Reinfleche vs. Randomly Predictable

riariadne

Low tier characters, yay. I open. Don't expect this debate to be done any time before April since I'm REALLY limited on weekdays nao.

For the purpose of our debate, Ilyana has Strength, Magic, Skill and Resistance transfers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolf has green hair. Ilyana does not. Rolf wins. [/debate]

In all seriousness, though, let's look at the numbers. Chapter 1-3 Ilyana joins. One might ask, "How well does she perform in this chapter?" Well, let's take a look:

Ilyana, Lv 12 Thunder Mage, HP 22, Str 8, Mag 14, Skl 14, Spd 13, Luk 6, Def 3, Res 11

with Thunder: Atk 17, Hit 114, Crit 12, 13 AS, 1-2 Range

with Elthunder: Atk 19, Hit 109, Crit 17, 13 AS, 1-2 Range

Durability: HP 22, Def 3, Res 11, Avo 32 (thunder and elthunder)

Compared to your other units, that's pretty good offense. Most enemies here have 5 res, so she deals 12/14 damage per hit, but isn't doubling. So she's about tied with Nolan, losing to Sothe, and beating everyone else.

And then we realize why she's not godmoding this chapter. Her durability sucks. Lol 22HP/3def. She's getting 2HKO'd by everything on the map, and I mean EVERYTHING.

This is the weakest enemy in the chapter.

1x Myrmidon lvl 9 (Steel Sword, Turn 6, north)

HP 22, Atk 18, AS 12, Hit 118, Avo 31, DEF 7, RES 3, Crit 11, Ddg 7

Ilyana deals 14/16 damage to the dude at 83/78 displayed hit with 5/10 crit.

Myrmidon deals 15 damage to the dude at 82 displayed hit with 5 crit.

Neither are doubling. Both 2RKO each other. That's a harsh blow to Ilyana, and there's only one guys this weak. One hit from him leaves her at 7 HP. Which lets every enemy on the map KO her with accuracy ranging from 54-82 (and only the boss has 54, not including the map affin bonus).

There's also these guys.

2x Fighter lvl 9 (Steel Axe, south Fighter also has a Hand Axe)

HP 27, Atk 25, AS 10, Hit 103, Avo 26, DEF 8, RES 2, Crit 5, Ddg 6

That's an OHKO right there, at 69 display hit. There's only two of them, but it's a major threat to her.

True, Ilyana's a mage, and you shouldn't be putting her right out front. It's also true that this map is pretty open, and your only frontliners are Nolan, Sothe, and maybe Edward. This is a pretty bad chapter for Ilyana, but does it improve for her?

Ilyana lv 13 w/ Thunder: 17.5 atk, 13.3 AS, 115.6 hit, 12.1 crit - - 33.0 avo, 22.6 hp, 3.3 def, 11.5 res, 6.4 critavo

2/ Elthunder: 19.5 atl, 110.6 hit, 12.1 crit, everything else same

Not really, since the next chapter is all Laguz. I repeat. All laguz. Once again I provide the weakest one.

2x Cat lvl 5

HP 34, Atk 18, AS 14, Hit 128, Avo 34, DEF 8, RES 4, Crit 8, Ddg 1

Yeah, real nice job there, Ilyana... Really nice...

And this continues for all of part one. Her offense is pretty good, but her durability? What durability? I'd say it's about reasonable for her to be around 20/2.

Part 2. Lol.

Part 3P we have Rolf on the team. I'd like to pint out that Shinon's offense is already pretty damn awesome (O/2RKOing almost anything other than a general with a Steel Bow? Yes please), so giving him the Killer Bow isn't too unreasonable. Let's check this out...

(... I think this died...)

Edited by Reinfleche