Browsers?

Fayt Zelpher

51 members have voted

1. 1. See Thread title

Well, a simple question really. Which browser do you typically use to get on the internet. I'm on Chrome at the moment and intend to stay that way.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Le Communard's been pressuring me to switch to Chrome for a while, actually, though I'm attached to Firefox right now with all its plugins. Plus, it has all my bookmarks and stored logins and passwords, it would be a bit of a pain to suddenly switch.

But Firefox has been giving me trouble lately, eating lots of system resources, crashing more than it ever used to and refusing to load Gmail every once in a while (including right now, ever since Thursday.) I've actually been keeping a separate window open with Chrome just so that I can have my email at hand.

The moment that a version of Chrome is released that allows for plugins in the tradition of Firefox, I'll close Firefox and never open it again.

Edited by Hero

Chrome. I don't need that many plugins. In fact, none of them suit my needs (because I have none :P). So I use Chrome.

How can you go through the internet without this plugin? You're not living life right, man.

Google's my Internet Jesus, guys. I'm GOING to get that Google OS, too.

That sounds a lot like me. So what's this Google OS?

Edited by Hero

IE, since it was already on my computer and I don't see any reason to use any other

some pc's at school have firefox, I don't see what's so special about it...

Apparently, since so many people use their computers to browse the internet and... not much else, Google's designing an OS that loads really quickly and uses very little memory to do so. It won't have nearly the capability of a Windows or Mac (or Unix/Linux, etc.) OS, but it's supposed to be really good for people who only use the computer for internet browsing. I don't know that much about it though...

How can you go through the internet without this plugin? You're not living life right, man.

That's epic. But in all honesty, I didn't even know that plugin existed. :o

I'm picturing it now; my brothers would laugh at this pretty hard. :lol:

Don't use IE unless you like viruses, you know.

Viruses?

I don't use IE 'cause it crashes on me about every 30 seconds. Chrome doesn't crash, and if it does, it only takes out the single tab instead of all of them. Very important when I usually have 5 or 6 tabs open all the time.

Don't use IE unless you like viruses, you know.

never had them

Viruses?

I don't use IE 'cause it crashes on me about every 30 seconds. Chrome doesn't crash, and if it does, it only takes out the single tab instead of all of them. Very important when I usually have 5 or 6 tabs open all the time.

that's true actually, it crashes about once a week on my pc.

I hate that 1 game would close all my tabs

(playing a tower defense game on the background while posting on SF is just impossible)

Firefox = Chrome >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(one year later)>>>> IE

Went ahead and took the liberty of correcting your post. FF is pretty good actually. It might even be better than Chrome. But I'm used to Chrome, and it works well for what I do.