New site content discussion

VincentASM

In FE3 (At least for book 2):

EXP for damaging the enemy is equal to the damage dealt, with a maximum gain of 10 EXP per combat. EXP for defeating an enemy is listed on that enemy's status page. It varies based on the class of enemy, with bosses giving more EXP.

(Thieves give 40, Dragon Knights are worth 45, armors and shooters give 32, Snipers give 45, and I don't have any more off the top of my head.)

Since it wasn't on the main site, I thought it should be pointed out.

Edited by Cocytus

I'd like to see some sort of applet that will generate binomial distributions from given growth rates and number of levelups. It'd be really helpful for determining that a given character will have at least X in a particular stat at a given level, and could really be useful in tier list and debate discussion. I could provide the functional input and how to create this density function, but unfortunately, someone else would have to write the actual computer language (unless you want me to write it in Mathematica, which means that no one can use it anyway since it's expensive software...)

I have a program that does this. It'd take some extra effort to make it worth putting on the site (I made it for personal use so it lacks user friendly aspects), but if there is demand for it I'll do it.

Also, I think that if you're going to write character guides, you need to keep in mind that not every player cares about turn counts or ranks or what-have-you, nor will they play on the most difficult mode. A lot of the more casual players (which is what guides are for, by the way) are willing to spend 20 turns in a chapter to get more shiny green stats. While a number system is fine for a rating topic, I do not think such a thing has a place in a character guide.

Edited by Paperblade

I have a program that does this. It'd take some extra effort to make it worth putting on the site (I made it for personal use so it lacks user friendly aspects), but if there is demand for it I'll do it.

Probabilities of characters having certain stats at certain levels exist already, on FEPlanet, I think.

Also, I think that if you're going to write character guides, you need to keep in mind that not every player cares about turn counts or ranks or what-have-you, nor will they play on the most difficult mode. A lot of the more casual players (which is what guides are for, by the way) are willing to spend 20 turns in a chapter to get more shiny green stats. While a number system is fine for a rating topic, I do not think such a thing has a place in a character guide.

I agree. I've never really liked giving numbers anyway, since a number can't really capture the correct way to use characters, or the nuance between say, a character that's initially strong but should be dumped after a while, or a character that's initially weak but gets better, or a character that should be used only in specific teams and situations. I think that a character description guide is a good idea, though, just to give an idea of the character's strengths and weaknesses.

Probabilities of characters having certain stats at certain levels exist already, on FEPlanet, I think.

But it doesn't have all the games. Even http://fea.fewiki.net/ doesn't have all the ones that FEPlanet misses. And to make matters worse you don't even get HM and HHM versions of characters in fe6 and fe7.

And while FEPlanet does have a setup for calculating with altering classes along the way, it doesn't yet have one for New Mystery.

Also, don't most sites only take probability to two decimal places (which happen to be the two on the left of the decimal when you use the % format)?

If you want to know whether it is 1.4% or 0.6%, or that type of thing, you really can't. Provided Paperblade sets his up for give even one more decimal place, it would still be superior.

But it doesn't have all the games. Even http://fea.fewiki.net/ doesn't have all the ones that FEPlanet misses. And to make matters worse you don't even get HM and HHM versions of characters in fe6 and fe7.

And while FEPlanet does have a setup for calculating with altering classes along the way, it doesn't yet have one for New Mystery.

I imagine that it's not really necessary, since FE3DS isn't even released over here yet and we've only had the growths data a short while, but point taken.

Do the FEPlanet calculations take in account dynamic growths, btw?

Also, don't most sites only take probability to two decimal places (which happen to be the two on the left of the decimal when you use the % format)?

If you want to know whether it is 1.4% or 0.6%, or that type of thing, you really can't. Provided Paperblade sets his up for give even one more decimal place, it would still be superior.

I think that a two digit decimal is accuracy enough. I don't really feel that we need to go into the realm of 1% margins of error.