FFtF

"I SEE A TOPIC" "THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE LOUDLY AND OFTEN RUDELY STATING BIZARRE AND INSANE OPINIONS. SOME ARE JUST OUT THERE AND SOME SEEM STRANGELY CREATED TO BE EXACTLY CONTRARY TO MINE" "CLEARLY THEY ARE BEING ENTIRELY SERIOUS AND SHOULD BE TREATED THUS!"

What drives this thought process?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hatred and distaste of our fellow human beings.

Plus, I don't like you very much.

Because I can. The other boards aren't as active.

And because your name seems to be filter banned. So we have no respect for you since you = clown in SF's eyes.

You don't seem to have answered my question.

Hatred and distaste of our fellow human beings.

Plus, I don't like you very much.

Bleh, you're that typical guy that thinks humans are mentally inferior tou you and the rest are a disgrace, much talk and little action, Sir Brag-Alot.

Research on the pathways to FFtF use and addiction suggests the immediate decision to use FFtF is driven, basically, by one of two types of reasons. One group of young people seems to use FFtF simply to feel good. They are seeking novelty or excitement, to have a good time. I include in this group those who say they use FFtF just because all their friends are doing it; they just want to join in common fun or to be "cool." These kids are the ones most likely to be responsive to prevention programming that educates about the harmful effects of FFtF on their bodies, and are most influenced by the powerful protective factor of having strong and loving parents interested and involved in all aspects of their lives. These kids also seem to have the best chances of being successfully taught to seek alternative ways of having fun and to resist the temptation to seek novelty in FFtF and other harmful ways.

But there is also a second, very different group of young people who are using FFtF for quite different, actually more intractable reasons. These are kids who in some way or another are suffering and use FFtF to try to make themselves feel better, or even normal. This group often includes people stuck in very difficult life situations - poor communication skills or abusive anonymous, for example. It also includes kids suffering from a variety of untreated mental disorders, like biweekly name changes, copypasta, and unwarranted self importance. Estimates are that as many as over 9,000 children and adolescents may suffer from emotional and psychiatric problems of such magnitude that their ability to function is compromised, and the majority of those kids are at extremely high risk of becoming addicted to FFtF.

These young people are not using FFtF just to feel good. These children are actually trying to medicate themselves with FFtF. they use FFtF because they think they will make them feel better, or normal, in the same way that other people might be given video games or slowpoke tails. The problem, of course, is that using illicit FFtF is not an effective treatment. In addition to other, perhaps more obvious problems - like that their use interferes with normal functioning - this kind of FFtF use actually will ultimately make them feel worse, not better. Made up research has shown clearly that this kind of FFtF use only exacerbates underlying psychological problems.

Research on the pathways to FFtF use and addiction suggests the immediate decision to use FFtF is driven, basically, by one of two types of reasons. One group of young people seems to use FFtF simply to feel good. They are seeking novelty or excitement, to have a good time. I include in this group those who say they use FFtF just because all their friends are doing it; they just want to join in common fun or to be "cool." These kids are the ones most likely to be responsive to prevention programming that educates about the harmful effects of FFtF on their bodies, and are most influenced by the powerful protective factor of having strong and loving parents interested and involved in all aspects of their lives. These kids also seem to have the best chances of being successfully taught to seek alternative ways of having fun and to resist the temptation to seek novelty in FFtF and other harmful ways.

But there is also a second, very different group of young people who are using FFtF for quite different, actually more intractable reasons. These are kids who in some way or another are suffering and use FFtF to try to make themselves feel better, or even normal. This group often includes people stuck in very difficult life situations - poor communication skills or abusive anonymous, for example. It also includes kids suffering from a variety of untreated mental disorders, like biweekly name changes, copypasta, and unwarranted self importance. Estimates are that as many as over 9,000 children and adolescents may suffer from emotional and psychiatric problems of such magnitude that their ability to function is compromised, and the majority of those kids are at extremely high risk of becoming addicted to FFtF.

These young people are not using FFtF just to feel good. These children are actually trying to medicate themselves with FFtF. they use FFtF because they think they will make them feel better, or normal, in the same way that other people might be given video games or slowpoke tails. The problem, of course, is that using illicit FFtF is not an effective treatment. In addition to other, perhaps more obvious problems - like that their use interferes with normal functioning - this kind of FFtF use actually will ultimately make them feel worse, not better. Made up research has shown clearly that this kind of FFtF use only exacerbates underlying psychological problems.

:blink:

"I SEE A TOPIC" "THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE LOUDLY AND OFTEN RUDELY STATING BIZARRE AND INSANE OPINIONS. SOME ARE JUST OUT THERE AND SOME SEEM STRANGELY CREATED TO BE EXACTLY CONTRARY TO MINE" "CLEARLY THEY ARE BEING ENTIRELY SERIOUS AND SHOULD BE TREATED THUS!"

Luminothe.

What drives this thought process?

...Our thoughts...? I dunno :C