What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched "Now and Then, Here and There" last week. It was good, but pretty short(13 episodes). Its a serious one with some but not a ton of action. Some unfortunate things happen in it though.

Edited by acey555

I just watched "Now and Then, Here and There" last week. It was good, but pretty short(13 episodes). Its a serious one with some but not a ton of action. Some unfortunate things happen in it though.

LA LA RUUUUUUUU!!!!

Err... by which I mean, I too did enjoy such a show.

Edited by Le Communard

The last filler episode was episode 151. Episodes 170 and 171 will also be fillers. I don't know after that.

Episode 167 was pretty good (graphically dubious for some) since it didn't have any serious annoying interuptions in the fight, imo.

I didn't find it that bad (that's just a frame between thousands of them), besides it's a known variant for drawing animated scenes, closer to European style.

I didn't find it that bad (that's just a frame between thousands of them), besides it's a known variant for drawing animated scenes, closer to European style.

I never said it was bad. In fact, I found it quite hilarious and thought it was the most entertaining episode of shippuden yet.

The animation was fluid, but you have to admit that the art looked like it was drawn by a drunk guy in some of the frames. Even sasuke vs naruto didn't look that fucked up.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since I finished LotGH I just can't be bothered watching much anime. I've been reading a lot of manga lately instead. I just finished 7 volumes of Mushishi and now i'm waiting for the last 3 volumes to get scanned or something.

Edited by Mochiguman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I just watched a few minutes of True Tears, and fuck! that was fucking terrible 1/10. Reminds me too much of that ef - a tale of melodramatic wank.

I haven't yet seen True Tears, but ef - a tale of memories was great. Perhaps you just aren't a fan of the genre?

So I just watched a few minutes of True Tears, and fuck! that was fucking terrible 1/10. Reminds me too much of that ef - a tale of melodramatic wank.

Wait, True Tears is like ef?

Fuck, maybe I should watch it.

I haven't yet seen True Tears, but ef - a tale of memories was great. Perhaps you just aren't a fan of the genre?

I love a good romance (Only Yesterday), but ef was just so pretentious. Its constant forced melodrama completely ruins any chance of a good romance. Mature my fucking ass. This is the reason why I can't take anime seriously.

And high school girls are just the bane of anime.

sorry about the mini-rant

Edited by Panspermia

I love a good romance (Only Yesterday), but ef was just so pretentious. Its constant forced melodrama completely ruins any chance of a good romance. Mature my fucking ass. This is the reason why I can't take anime seriously.

And high school girls are just the bane of anime.

sorry about the mini-rant

It almost sounds like you just shouldn't be watching anime in the firs place.

It almost sounds like you just shouldn't be watching anime in the firs place.

I do enjoy the occasional moeblob turd like K-On!!, Lucky Star, and Ouran. Something is very wrong when K-On!! is your second favourite show this year. I did find a series that has become one of my all-time favourites; Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, which just finished airing a few months ago. Of course, it is a Masaaki Yuasa prodution, but that man can do no wrong. So I enjoy sampling crappy anime from time to time just to find one that I will actually like.

I love a good romance (Only Yesterday), but ef was just so pretentious.

Which is precisely what makes it good. Perhaps it's just me, but there is a certain type of pretentiousness that I actually find enjoyable. Honestly, the melodrama wasn't particularly forced, and yes it was pretty pretentious, but I don't think that actually took much away from it.