What are you talking about? I remember said game, and you only needed your own repair for said certain Robotic party member, not for crafting.

Casting without verbal components would simply slightly increase the Skill Point cost of said spellcasting.

Summon Bigger Fish would have three levels. The first level would be a 25 point ability simply allowing you to Summon a Bigger Fish with absolutely no control over it in any way. It may well attack you. The second level would be a 75 point ability allowing you to Summon a Bigger Fish that will target all other creatures with greater priority than you or your allies. The third level would be a 100 point ability, allowing you to Summon a Bigger Fish that will under no circumstances attack you.

However you need to take special skills if you want to protect yourself against foes with any skills in Critic, be it Film Critic, Literature Critic, Comic Book Critic or otherwise.

As for your repair questions, if you have someone willing to use their repair skill for you, by all means utilize it to its full capacity. We are not hindered by Main Character Only bullshit here.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Good news.

If I were to cast the first level of Summon Bigger Fish outside of an aqueous environment, would the fish still be able to move and breath as normal? If not, how effective would it be in combat and how long would it last? (I suppose that last one might depend on the size of the fish.)

Here's a very mechanical question. I've met some GMs who insist on making all the rolls in the games they do online, either with their own unreliable dice or with some kind of dorky electronic dice simulator. I think that's retarded and would like to make all my own rolls with the lucky dice I have right here, and report my rolls according to the "honor system". You'd be cool with this, right?