The Ike revolution and mass settlement thread

Since this is at least quasi-related, I want to ask one question: Why does everyone here hate GFAQ's so much? I don't have an account there or anything, but the FAQ's themselves are usually reliable. Or is it simply that everyone here hates the FE-related stuff there?

Since this is at least quasi-related, I want to ask one question: Why does everyone here hate GFAQ's so much? I don't have an account there or anything, but the FAQ's themselves are usually reliable. Or is it simply that everyone here hates the FE-related stuff there?

I think it's the people. That, and some of the Fire Emblem Character guides are known to be less than unbiased.

I think it's the people. That, and some of the Fire Emblem Character guides are known to be less than unbiased.

Alright, but I'd like to hear from more people on this matter? Do you think that I should start a thread on that, or will that spiral out of hand too quickly?

Alright, but I'd like to hear from more people on this matter? Do you think that I should start a thread on that, or will that spiral out of hand too quickly?

No clue, I guess it depends on the tone.

I asked the same question a long time ago, the answer i got was mostly because of the forums. People are trolls and stupid and the moderators are very unfair.

It looks like Ike won, but he'll have a hell of a time against his next opponent: Mario!

I wrote a post about this issue pretty recently in the introductions board. As far as I know everyone here respects GameFAQs as a resource, though in the case of Fire Emblem fansites like this one have really outdone themselves in providing information about the games at a level of detail and organization that GameFAQs could never hope to match.

I wrote a post about this issue pretty recently in the introductions board. As far as I know everyone here respects GameFAQs as a resource, though in the case of Fire Emblem fansites like this one have really outdone themselves in providing information about the games at a level of detail and organization that GameFAQs could never hope to match.

Alright, so it's more of an issue that sites like this one are better for FE-related information than a more general site like GFAQs. I take it that most of the people still recognize and respect that site for information on other games then? Because it's certainly helped me out a lot with some other games. (*cough*starocean3itemcreation*cough*talesofsymphonia*cough* et cetera...) But that's just me.

And please don't get mad at me if I decide to vote for Mario in that round. It's not like Ike has a chance... And Cloud will win in the end, since we all know that GFAQs is a site of crazed FFVII fanboys, for crazed FFVII fanboys, and by crazed FFVII fanboys.

No one will blame you for voting for Mario. It's not like the poll is public.

And Cloud will win in the end, since we all know that GFAQs is a site of crazed FFVII fanboys, for crazed FFVII fanboys, and by crazed FFVII fanboys.

For a moment I smiled about this, but then I remembered the FAQ page for FFVII. It's 100% true!

No one will blame you for voting for Mario. It's not like the poll is public.

For a moment I smiled about this, but then I remembered the FAQ page for FFVII. It's 100% true!

A - Thanks. I've not made up my mind just yet, but yeah, Mario is definitely worthy of all of our votes. If it weren't for the famous plumber, FE probably wouldn't exist (Crash of '83 and all that stuff).

B - Yeah, it's true. I've lurked on GFAQs for a year and a half and looked at all the past contests. It really is true. Unless you've got Sephiroth, then it might be a challenge.

But in my mind, Prince Cort is the only silver-haired pretty-boy antagonist of an RPG. Everyone else is just... not as cool.

Edited by Randomly Predictable