Adding Wt to Forges?

Catnip

Thank you for the answer. Interesting.

EDIT: Yes, I read about the WEXP gain thing somewhere (maybe on this site?), and noticed it to be false. So I pondered if there WAS possibly any reason for adding weight other than to burn gold.

Edited by Catnip

EDIT: Yes, I read about the WEXP gain thing somewhere (maybe on this site?), and noticed it to be false. So I pondered if there WAS possibly any reason for adding weight other than to burn gold.

It's risky, but you could do it to keep your units from doubling so you can get more characters to get CEXP from attacking that unit, but I doubt that's really going to do all that much good in the long run.

It's risky, but you could do it to keep your units from doubling so you can get more characters to get CEXP from attacking that unit, but I doubt that's really going to do all that much good in the long run.

If you were going to do something like that you could always use flourish or mercy(only if elincia is involved).

If you were going to do something like that you could always use flourish or mercy(only if elincia is involved).

True for RD, but you don't have that option in PoR, though you could maybe use iron weapons to simulate that and still not lose avoid or hit, but then you're running into weapon EXP issues again. Just something to think about.

Why would you even want to use expensive forges to Boss Abuse?

You wouldn't. You'd want the cheapest, most accurate weapon you can find that is also capable of damaging the boss. In other words, either iron or steel, depending on defenses. However for normal enemies, you might be able to milk more exp out of them if you've got artificially weak weapons.

Since when do you have gold issues in PoR? If it's for RD Bronze is perfect as it is, and even then there's battle save abuse in case you have an unwanted critical.

Bronze weapons also set your critical rate = 0. However, you can BS abuse if your character dies from an ill-fated critical.

Since when do you have gold issues in PoR? If it's for RD Bronze is perfect as it is, and even then there's battle save abuse in case you have an unwanted critical.

It's not that I have gold issues in PoR, it's that I only can make one forge a chapter. Do I really want to waste it on a weapon for boss abuse?

It's not that I have gold issues in PoR, it's that I only can make one forge a chapter. Do I really want to waste it on a weapon for boss abuse?

Do you really need a forge in every chapter?

Yes. At least, if you want a good forge for each character along the way so that your team performs at their best.

You have a few maps to make iron weapons, then steel becomes available and you need to make those. Then Javelins and Hand Axes become available and it's a good idea to make some of those. Then Silver weapons become available and you can only make like 5 of them or something in HM.

So, yes, you need a good forge every chapter.

Yes. At least, if you want a good forge for each character along the way so that your team performs at their best.

You have a few maps to make iron weapons, then steel becomes available and you need to make those. Then Javelins and Hand Axes become available and it's a good idea to make some of those. Then Silver weapons become available and you can only make like 5 of them or something in HM.

No. I asked if he needs them, not if he wants them. If you needed a forge every chapter, then this game would be hard. It's easy.

Hard part of the game's over when you're able to forge stuff and unless you're intentionally using pathetic units or an assload of them, it won't kill you to go several chapters without a forge and if money's no issue either, then neither is forging a weapon for boss abuse or whatever you want.

No. I asked if he needs them, not if he wants them. If you needed a forge every chapter, then this game would be hard. It's easy.

Hard part of the game's over when you're able to forge stuff and unless you're intentionally using pathetic units or an assload of them, it won't kill you to go several chapters without a forge and if money's no issue either, then neither is forging a weapon for boss abuse or whatever you want.

What's the difference between needing them and wanting them in this situation? I only get one a chapter. As they are better than normal weapons, why wouldn't I want to spend my money on a good forge?

And if the game is easy, why do I want to boss abuse?

Small forges are nice to have. Pay a little more gold so that the user can attack twice, or so they can hit more often. The use of extremely modified weapons is not need for Radiant dawn, and forging only becomes a high priority when wifi battling on Shadow Dragon.

What's the difference between needing them and wanting them in this situation? I only get one a chapter. As they are better than normal weapons, why wouldn't I want to spend my money on a good forge?

And if the game is easy, why do I want to boss abuse?

I'll say it again: It. won't. kill. you. to. go. several. chapters. without. a. forge. As in, there's never a freakin' time where you need a good forge to get through a chapter so the 1 forge per chapter limit should not be an issue if you intend to boss abuse.

FE4's easier and people still boss abuse on it because they like to or for whatever reason it is.

RD is easy if you know what you're doing. I found it rather difficult my first time around on NM, and then fairly difficult again on HM the first time. More recently however, as I get more and more knowledgeable with the game mechanics, it seems to get easier and easier.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

RD is easy if you know what you're doing. I found it rather difficult my first time around on NM, and then fairly difficult again on HM the first time. More recently however, as I get more and more knowledgeable with the game mechanics, it seems to get easier and easier.

You don't have to rub in your vastly superior knowledge of FE on me, you know. :(

Just kidding, though I really do in a comparative sense, well, stink out loud, and you're by far the best FE player on the forum.

I agree. I'm quite bad at Fire Emblem as a series, but now that I have everything about RD (well, pretty much everything) understood, it has become quite easy to breeze through a playthrough.