What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Well, I was looking Fairy Tail but after the 140th episode, I just give up.

Lucy must got a clock with a key or something like that. Wtf, and also, I'm lazy.

But my best friend talked to me about a anime named "Shingeki no Kyojin", I don't know if someone here knows this anime, but me not. So I'll look it soon. \o/

Edited by Godot

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But my best friend talked to me about a anime named "Shingeki no Kyojin", I don't know if someone here knows this anime, but me not. So I'll look it soon. \o/

Shingeki no Kyojin (also known as "Attack on Titan") is one of the more popular anime out right now, so most people who watch anime on SF watch it. It's definitely worth watching.

For anybody who has watched it, does Hyouka get any better? 6 episodes in and I've been bored to tears watching each one. It's a shame since the animation is nice and all, but high school mystery of the week gets old real fast.

Finished up Sket Dance (as you can see by my current icon lol) and I really enjoyed that.

Haven't seen a lot of fans of this anime, though.

Also started to watch Gintama.

Much bigger following than Sket Dance but it's still about three people doing weird jobs for other people so I'll get into it easily.

They made a crossover anyways, right? Haha...

For anybody who has watched it, does Hyouka get any better? 6 episodes in and I've been bored to tears watching each one. It's a shame since the animation is nice and all, but high school mystery of the week gets old real fast.

If you didn't like it already, I don't think anything else in the series will change your mind. I found it to be a pass as well.

Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C³-bu is just fantastic. It's everything I could dream of; Gainax's production of this slice-of-life highschool-club anime feels like it was made in heaven.

Also started to watch Gintama.

Much bigger following than Sket Dance but it's still about three people doing weird jobs for other people so I'll get into it easily.

They made a crossover anyways, right? Haha...

I've been watching Gintama with my brother as well. The humor is inconsistent and it references a TON of anime/manga/japanese culture (most of them I know nothing about), but it's got a great cast of characters that keeps it entertaining. When it's funny, it's really funny. It starts off slow, but once you get to like episode 25ish, it gets progressively better.

Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C³-bu is just fantastic. It's everything I could dream of; Gainax's production of this slice-of-life highschool-club anime feels like it was made in heaven.

I've been thinking of picking that up. Someone else recommended it to me, so maybe if I have some free time and am all caught up with the other anime I'll watch it too. The whole SoL airsoft thing sounds interesting.

Started to watch g gundam.

#classic

Recorded most of my list on MAL.

Also been collecting anime figures.

Got back into anime a few years ago with like GTO, Welcome to the NHK and Chaos;Head

Chaos;Head adaption was horrible (could have been as good if not better then Steins;Gate if had been directed properly but oh well - end rant)

Mostly into sci-fi, military, mecha, romance, comedy

Shingeki no Kyojin (also known as "Attack on Titan") is one of the more popular anime out right now, so most people who watch anime on SF watch it. It's definitely worth watching.

Ahhh, I've never heard of this! Dammit...need to get back into the anime loop.

Started to watch g gundam.

Hell yea! I own this, wing, and 08th MS Team. All lovely~. Wing was my first anime, so it's special to me.

I've been watching Gintama with my brother as well. The humor is inconsistent and it references a TON of anime/manga/japanese culture (most of them I know nothing about), but it's got a great cast of characters that keeps it entertaining. When it's funny, it's really funny. It starts off slow, but once you get to like episode 25ish, it gets progressively better.

Oh yeah, referencing other animes/mangas/Shonen Jump things seems to be a recurring theme within Gintama and SKET.

ReleaseImage20.png

I totally got a kick out of "Bodaka Mex".

Chaos;Head adaption was horrible (could have been as good if not better then Steins;Gate if had been directed properly but oh well - end rant)

Yup. The Chaos;HEAd VN was really good (one of my top ten VNs) and I don't know why they screwed up the anime adaptation so badly. They did a decent job with Steins;Gate, at least.

Oh yeah, referencing other animes/mangas/Shonen Jump things seems to be a recurring theme within Gintama and SKET.

ReleaseImage20.png

I totally got a kick out of "Bodaka Mex".

The death note parody episode made me laugh really really hard

Yup. The Chaos;HEAd VN was really good (one of my top ten VNs) and I don't know why they screwed up the anime adaptation so badly. They did a decent job with Steins;Gate, at least.

I don't think anyone would think of the Steins;Gate adaptation as only "decent" if they didn't read the VN beforehand lol

I don't think anyone would think of the Steins;Gate adaptation as only "decent" if they didn't read the VN beforehand lol

But if they didn't read the VN, then they have no authority to judge it as an "adaptation". They can only judge it as an anime by itself, in which case it'd probably be considered a really good anime. But as an adaptation, I would consider it to be just decent.

Then again, some of the good stuff that were removed from the anime (like Jelly!Mayuri and Psycho!Nae) were probably taken out because they would be too disturbing for the little kids that would be watching the anime. Which is quite understandable.

Edited by Lævateinn

I don't think S;G is an anime that little kids would really be watching considering most anime air late at night when they go to sleep. If such content was taken out, it's most likely because anime in general is less extreme (for lack of a better word) when compared to manga and VN's.

But if they didn't read the VN, then they have no authority to judge it as an "adaptation". They can only judge it as an anime by itself, in which case it'd probably be considered a really good anime. But as an adaptation, I would consider it to be just decent.

Well it'd be based off an assumption since the anime itself is really really good. Like how people wouldn't say that Clannad was a bad adaptation even if they hadn't read the VN before.

Ever since Netflix acquired Digimon Adventure, I've been binging on it quite a bit. I tried watching Digital Monsters (the English dub) but I had a hard time sitting through it. Dem bad jokes. D;

Other than that, I've been watching Attack on Titan, Silver Spoon, that gay swimming anime, and The Eccentric Family.

Well I saw chaos;head before VN so as an anime I found it really good - could say it got me back into watching it - hence why I still consider it my favourite - censorship seemed Lola though as afaik it aired late night in Japan?

However I think with most media if u read original source generally adaption seems worst so intend to avoid source material.

Recently finished Mirai Nikki (Yuno Gasai is awesome) and no watching Accel World

Recently started again on Stony cat, And baka test 2... *not getting on anime stuffs lately thanks to the priceless Umineko VN..*

I'm watching German Naruto.

Somebody save me.

That's what people called masochism...

You can't change the dubs on TV?

That's what people called masochism...

You can't change the dubs on TV?

Interesting... people seem to know me for being a masochist.

I'm pretty much watching this on my own accord.

I'm looking for the worst anime dubs ever on the internet and I stumbled across GERMAN NARUTO.

I never ever watched much of the original Naruto but jESUS FRICK

tumblr_maymrpeMAe1rtr3kno1_1280.jpg

NARUTO BLEELELLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE

Edited by Rubidoux