Sothe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He definitely used a seraph robe. Without one, Sothe can only reach 39 HP. He therefore probably used other stat boosters.

And I thought characters only get +2 from stat transfers, yet, that Sothe has +5 HP, +7 Luck & 3 Def. It's actually doubtable whether he reseted or not to abuse, just look at that capped Resistance. Really, Sothe starts out with 0 base Res and a 30% Res growth, I don't think he could get THAT blessed.

And also, Sothe didn't get +2 Spd & Skill, those are the stats that he is most likely to cap.

Can someone enlighten me about transfers? I thought the same as Soul....

Is it really worth training a unit that has low caps?

Sothe's stats transfer to RD under the following two conditions:

1 - Sothe's stats only transfer if he hits level 20

2 - Sothe's stats at the end of PoR, if the first condition is met, BECOME his level 1 bases in RD. The exception is that if he has 16-20 resistance in PoR, it drops to his RD cap of 15.

RFEE01-1.png

Transferred via PoR HM, no reset abuse either.

inb4PEMN

Maybe no reset abuse, but stat boosters.

Yes, I used a seraph robe and a draco-shield, so yes I did use two stat-boosters, everything else is natural, no reset abuse.

I think transferring Sothe's luck has quite some potential, since nobody else can cap luck realistically so he might just as well get all the Ashera Icons. And even at the beginning of RD, he is not that good at dodging. He will probably appreciate everything to dodge more reliable.

Edited by BrightBow-User

I think transferring Sothe's luck has quite some potential, since nobody else can cap luck realistically so he might just as well get all the Ashera Icons. And even at the beginning of RD, he is not that good at dodging. He will probably appreciate everything to dodge more reliable.

I showed that with a luck band, both icons, and a small amount of BEXP abuse, that Mist has a not unsubstantial chance of doing so. Still, one going for maximum transfers would still dump them on Sothe.

By the way, has anyone actually gotten his tier 2 luck in the 36-40 range, and if so, does it fall to his tier three cap of 35 upon promotion. I imagine that it does, but I'd like some confirmation.

By the way, has anyone actually gotten his tier 2 luck in the 36-40 range, and if so, does it fall to his tier three cap of 35 upon promotion. I imagine that it does, but I'd like some confirmation.

Yeah, I've seen it happen. I got him to 40 Luck before promotion, and when he promoted, the promo bonus was -5.

What is the point of his 40 Luck stat in PoR and RD? As far as I am aware it is impossible for him to reach it in PoR and he loses 5 of his Luk cap upon promotion in RD. So why?

Well, in PoR, all characters had 60 HP cap and 40 luck cap, so I'd call that laziness on IS's part. As for Sothe losing his luck, it may have been a mistake to give him 40 luck in the first place. If not, it's because female characters always have either the same or higher luck cap as their male counterparts (on a class by class basis).

What is the point of his 40 Luck stat in PoR and RD? As far as I am aware it is impossible for him to reach it in PoR and he loses 5 of his Luk cap upon promotion in RD. So why?

Well, in PoR, all characters had 60 HP cap and 40 luck cap, so I'd call that laziness on IS's part. As for Sothe losing his luck, it may have been a mistake to give him 40 luck in the first place. If not, it's because female characters always have either the same or higher luck cap as their male counterparts (on a class by class basis).

Wait, HeatherxNephenee is straight?!

I don't see what that has to do with anything. I said that males never had more luck than the female equivalent. They can have the same amount as the female version.

I don't see what that has to do with anything. I said that males never had more luck than the female equivalent. They can have the same amount as the female version.

Never mind. Noticed the luck stat applied to female rouges as well. O_O

doesn't seem like a lot of people like sothe,

I don't know about PoR, but if he gets Bane like in FE10 he would be very good imo

(give your whispers in FE:RD adept, extra chances to activate Bane)

doesn't seem like a lot of people like sothe,

I don't know about PoR, but if he gets Bane like in FE10 he would be very good imo

(give your whispers in FE:RD adept, extra chances to activate Bane)

Better to give it to Volke for extra chances of Lethality. Or Elincia, who gets even more hits due to Amiti.

Better to give it to Volke for extra chances of Lethality. Or Elincia, who gets even more hits due to Amiti.

I don't use Volke because Sothe is forced. :/

Even with his stats Capped, Sothe can barely 1RKO, so Adept helps him.

Elincia really doesn't need it. Four hits are enough. :/

Edited by Bryan

Elincia really doesn't need it. Four hits are enough. :/

Well, it helps for Red Dragons and makes sure she can get white dragons with a staff. But still, Sothe, Volke, or an SM would be the best due to having 40 speed cap for all the other parts of endgame. As for before endgame, Mia will get Soren's (Adept + Vantage), and I'm not sure about the other one. Maybe someone like Boyd who can use it when he can't quite double but can easily 2HKO? I really don't know. :(

^what bryan said, plus I hate prepromotes.

(I don't see sothe as prepromote but I rather see micaiah etc. as underpromotes or something :P )

I just love it when he uses adept-bane-kill :awesome:

Well, it helps for Red Dragons and makes sure she can get white dragons with a staff. But still, Sothe, Volke, or an SM would be the best due to having 40 speed cap for all the other parts of endgame. As for before endgame, Mia will get Soren's (Adept + Vantage), and I'm not sure about the other one. Maybe someone like Boyd who can use it when he can't quite double but can easily 2HKO? I really don't know. :(

Uh, why would Elincia ever be using a staff on White Dragons?