This Cant Be Right

Ansem

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Ephriam and Erika can solo the game

That is not the point. It is how useful they are throughtout the whole game, it's not like Eirika can take down every enemy single-handedly. Ephraim can. But...that STILL doesn't make a great unit.

His post wasn't deleted, it is still there.

Actually, I quite expected you would say that, that he would "slow down" because of his Spd growth, well, he really doesn't, because I found him doubling reliably even until chapter 8, where he could double a mercenary which was using a heavy sword.

And it isn't much of a case being stuck with sword until promotion when soldiers do laughable damage and knights, like soldiers, do low damage or have low hit with lolsteel lances.

There is still the factor that he doubles more reliably on earlier chapters, he will also gain at least one stat point in Spd by the time Alan could even double.

Dieck is also your strongest unit that isn't promoted early game and it stays that way until the end.

His post was, "...........".

I'm starting to doubt if you've even played hard mode. Laughable damage? C8 soldiers w/ iron lances have 20 atk and ~60 displayed hit, he's getting 3RKO. You're over exaggerating him to be some kind of god. Even Marcus and Zealot are having a tough time. Furthermore, you still can't accept that Allen is a great unit.

I'm starting to doubt if you've even played hard mode. Laughable damage? C8 soldiers w/ iron lances have 20 atk and ~60 displayed hit, he's getting 3RKO. You're over exaggerating him to be some kind of god. Even Marcus and Zealot are having a tough time. Furthermore, you still can't accept that Allen is a great unit.

Not a "god", exactly...just a great unit, and if he isn't nobody else is despite those who actually get Hard Mode bonuses. I never said Alan was bad or that he wasn't a great unit, I just said he isn't better than Dieck, the advantage he has is that he will not get disadvantaged against lance users as a cavalier, his base Def is the same as Dieck just that they get different bonuses and that Alan has a slightly higher growth. Alan actually IS great.

And no, I did not play Hard Mode, but I never take it into account considering enemies are quite strong and it doesn't seem fair since many great units fall on lower spots in tier list =/

I don't see why a character's performance is debatable in Hard Mode, the enemies aren't really balanced as to make them equal to your characters. Now, Normal Mode is called for that reason, because it's the default and average mode where the enemy stats are set properly, or just look at how bad Wolt is in HM.

And no, I did not play Hard Mode, but I never take it into account considering enemies are quite strong and it doesn't seem fair since many great units fall on lower spots in tier list =/

I don't see why a character's performance is debatable in Hard Mode, the enemies aren't really balanced as to make them equal to your characters. Now, Normal Mode is called for that reason, because it's the default and average mode where the enemy stats are set properly, or just look at how bad Wolt is in HM.

I think a character's performance when the game is harder should matter more than when the game is easier. It lets you see who really is useful when the game gives you all it has to give.

That game isn't easy, it's normal mode, it is a disadvantage for some when it comes to hard mode, let's take a character like Dieck for example, his doubling becomes less reliable.

It's not like the enemies in FE6 are cheap either.

And knights only become important for their Defense, but they're still slow.

That game isn't easy, it's normal mode, it is a disadvantage for some when it comes to hard mode, let's take a character like Dieck for example, his doubling becomes less reliable.

It's not like the enemies in FE6 are cheap either.

And knights only become important for their Defense, but they're still slow.

Normal mode is easier than Hard mode.

Well, there's no arguing with it then, I take what you said about Hard Mode as an advise for the future, thank you.

Well then, so going back to Alan and Dieck...

• -Top Tier-
  • Lance
  • Alan
  • Dieck
  • Rutger
  • Miredy
  • Percival

Alan ranks just above Dieck, both of them ARE great.

Edited by Alan Rainsworth

Tiers are for queers. The placement in a tier list does not mean a certain character is definitely better than another as it can be debated.

At the same time, it also means those comparisons have been discussed, and I can tell you with confidence that Top tier in FE6 has been done to death since I was a part of it all.

Well, there's no arguing with it then, I take what you said about Hard Mode as an advise for the future, thank you.

Well then, so going back to Alan and Dieck...

• -Top Tier-
  • Lance
  • Alan
  • Dieck
  • Rutger
  • Miredy
  • Percival

Alan ranks just above Dieck, both of them ARE great.

Guess it wasnt that much of loss for this argument

I'll start using dieck from now on :lol:

You could use both, you know. It's not like there areas on the field are too different...mounted units specialize more on their movement and rescuing, but it's not so needed early game, Dieck will be doubling easy early game, but Alan will catch up.

Thats true

I finished hard mode so there is nothing else in the game i can do next <_<

Beating it without Arena Abuse? Beating it with different characters? S ranking Trial Maps?