FE5 Lancers and mounted units in Final Chapters

Tamanoir

Well, in FE5, the final chapters are inside.

So, all your mounted unit except ForrestKnight/MageKnight/ArchKnight/Paladin(F)/Paladin(M), and maybe Brighton and Karin, must fight with Swords, and their Sword Ranks must be quite low.

Another problem is that the only unit who can use Lance are wavier and Dalsin. Xavier starts with E rank in Lance and Dalsin starts with Axe.

So, I would like to know if you use any Lancer in the final chapters and what is their Rank in Lance.

I also would like to know if you use your mounted unit in the final chapters

Basically, you don't use lances in the final chapters; as you've noticed, no knights can use use them dismounted (btw, male paladins, Brighton and Karin are locked to swords), and you have to raise your generals' lance ranks from zero.

Edited by TheEnd

Yes, I know. My Dalsin had C in Lance because it was the only weapon he uses once promoted.

I talk about Brighton and Karin because they can raise their Sword level in ch4/4x/5. I know they haven't Lance.

That was the 2nd party of the topic. You have your others mounted unit who have lower stats and low sword level with you. (Fin and Dain are the more screwed because they lose their Prf weapon.)

I wanted to know if you think it's really a big problem or this doesn't really affect the difficulty.

Sorry if I was unclear...

I wanted to know if you think it's really a big problem or this doesn't really affect the difficulty.

It's a problem with the game that you don't get to use your cool lances in the end, but not so much for the player. Unless you've been gaming the system with fatigue, you should have plenty of powerful characters that can fight indoors just fine.

It helps to train sword ranks a little bit on your mounted units early on, but I wouldn't say it's necessary.

Well, in FE5, the final chapters are inside.

So, all your mounted unit except ForrestKnight/MageKnight/ArchKnight/Paladin(F)/Paladin(M), and maybe Brighton and Karin, must fight with Swords, and their Sword Ranks must be quite low.

Another problem is that the only unit who can use Lance are wavier and Dalsin. Xavier starts with E rank in Lance and Dalsin starts with Axe.

So, I would like to know if you use any Lancer in the final chapters and what is their Rank in Lance.

I also would like to know if you use your mounted unit in the final chapters

You might end up training up swords anyway for mounted nonsword users early on for the extra experience gain bonus given to characters that are dismounted and easier movement in those rare circumstances where dismounting is a preferable practice.

Edited by User Account

You might end up training up swords anyway for mounted nonsword users early on for the extra experience gain bonus given to characters that are dismounted and easier movement in those rare circumstances where dismounting is a preferable practice.

I had a str blessed Karin so I frequently flew up to ballistas and dismounted. Lacking the mov to attack after being outside their range, of course, she had to wait until the following turn to kill them. Still, with her stupidly high str she almost always ORKOd. I really need to replay and try to force her to stay near her (adjusted) averages. By adjusted I mean calculating her average str with whatever scrolls I let her use while leveling. Then she hits B Swords and the blessed str is irrelevant since she ORKOs with magic swords from 2 range anyway. 20spd 20lck and the forests or mountains that are frequently near ballistas helped out, too.

But it really seems a waste to not have her able to use magic swords given her magic stat. I'm just annoyed that even after promotion she's not like the peg knights in other games that can use lances and swords while in the air.

I had a str blessed Karin so I frequently flew up to ballistas and dismounted. Lacking the mov to attack after being outside their range, of course, she had to wait until the following turn to kill them. Still, with her stupidly high str she almost always ORKOd. I really need to replay and try to force her to stay near her (adjusted) averages. By adjusted I mean calculating her average str with whatever scrolls I let her use while leveling. Then she hits B Swords and the blessed str is irrelevant since she ORKOs with magic swords from 2 range anyway. 20spd 20lck and the forests or mountains that are frequently near ballistas helped out, too.

But it really seems a waste to not have her able to use magic swords given her magic stat. I'm just annoyed that even after promotion she's not like the peg knights in other games that can use lances and swords while in the air.

I've always found it funny in general that her starting sword rank was higher than her lance rank--lacking the rank to even use that javelin you get from that chest in chapter 4 :huh:

Edited by User Account