The Official Empire Thread

BK-201

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Throws another Ewok at TRC*

Hey, anything that results in dead Ewoks is good enough for me.

*Ewok screams before burning to a crisp. Throws another Ewok*

I dun get it.

I meant to say, "Bad Comet", for killing the thread. Then I remembered your sig, and changed it to "Bad ALS" as a joke.

I know it's not really that funny.

Fits the statcaps.......But there are multiple things wrong. A Mage has lower def, in which case why even have magic? The mug kills my eyes.

So why the hell is the so-called "peerless sage" getting 39 defense and shit resistance?

Fits the statcaps.......But there are multiple things wrong. A Mage has lower def, in which case why even have magic? The mug kills my eyes.

He's Major Noba and Minor Holsety, he'd be a primarily melee unit that can use magic as well. Damn you.

Which reminds me, skills...

jb25.png

So why the hell is the so-called "peerless sage" getting 39 defense and shit resistance?

Unmounted units have higher caps than mounted units.

He's Major Noba and Minor Holsety, he'd be a primarily melee unit that can use magic as well. Damn you.

Which reminds me, skills...

jb25.png

Meh. Use natural colors.

Last I checked Mage knight crossovers didn't have Impale. >_>

No. The point is, you stated that mages should have higher resistance than defense. I think Peerless Sage is clearly pointing to the magic section yet when we look at the stats it has 39 defense and less resistance than a brigand(exaggeration).

No. The point is, you stated that mages should have higher resistance than defense. I think Peerless Sage is clearly pointing to the magic section yet when we look at the stats it has 39 defense and less resistance than a brigand(exaggeration).

@Bold: I never said that.

@Underline: Look which weapon he has equipped. Cam told me he just like the name.

@Italics: Unmounted units have higher stats than mounted units.

I never said anything about res. :mellow:

It could be 35 res and 36 def for all I care.

It's basically "Peer" with a fancy name.

And IMO a person should be allowed to choose his own caps, within reason of course.

Edited by Camtech

Okay, I've got a system in mind for troops.

I'll outline my plan... it's kinda long, and don't know if 'tis worthy of approval, O my brothers.

So basically, I'm dividing all troop counts by 100. TECHNICALLY. These troops will be top level generics, level 10/20/20/5. I'll think about their caps later. There will also be a much larger number of 2nd tiers as the basic unit of all factions, but these of course will not be able to even touch the PCs and don't really matter save for number crunching.

I'll make statsheets. But essentially there are four kinds of weapons for generics, all equally powerful in their own right...all S-level.

Obsidian; powerful, but unwieldy and heavy.

Adamant; balanced.

Quicksilver; weak, but light and accurate.

Bloodsteel; inaccurate, normal weight, average damage, has some crit.

They come in all weapon types and stronger versions of said weapon types, as well as Crossbows. Generic Reavers will be able to use conventional bows, generic Vanguards are allowed, as well as other classes if you ask me first. Not sure of anything exact yet, though.

Oh, and for every 500 guys that matter, you get a captain, who's significantly more powerful and bridges the gap between generic and us. They get 2 non-Occult skills and a Concoction, as well as being who/gives/adamn/15.

Everyone PMs me, tells me their types of troop, like so

"Oy ferret dude

50 Reavers - Adamant Axe, Quicksilver Bow

150 Gold Knights - Bloodsteel Blade

550 Civilians - Crossbow (No idea what I'm doing with crossbows)

Captain

-------

Ventrilo Guyface - Silver Knight - Obsidian Longbow, Concoction - Adept, Wrath

[insert postscript here]

Dave Example"

and then I sort out the statsheets. This is...another area I haven't fleshed out.

Anyway, you get the picture.

Sound good?

A Proposal for Skills

Each character has a certain capactiry and certain skills take certain amounts of capactity. So far this is exactly like Radiant Dawn but what will be the balancing plan is how these skills when grouped together take up capactity.

As we all know wrath, resolve, and vantage/ambush has been banned, but this new plan will help ease the jobs of the judges.

When wrath is coupled with resolve, a certain amount of capacity is taken, as when coupled with vantage.

Masteries will have no capacity. This will allow multiple skills but stop unfair ones in the tracks.

Say, we have 50 capacity.

Mastery capacity cost: 0.

Vantage cost: 0, when coupled with wrath takes 30 capacity, when coupled with resolve takes 30 capacity.

Wrath cost: 5, when coupled with resolve takes 10 [additional] capacity.

Resolve cost: 5

Nullify cost: 0, when coupled with fortune takes 10 capacity.

Fortune cost: 5

Life/Imbue cost: 0, when coupled with the other takes 40 capacity.

Continue cost: 5, when coupled with resolve takes 5 [additional] capacity.

Critical cost: 5, when coupled with resolve takes 10 [additional] capacity.

Cancel cost: 5, when coupled with resolve takes 5 [additional] capacity.

Prayer cost: 5

Charisma cost: 0

Also, I'd like to argue against Hikarusa's class which hasn't changed.

I've already requested for the weapon to be toned down but she threatened to use the parameters of the Earth Dragon. There's a reason we banned Order Incarnate and classes like that. Why? Because the caps are too cheap. Regardless, Hikarusa's class can be regarded as cheaper than an earth dragon.

Essentially here are Hika's caps:

HP: 74

STR: 56

MAG: 19

SKL: 42

SPD: 34

LUK: 35

DEF: 50

RES: 35

Magic essentially is a useless stat for her class so we can ignore that.

Essentially, Hika beats the class Haru threatened me with by 16 STR, 2 SKL, 10 DEF while losing by 6 SPD, 5 LUK, 5 RES.

I think that's substancial enough evidence.

Skills stuffs

Hikarusa stuffs

I'm not a judge, but I can provide my opinion, rite?

@italics: Charisma should take at least 5. After all, it makes everyone around said unit better, and therefore makes them stronger (team power~)

@bold: Yeah, Hika is too good.

Speaking of me not being a judge, can I be one?